PDA

View Full Version : IUI support thread!

Magical22
August 14th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Hope I'm posting this in the right area.

I thought I'd start up a thread for us lady doing IUI.

This will be my first ever IUI cycle, I'm currently cd2 and will start clomid today. Will see my dr next Friday to see how things are going.
Im not sure how much IUI will cost I guess I'll know in the next few weeks. Not sure how many rounds of IUI I'll do before I move onto low cost IVF. In Australia at the moment low cost IVF is about $1500 out of pocket so not to bad.

Waiting to get the results of DH semen results early next week.

I have 2 boys and hoping for a pink bundle this time. [emoji166]

Hope to have some ladies join and share their journeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magical22
August 14th, 2015, 05:20 PM
@HealthyGirl

Magical22
August 14th, 2015, 05:32 PM
@Gg8

@sammysam

HealthyGirl
August 14th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Thanks for starting the thread magical. Btw we are cycle buddies. Currently cd2 as well.

Waiting to do IUI #2. Last IUI I did femara 5mg with trigger and it ended in bfn.

IUI # 2 my RE wants me to try 100 mg clomid.

Even though a pink bundle would be great, at this point I just want to give my only DS a sibling.

Magical22
August 15th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Thanks for starting the thread magical. Btw we are cycle buddies. Currently cd2 as well.

Waiting to do IUI #2. Last IUI I did femara 5mg with trigger and it ended in bfn.

IUI # 2 my RE wants me to try 100 mg clomid.

Even though a pink bundle would be great, at this point I just want to give my only DS a sibling.

Yay cycle buddies [emoji106]🏼

I'm on 50mg, already had a tablet I take it days 2-6.

HealthyGirl
August 15th, 2015, 11:40 AM
This is my first time taking clomid and I'm kinda scared of taking such a high dose.
Magical do you have side effects from it?
Femara gave me no side affects.
I wonder why some doctors prescribe it cd 3-7 and some 2-6?

Gg8
August 15th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Hi Magical! Thanks for starting this thread. I will be doing IUI with Femara overlaped with injectibles next month.

I am still very upset that my this months cycle got canceled due to TVE, report is all good. Doc just wanted to make sure.

Magical22
August 15th, 2015, 07:04 PM
This is my first time taking clomid and I'm kinda scared of taking such a high dose.

I took it with DS2 think I got a bit moody.

Ttc #3 the first month i went took it mixed with going off the pill I must on have such a hormonal chance I had a day there where I was just so upset and moody I got so angry I left my house and I've never done that before in anger. The months after i was back to normal.

I have no idea why the difference in days.

It reminds me I have to go have my next tablet now [emoji5]️

Magical22
August 15th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Hi Magical! Thanks for starting this thread. I will be doing IUI with Femara overlaped with injectibles next month.

I am still very upset that my this months cycle got canceled due to TVE, report is all good. Doc just wanted to make sure.

TVE?

Gg8
August 16th, 2015, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Magical22;747060]TVE?

Hi Magical, it is Transvaginal Endoscopy. Had to take days off f on work due to cramping due to this procedure but all better now.

atomic sagebrush
August 16th, 2015, 07:41 PM

People who ovulate earlier need to take it earlier in time to ensure it will prevent an egg from developing too early.

HealthyGirl
August 17th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone
Can't wait to finish 3 more days of clomid. I'm getting horrible headaches and I had this burning sensation that I get when I get a UTI but when I went to wipe there was tons of blood in my urine.

The same thing happened on a month I took femara but that happened a day or two after my last dose. I had to go to the ER that time and the doctor diagnosed it as Hemmoraghic Cystitis. When I told my RE he said he's heard of it as a symptom in literatures but hasn't personally seen it in his patients.

Luckily today it happened for just a bit and it went away. I really don't want to stop the clomid and hope it doesn't come back.

Btw Magical I'm super moody too. These pills are kicking my butt. 3 more days to go [emoji16]

Magical22
August 20th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Off to see my dr today will report back on how it all goes. Oh DH sperm came back all normal, so everything is normal and still no baby how frustrating

HealthyGirl
August 20th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Good luck on your scan.
I don't go in for a scan until I get a positive opk.
Let me know what your scan showed.

Magical22
August 20th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Good luck on your scan.
I don't go in for a scan until I get a positive opk.
Let me know what your scan showed.

I'll only be cd8 I'm manly going in to chat about IUI it's my initial consultation so I hope they can do it this cycle. But I want to get a scan too just to see how it's going

Gg8
August 20th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Good luck magical! Same here all is normal still no baby. But I am sure we are going to get them soon!!

Magical22
August 20th, 2015, 09:40 PM
No good news no follies at cd8 will go back on Wednesday for another scan. Got put on metforim or however you spell it

HealthyGirl
August 20th, 2015, 09:56 PM
No follicles at all? Or just small ones.
metformin is for diabetes . Why did your RE prescribe it?

Magical22
August 20th, 2015, 10:26 PM

She thinks she might have seen one small but wasn't sure.

Yeah it is helps with PCOS and ovulation or something I'm not sure.

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2015, 08:04 AM

metformin also used for PCOS and may help egg quality

HealthyGirl
August 26th, 2015, 01:19 PM
I ended up doing timed intercourse instead of IUI.

How is everyone doing?
Has anyone done their IUI yet??

Magical22
August 26th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Well my update is I had 2 good follies at yesterday's scan but my lining was crap! I'm hoping it's due to my surgery/ clean out/ d&c last month and it's back to normal next month. So we aren't doing IUI due to my lining but will still try ourselves. My lining was only 6mm anyone know much about lining? Might have to jump on Google.

So will go on more medications next month and see how everything is, then maybe do IUI next cycle.

But doing timed intercourse like you healthy girl. I'll start the tww on the weekend, what dpo are you?

HealthyGirl
August 26th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I'm 1 dpo.
I asked my RE to give my some progesterone for the hell of it.

We bd cd 9, 11, 12,13 so definitely no sway there.
Trigger was on cd 12. I'm hoping our timing was good bc DH is no way in hell gonna want to bd tonight.

Magical22
August 26th, 2015, 07:21 PM
When did you start progesterone? It has to be prescribed doesn't it. My FS said I'll take it next cycle but is it something I should start sooner. Might have to google!

1dpo awesome will just be a few days behind you!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Magical22
August 26th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Lol your poor DH must be buggered lol

HealthyGirl
August 27th, 2015, 12:19 AM
I haven't started the progesterone yet.
I will start it tonight though.
I don't think I really need it but after I heard my sisters best friend got pregnant after 4 years of ttc with just the use of progesterone I thought it wouldn't hurt to use it.
My insurance didn't cover it though which I thought was odd since it covers IUI.

Magical22
August 27th, 2015, 12:58 AM
I don't think I really need it but after I heard my sisters best friend got pregnant after 4 years of ttc with just the use of progesterone I thought it wouldn't hurt to use it.
My insurance didn't cover it though which I thought was odd since it covers IUI.

So what day do you take it? How much is it?

My private health doesn't cover IVF well I don't have that extra cover I should say, not sure if IUI is different.

HealthyGirl
August 27th, 2015, 09:50 AM
It's not too expensive 30 tabs for $125.
You use 1 day past ovulation before going to bed. It's a vaginal pill. 200 mg progesterone.
You use for 2 weeks and take a pregnancy test. If negative you discontinue using it.

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2015, 04:31 PM
When did you start progesterone? It has to be prescribed doesn't it. My FS said I'll take it next cycle but is it something I should start sooner. Might have to google!

1dpo awesome will just be a few days behind you!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Do not take progesterone except under the guidelines of your doctor EXACTLY how and when your doctor says. it is NOT something you start in advance and it can really mess up your cycle if you use it at the wrong time.

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2015, 04:33 PM

Insurance doesn't cover progesterone because it is clinically shown that it neither helps most people get pregnant nor stay pregnant - it's a placebo for most people. The people who realy need it are a very tiny minority compared to those who are prescribed it. Thus they don't pay for it. It's fine to use it if you want, just so you know that most people will get no different results with or without it.

Gg8
August 29th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Well my update is I had 2 good follies at yesterday's scan but my lining was crap! I'm hoping it's due to my surgery/ clean out/ d&c last month and it's back to normal next month. So we aren't doing IUI due to my lining but will still try ourselves. My lining was only 6mm anyone know much about lining? Might have to jump on Google.

So will go on more medications next month and see how everything is, then maybe do IUI next cycle.

But doing timed intercourse like you healthy girl. I'll start the tww on the weekend, what dpo are you?

Hi Magical, my monitoring nurse told me 7+ is good to go ahead with.

Gg8
August 29th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Hello all! I thought to update you all. Things are bit strange on my end. I was not given femara August cycle due to transvaginal endoscopy and cycle was canceled and asked to contact when new cycle starts.

However, I had very lighting spotting just seen when I wiped for two weeks after the endoscopy and then had little more than spotting. I got concerned and contacted doctor, they called me in and did blood work and ultrasound and to my surprise results shows as it would be my cd3:rolleyes:

My periods were not due until September 2. This is the explaination I got from nurse; since last five cycles were with Femara and this cycle was not so my body is confused and so are harmones. I may not have had enough lining to shed this month or endoscopy affected the lining so no timely periods and no normal periods.

I was prescribed Femara which I started CD4 and overlapping with Gonal F. Gonal F is new to me this month. There are small follicles, will know more on Sunday morning. I am stilling spotting though. Very confused with this whole bizarre situation.

Have anyone ever experience like this?

I will be doing IUI this cycle.

Magical22
August 29th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Gg8 strange cycle I've never experienced that before [emoji53]

But at least you know what cd you are [emoji106]🏼

So with my lining I heard it grows a mm a day roughly so you'd think by now O day my lining would be about 8mm, yet my dr didn't wanna to do iui.

Oh well will see how we go next cycle, currently 1dpo but not overly confident at all on this cycle.

Gg8
August 29th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Gg8 strange cycle I've never experienced that before [emoji53]

But at least you know what cd you are [emoji106]��

So with my lining I heard it grows a mm a day roughly so you'd think by now O day my lining would be about 8mm, yet my dr didn't wanna to do iui.

Oh well will see how we go next cycle, currently 1dpo but not overly confident at all on this cycle.

Magical, I know eh! Crazy cycle. Your uterine lining is very good. Hope for the best. Lining keeps growing until the ovulution. What is his reason for not to proceed withIUI?

Magical22
August 29th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Magical, I know eh! Crazy cycle. Your uterine lining is very good. Hope for the best. Lining keeps growing until the ovulution. What is his reason for not to proceed withIUI?

Just because the FS didn't like my lining.... Weird

atomic sagebrush
August 30th, 2015, 10:33 AM
We wouldn't want them to take our, or our insurer's money, for procedures that they do not think are going to work out.

I would much rather see you guys in the care of doctors who postpone IUI if they don't think it will work, than what some other bad doctors do, which is proceed with IUI's they think have no chance of working out.

Gg8
September 3rd, 2015, 10:08 PM
Hi magical, how are things going?

Thought to give you update.
Took my Ovidrel tonight, tired of a gonal f injections and side effects. Good news is I have three follies 24, 22,22 and lining was 10.6 this morning when FS monitored. Going for first IUI tomorrow and second the following day.

Magical22
September 3rd, 2015, 10:12 PM
Hi magical, how are things going?

Thought to give you update.
Took my Ovidrel tonight, tired of a gonal f injections and side effects. Good news is I have three follies 24, 22,22 and lining was 10.6 this morning when FS monitored. Going for first IUI tomorrow and second the following day.

Wow you can't hope for better then that, awesome!!!

Currently 7dpo just waiting, bring on Monday!!!

Gg8
September 12th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Wow you can't hope for better then that, awesome!!!

Currently 7dpo just waiting, bring on Monday!!!

Hi Magical" how is everything going? Fingers crossed for you!!