PDA

View Full Version : Feeling this is a boy

Bobster
August 15th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Now I've got my BFP I'm almost certain I've got a little boy in there. Just a gut feeling, which I also had with my ds.

I'm starting to think about how I'll feel when they say boy on the scan. My OH of course has said he thinks we're having a girl but he doesn't know a thing about swaying and I know I messed up by dtd so often in the fertile week :( I almost feel like I'm to blame for him not getting his dg as I was just too impatient to wait. I felt like it wouldn't happen if I only did 1 attempt but of course it would have in time.

Does anyone else just 'feel' that their sway didn't work? I am so scared of being disappointed at the scan and I really just want to enjoy this pregnancy and look forward to meeting the baby. I really wanted to give it my all with the sway but this month I had other stresses and let everything slip. I had about 3 x attempts around ovulation and I could kick myself for it. This will be our last baby whatever the gender as financially and emotionally we can't do it again. I know we will both love it whatever it is but I hate the feeling that I shoukd have done more for my sway.

covered in blue
August 15th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Yep I'm pretty much in the same boat. I just don't think that my sway could have worked as my diet got too loose towards the end. I'm only 9 weeks but so far everything is pointing to another boy. Measuring ahead of dates, right sides ovulation and implantation. I'm OK with that most of the time. I just can't imagine announcing boy number 4. I already have had people say how crazy I am for trying again :(. I think we'll just keep it to ourselves till after the birth.
Big hugs xx. Hope we are both wrong by some miracle :)

XXforhubby
August 15th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Hang in there ladies! People get girls all the time without doing anything near what you ladies have done by swaying. There are no magic bullets. People get opposites by doing everything to the "T", and people get their DG by doing nothing. No matter how you look and analyze things, you both have an excellent chance at having your DG.

Keep in mind that there is a little person growing inside of you that you already love to pieces! Let that love get you through and bring you solace right now.

Huge hugs!!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

covered in blue
August 15th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Hehe yes you are right xx :). I saw this little one move the other day ( on U/S) and it was terribly cute! I've been doing little impressions ever since lol.

Bobster
August 16th, 2015, 01:39 AM
You are right xx. I'm only 4 weeks and I already feel like I love my poppyseed. I hate the feeling of being disappointed but I'm sure when he's here I won't care. I know there's always a chance but I just know this is a little brother. I need to focus on positive things like watching them play together and have a brotherly bond. Covered in blue I'm sure it's not the last bit of diet that matters but the whole picture. I have everything crossed for you

mandyp85
August 16th, 2015, 04:36 AM
I also feel exactly the same, I did the best I could and things were very different to when I conceived my last two boys but I just don't think I did enough. I hope we are all wrong in how we feel and get our DGs but if they are boys we will love them all the same. I just feel so much pressure, especially for my dd, she will be heartbroken if its another brother for her.

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Feelings don't predict gender.

I would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that my DS 3 was a girl. I had a strong feeling with DS 1 that was right and then I had such a strong feeling with DS 3 I was just so sure he had to be a girl. But he is the most boyinest boy who ever boyed.

Bobster
August 22nd, 2015, 08:38 AM
Will you guys find out the gender? I'm hoping to see a nub on my 12 week ultrasound. We will ask the gender at the anatomy scan as we were team yellow the first time around and I want to get prepared (mentally) this time around.

mandyp85
August 22nd, 2015, 09:22 AM
I'm thinking I will stay team green again, only found out with my eldest and I prefer a surprise BUT if I see a girly nub at my scan on Monday I may find out. We are getting married in October and I think it might be nice to reveal gender during the speeches but we will see what happens on Monday first.

covered in blue
August 22nd, 2015, 03:26 PM
I will find out but we probably won't tell anyone IRL. I've done the surprise thing before and had GD after the birth so I won't be doing that again. It was awful and took me about a month to get over it and I really found it hard to bond with him.

babypinkno3
August 24th, 2015, 01:02 AM
I feel the same way. I had planned on ttc next year and hadn't started my sway yet. At least you got a sway started. There are some things this time around that were done differently than with my last two boys so I keep telling myself that I might be lucky enough to have gotten my girl out of pure luck. But I don't want to get my hopes up either. I keep obsessing about the small things that might sway boy and convincing myself that I'm just meant to have boys. I know I should be happy either way but I really wanted a third to be the little girl. Last night I had an awful thought that if this wasn't a girl then all this extra work would be for nothing. I feel so terrible for thinking that and now I'm trying to convince myself it's a boy just to not be sad if it really is.

Bobster
August 25th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Mandy congrats on your up and coming wedding. How did you scan go?? Any sign of a nub?

Blue I would be the same I'm sure if I didn't find out. I feel like I need time to get used to another boy before he arrives so I'm not disappointed at the birth. I think it would affect my bonding too. With the first he was a surprise but I was secretly hoping for a girl. I took a few weeks to bond with him but I think it was more because I struggled with bf and all those normal first baby worries stopped me from relaxing and enjoying it. I'm hoping its easier with this next one whether it's a boy or girl.

I'm starting to get really nervous about finding out at the 20 week scan. I'm only 5 weeks but already panicking about it. I feel a bit annoyed with myself for having so many attempts :(

Bobster
August 25th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Baby pink I feel the same! I keep thinking about all the things that must have swayed blue. I think getting used to the idea of having another boy is a good idea and then if you get a girl that's a bonus.

If you had another boy would you do a sway for another?

I'm sure that's it for me and we're done at 2. Financially can't afford another Nx emotionally it's too much to go through again. I will be sad but I guess when they are here it will be easier to grieve for girl we'll not have as we can focus on this new tiny boy.

Ita hard in early pregnancy as you are constantly second guessing what you are having and don't want to get hopes up in case they are dashed.

But at the end of the day even if you put 100% into your sway you can get an opposite. you always have a chance at having a girl. I just keep thinking of the stats and I think the odds of girl drop to 40% with 3+ attempts so the odds are against me :(

mandyp85
August 25th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Thank you :-) well baby was not cooperating at all so she could not get the crl measurement so sadly no nub shot either :-( I did get a look down at the rump end of baby tho and I couldn't see anything that was angled up but couldn't see anything that I thought was a nub either, so I'm still very much team green lol.

atomic sagebrush
August 25th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Will you guys find out the gender? I'm hoping to see a nub on my 12 week ultrasound. We will ask the gender at the anatomy scan as we were team yellow the first time around and I want to get prepared (mentally) this time around.

if you postpone to 13th week nub is more accurate

babypinkno3
August 25th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Bobster, this is definitely our last although DH still mentions the possibility of having a 4th, regardless of the gender of this baby. I don't think I could though. This baby was already a surprise for us. I just feel like there's a good chance it could be a girl but don't want to get my hopes up. I really prayed for a boy with my first. Like, to the point that I didn't even consider it being a girl. I just don't think I could get that lucky again. I'm so happy I have my boys. I'm just worried about adding a third to an already perfect boy pair. But then again I guess that's just the new baby worries.

Bobster
September 2nd, 2015, 04:00 AM
I will have to postpone my scan until 13 weeks anyway as going on holiday during my 12th week so that's good to know! I was worried it may be too late for nub by then. I am really nervous about having a scan. Firstly that there's something there and everything's measuring ok and appears healthy, but secondly that I see a clear boy nub straight away and I get down about it. I will be ok with another boy and I still strongly feel this is another boy but I think not knowing is nice as there's always a chance then that it could go the other way.

I had a dream last night that I had my second boy and OH was really disappointed and wanted to try again for a 3rd but I really didn't want to. I felt like I'd let him down which was an awful feeling. He says the right thing when I ask him if he'll be disappointed with a boy but I don't believe him that he doesn't mind. Argh the pressure! When I look at my ds I just think of course I'll be over the moon with another little man but at the moment I can't see it because he's not here yet and I don't know him.

Whatever this baby is, I'm done at 2!

pinkcomestrue
September 8th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I'm exactly on your shoe! I'm 5 weeks pregnant and TTC girl, also I'll be done with 2 so this is my last chance! I'm so freaking nervous on the 12th weeks scan, I don't know if I can handle it well if I find out that I'm having another boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk