PDA

View Full Version : Positive update :)

True Blue
August 16th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Hi Mommas, I woke up in a bit of a sweat to discover Im bleeding. Proper bleeding. I'm not shocked which I can't explain but I am feeling quite sad. I've suffered with really bad MS since 5 weeks which had eased up slightly over the last few days but came back last night quite bad.
I'm not very hopeful anything will be ok but I can make peace with it.
I'm going to miss this little one, I never got to see it but I already loved it.

Our doctors office is closed until Monday and our EPU don't scan on wkends. Is there anything I should do?

covered in blue
August 16th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Oh crap :(. I'm so sorry True! What is happening to our due date group :(
I will pray that it will all turn out OK xx
Big hugs xx.

True Blue
August 16th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Thank you covered :hugs:

Bobster
August 16th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Fingers crossed for you. Have you got an out of hours doctor you could ring ?

mandyp85
August 16th, 2015, 04:18 AM
So sorry to hear this true, I hope everything works out OK, big hugs. Xxx

Babygirlquest
August 16th, 2015, 05:16 AM

mandyp85
August 16th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Are you having any pain with it? I know its not the same but when implantation happened with my first pregnancy and this pregnancy I had what I considered at the time to be a full blown period but my little beans were still snuggled in tightly, I've also had additional bleeding with this pregnancy and it was due to a subchorionic bleed, maybe that is what is happening with you hun. Really hope everything works out for you. Xxx

True Blue
August 16th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Just to update I have called the EPU and will have a scan in the morning. I put a towel on during the night when the bleeding was there and despite it being a proper bleed it seems to have stopped? I expected to wake up with a heavier bleed but it is down to old blood and pink mucous :confused:
I am completely confused.
I did have cramping all day yesterday so I literally did nothing all day but today no cramps or pain - maybe a little twinge here and there but nothing worrying.

What is happening?

purple
August 16th, 2015, 07:07 AM
I hope it turns out to be nothing bad! I have known several women who have had bleeding early and gone on to have healthy pregnancies. Fingers crossed this will be you too.

mandyp85
August 16th, 2015, 07:35 AM
When I had bleeding at 5 weeks I too had cramping (like af was on its way) the bleeding wasn't excessive but I was very worried at the time, will keep my fx for you for tomorrow, I hope you have good news to update us with. Xxx

TaytumJ
August 16th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Just popping in to say I hope it's nothing, True! And that your little bean is snuggled in tight! Praying for you!

XXforhubby
August 16th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Just to update I have called the EPU and will have a scan in the morning. I put a towel on during the night when the bleeding was there and despite it being a proper bleed it seems to have stopped? I expected to wake up with a heavier bleed but it is down to old blood and pink mucous :confused:
I am completely confused.
I did have cramping all day yesterday so I literally did nothing all day but today no cramps or pain - maybe a little twinge here and there but nothing worrying.

What is happening?

Ok. This sounds exactly like what happened to me. This may very well be a subchorionic bleed. It is when the baby implants on or near a blood vessel in the uterus and as the placenta forms it causes bleeding to occur.

Around 5 weeks I noticed a lot of blood on my panty liner (I was surprised it didn't soak through). I called my office and they scheduled me for an US a week later. It never progressed and lightened to only being present when I wiped or a dime sized amount at most on my panty liner. I would continue to have a bit of blood occasionally and brown spotting, but I was told that was the scab falling off and causing it to ooze a bit until it healed. It was completely gone by my 13 week 5 day scan.

I hope and pray this is what has happened to you and your bean! I'm praying that it snuggled in super tight!!!

Huge hugs!!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

True Blue
August 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Thank you so much everyone. I know it's terrible but I'm terrified to hope, I do hope but I'm preparing for the worst. I wish it was morning already the day is going so slow. I'm afraid to do anything in case I start it off again.

Junie
August 16th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Oh gosh True. That must have been so scary. I hope it is something like what XX went through and tomorrow you see that baby is doing great!!! I'll be thinking of you today!

mommymachine
August 16th, 2015, 12:46 PM
NO NO NO. True I am so sorry you are going through this. I really hope and pray that your little bean is ok! I am so sorry.

Foxcubblue
August 16th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Oh True, I'm so sorry to read this. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it is such a horrible worry. Try to keep positive and take proper care of yourself, lots of rest. Praying for you and for good news at your scan xx

True Blue
August 16th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Thank you so much mommas :hugs: you are all so precious.

Kitty0911
August 16th, 2015, 11:02 PM
So sorry :( I had a SCH bleed at 8 weeks with my youngest. I actually have a thread in this section somewhere that was posted two years ago. Bleeding during pregnancy is always scary. I really hope that all turns out for the better for you!

ImmiNAddi
August 17th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Thinking of you true xx

covered in blue
August 17th, 2015, 02:58 AM
When is your scan True? I have everything crossed for you xx

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Firstly - thank you so much to all of you - I'm feeling really emotional right now and so grateful to each and every one of you for your support & kind words.
I've had my scan and baby is perfect, measuring exactly to dates and a beautiful little heartbeat. There is a bleed visible on U/S, I'm waiting to see the doctor now.
We have been blessed and are so thankful.

covered in blue
August 17th, 2015, 04:44 AM
Yay :). I'm doing a little happy dance right now! Wooohoooo!

Junie
August 17th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Such wonderful news! I'm glad baby is doing well!

Dana-Alicia
August 17th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Oh wow so relieved!! So happy for you :D

mandyp85
August 17th, 2015, 05:49 AM
So pleased to hear this :-) its fab news, so happy for you that everything is well. Xxx

XXforhubby
August 17th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Yay! I'm SO happy for you [emoji8][emoji170]!! Please keep us posted on what the doctor says. I'm sure it is just a subchorionic bleed that will resolve over time. What a relief and a beautiful site to see the heartbeat [emoji4]!!

Huge hugs!!

Foxcubblue
August 17th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Very pleased to see this update, True :bluecheer:

deaks66
August 17th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Great news! I had a similar bleed, very scary but now she's 4 days old! x

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Oh gosh I"m sorry I missed this yesterday but so thankful that everything seems ok!! It is really common!! I bled heavily for 5 days with my 4th son and then spotted several times after that. Praying!!

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 12:57 PM
The doctor has said it is a SCH, they didn't have much information or reassurance just a lot of wait and see.
I'm nervous but hoping all will be ok :fx: :pray:
So happy to hear many of you have had this and gone on to have your beautiful babies :)

Deaks congratulations on your new arrival :HH: enjoy every minute.

XXforhubby
August 17th, 2015, 01:15 PM
The doctor has said it is a SCH, they didn't have much information or reassurance just a lot of wait and see.
I'm nervous but hoping all will be ok :fx: :pray:
So happy to hear many of you have had this and gone on to have your beautiful babies :)

Deaks congratulations on your new arrival :HH: enjoy every minute.

I think they have to play it that way, yk? I was told that these happen a lot and people simply just don't talk about them. Probably because they are sitting and waiting for the worst to happen, instead of being reassured that most often things will be fine!

I was told by my OB and the MFM doctor that unless the SCH measures the same size as the gestational sac or larger, everything will be fine. If it is very large, it might cause the placenta to abrupt as the scab falls off. This is rare. For this to happen a lot of bleeding happens. Not spotting. Bleeding like a heavy menstrual period or more.

Hang in there, play it safe for a while. Hold onto the fact you saw the heartbeat (YAY [emoji4]!!), and try to relax a bit!

Do you have another scan scheduled or appointment?

Hugs!!

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2015, 01:16 PM
How much fish oil are you taking if any?? Let's wean that back by half now (don't stop it cold turkey, wean back)

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2015, 01:20 PM
if you can't wean (pills are big or whatever) then start taking every other day

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Thank you so much XX :kiss:

I do have another scan in 2 weeks it was booked prior to this but I will keep it :)
I saw the measurements for the bleed but can only remember 18mm - I'm sure it was 18 x 2 x 6 or similar. I'm hoping that's small? It said sub to sac which again I'm not sure about.

Atomic I had 1000mg capsules so have been doing EOD with them, is that ok to continue?

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Start skipping 2 days between them.

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Atomic the only supps I have continued with are my pre natal, extra folic, vitD & fish oil :)

I weaned off CoQ10, stopped EPO & keep forgetting probiotics now :D

XXforhubby
August 17th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Oh that's good! That means it is super tiny! They want to watch it and make sure it doesn't get larger, but don't worry! With one that small everything should be fine! Mine was 1mm X 5mm X 12mm.

FX!! Has the spotting stopped? Don't be alarmed if after it stops for a few days that you see brown spotting and the scab come out in the toilet or when you wipe. When this happens you may have light spotting for a day or two as it oozes while it heals. Once this happens, it should stop for good. This is what the MFM doctor told me! I was thankful, because I noticed the scab and thought crap it's a clot! It wasn't though, but I thought it was at first glance.

I'm praying this resolves quickly and you can enjoy this pregnancy fully!!!

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Am I aiming to stop the fish oil eventually?

Thanks Atomic :)

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 01:36 PM
The proper bleeding has stopped its down to blood stain mucous (mostly old) and pink streaks occasionally.

Thanks so much I was warned it could happen again and to go back in but nothing about a scab - I'm glad im prepared for that now. So if that happens it's a good sign of healing?
I hope you are right XX and that this fixes itself :pray: I haven't gotten to enjoy this pregnancy at all yet between MS and then this.

XXforhubby
August 17th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Sometimes the body will reabsorb the scab and you won't know it came off, but you will see a tad more spotting and brown spotting after it happens. I was told I may see mine pass because my placenta was in front.

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Thank you XX I know I've said this before but you're a diamond x

atomic sagebrush
August 17th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Am I aiming to stop the fish oil eventually?

Thanks Atomic :)

Well, in your plan there are directions to switch over to pregnancy DHA supps or you can continue with Fish oil at a lower dos (which you did). Since the bleeding is going on we need to reduce further to give your blood clotting factors a chance to catch up to themselves. Let's give it an extra day between and then once it clears up we can switch to a lower dose fish oil or pregnancy DHA.

True Blue
August 17th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I will pick up a DHA :agree: thank you atomic :)

TaytumJ
August 17th, 2015, 02:33 PM
So glad this ended up positive, True!! Praying it continues this way!!

mommymachine
August 17th, 2015, 02:59 PM
So glad to hear this good news True!

essnce629
August 18th, 2015, 03:33 AM
Just seeing this now True! So glad everything seems to be ok and hopefully the spotting and bleeding is gone for good soon.

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Atomic the only supps I have continued with are my pre natal, extra folic, vitD & fish oil :)

I weaned off CoQ10, stopped EPO & keep forgetting probiotics now :D

That is fine, but now I want you to skip 2 days between the fish oil and I would prefer if you switch from fish oil to a pregnancy DHA supp but do this gradually - I do not want you to be taking MORE blood thinners than you are now. We need to switch to the pregnancy DHA over time whilst lowering overall the amount of blood thinners you are on. So for now lower fish oil to every 2 days. When you ahve a chance (not an emergency, just whne you get the time), get some pregnancy DHA like Enfamil Expecta, and after about another week on just fish oil start alternating them plus adding in one more DHA. THe pregnancy DHA's will have about 250 mg in them so we will do this slowly because we don't want your blood to suddenly get too "clotty" either. Eventually I want you off fish oil and on the lower dose of DHA 5x a week. This will still be less blood thinners than you were taking.

So like this (and this is just an example, this is a more or less thing and doesn't need to be followed exactly):

Tuesday Take Fish oil
W - nothing
Th = nothing
Fri - Fish oil
Sa - nothing
Su - nothing
Mon - DHA
Tues - nothing
Wed Fish oil
Thu. - nothing
Fri - DHA
Sat. DHA
Sun nothing
Mon DHA
Tues nothing
Wed. Fish oil (and then drop it)
Thurs nothing

And then just continue on with just DHA skipping 2 days a week (like W and Su)

daisy4
August 18th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Glad everything turned out alright true

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The Anchor
August 19th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Whew! I was holding my breath reading this! Thanks for updating :)

Ashforblue
August 19th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Wow True, just saw this now! So glad everything is ok now & very, very sorry you had to worry like that!

True Blue
September 3rd, 2015, 05:07 PM
Atomic if you see this can you advise please :)
I've weaned out the fish oil - im still having issues with bleeding and I think it will be ongoing for a while longer. All is good with baby. I got a pregnancy DHA (Nordic) it recommends 2 a day. Will I start with 1? Do I start taking every day or gradually increase to everyday over a few weeks?

Thank you :)

True Blue
September 3rd, 2015, 05:09 PM
Also - the DHA has added vitamin D so do I drop vitamin D once I'm taking the DHA daily?

atomic sagebrush
September 4th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Take one every other day to start with and see how it goes.

How much Vit. D total?? If you're taking 1000 you can safely add in another 400, no harm in that.