PDA

View Full Version : What to keep & what to drop?

Jessmarie85
August 17th, 2015, 03:50 PM
On 8 dpo and starting to gear up for my 4th month of ttc (only 2nd with Gender Dreaming) and curious as what to drop & what to gain (if anything)? Last month I did LE which sounds like the most important part so will stick with, baby asprin, folic acid, Peppermint tea, rephresh and 1 attempt at + OPK, Swaying girl. I was considering possibly dropping the Rephresh or using it more sparingly and getting vitex to take from AF (if she comes) to O. Would love suggetions and thoughts on this, Thank you in advance!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

bunnywabbit
August 17th, 2015, 04:04 PM
As you say, stick with the diet and 1 attempt at +OPK. Folic acid is a must regardless of sway. I would drop the Rephresh (don't use vitex) and aspirin if it were me. Good luck!

Jessmarie85
August 17th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Thanks so much! May I ask, Why not Vitex? I have been reading a lot about it and I have seen it can mess with cycles, My cycle is normal but thought it could help with egg quality if taken from just AF to O. Thank you so much for your help!

XXforhubby
August 17th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Vitex doesn't seem to do much but mess up perfectly normal cycles for most people. Most people have dropped it because of that. I can't speak to it improving egg quality as I haven't read any information regarding that.

FX and GL!!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2015, 02:21 PM
ARe you adding vitex IN at this point?? Why?

Keep - Diet, exercise, one attempt. (obviously folic acid)

Drop - other stuff. You don't need to drop everything all at once, just 1 or 2 things a month by month til you get pg.

atomic sagebrush
August 18th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks so much! May I ask, Why not Vitex? I have been reading a lot about it and I have seen it can mess with cycles, My cycle is normal but thought it could help with egg quality if taken from just AF to O. Thank you so much for your help!

Vitex does not improve egg quality. The only exception would be ~possibly maybe highly unlikely but reomotely I suppose~ for someone with very severe PCOS who it may lower hormone levels for. These people would NOT have regular cycles, their cycles would be extremely long (months even).

I feel like vitex is not getting it done for most of us and has messed up more than it's helped. If you're looking for things to drop, don't add V.

Jessmarie85
August 18th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Thank you so much for all the info Atomic! I will definitely not add that in sounds like if it ain't broke don't fix it with Vitex