PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on BD

HealthyGirl
August 20th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I'm hoping Atomic that you will read this.
So I had told myself I wouldn't get worked up on how I will do my attempts this month but can't help but dwell on when I should start.
This is our 6 month ttc.
I'm currently on 100 mg clomid and most likely my IUI will be in 5-6 days ( cd 14).
Last month we did IUI with trigger under letrozole and only bd 2.5 days prior to the IUI and it ended in bfn.
I'm starting to feel more and more anxious since I've seen so many bfn. And the fact that my husband wants to only bd 2-3 times max during the fertile window doesn't help.
I know he is on some low dose of antidepressant and it's effecting his libido.
Since our last IUI on July 29th we have only bd once and he didn't finish.
It's been so long since he released. When I asked him before abstaining so long he said he doesn't like to release and doesn't believe that abstaining that long effects sperm quality. His semen analysis has come back with good numbers so that doesn't help the situation.
So now my dilemma is when to start bd to get the old sperm out and have it not be a waste as my attempts go since my husband isn't too keen and happy about timed intercourse. He thinks that since we are doing an IUI that should do the trick.

Currently I'm on cd 8. How should I make my attempts to maximize my chances of pregnancy?

Anyone Please help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bunnywabbit
August 20th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Would BD every 4 days work for you both? Good chance you can catch the egg that way x

HealthyGirl
August 20th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I would think that's too infrequent. I'm not trying to sway anymore just want to increase my chance of pregnancy.

I've done every 4 days and every 3 days before and have had no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2015, 08:09 AM
yes but if you're trying to ensure healthy sperm by BD, every 4 days will do the trick.

Then I'd add in 2 attempts in fertile window. Plus the IUI

You have to balance the number of attempts not with swaying but with DH's wishes because if he feels too pressured he won't be able to perform and/or finish when it comes to crunch time.

The DNA damage that abstain may cause would not show up in sperm analysis. these are things they don't know how to test for.