PDA

View Full Version : Is this too many mature follies? Need advice whether to go with IUI

HealthyGirl
August 24th, 2015, 03:34 PM
So I've diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
AMH is 1.2 and one month my FSH was 14 and the other month was 12.6.

This is my first cycle on clomid 100mg.
So far I've done 2 cycles on femara with timed intercourse which one resulted in chemical and last month we did femara with IUI and it ended in bfn.

I just got triggered today after my RE saw I have 4 follicles that are in good size.
The biggest one is at 22.5 mm and the other 3 are 18.5mm, 18.37 and 17 mm. I was only given half dose of the ovidrel shot that I usually get. On femara I usually have only 2 follies that were a good size.

I have my IUI scheduled for tomorrow but I'm having second thoughts about doing another IUI since the whole process is so weird and last month it ended up in a bfn.

Given the number of follies should I just go with my instinct and do another timed intercourse cycle or should I go for the IUI?

nuthinbutpink
August 24th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Either way, there is a risk for multiples. I am not sure how high the chance is...the 3 follicles are in the running to ovulate though.

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oh no sorry I only just now saw this.

I'd have you go ahead this month with EITHER TTC or IUI because you haven't conceived so far. Multiples is always a risk and there is every possiblity that only the biggest one or two will pop anyway.

What did you end up doing?

HealthyGirl
August 26th, 2015, 01:18 PM
I ended up doing timed intercourse.
I'm 1dpo today and am super crampy. Difficult to walk.
Is this normal? I can't help but think something might be wrong for me to be cramping like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
August 26th, 2015, 01:56 PM
If you ovulated 4 follicles, you will likely feel that.

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I get extremely painful cramps that can continue after ovulation for a couple days but as with everything if you're really concerned best to get it checked.