PDA

View Full Version : third month of cd21 testing

mt9178
August 24th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I just spoke to the nurse after having my second month of cd21 testing. Last month I was 12 and this month 5.7. My OB wants to do another month of testing before we do anything. Is it normal to test again for a third month? It seems like two was enough to see that there is an issue with ovulation.

Thanks for any insight or thoughts

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2015, 12:47 PM
That seems extreme to me...what were they planning on doing?

mt9178
August 26th, 2015, 01:49 PM
He said that he wanted to check the levels and then we would come up with a plan. That conversation was mid July just before the first blood draw. He initially mentioned putting me on BC to try to regulate as AF has been irregular for the past 6 months, but I did not want to do that as it seemed weird since I am ttc as well as I don't like taking BC pills as they make me grumpy.

Feeling kind of frustrated :(

The Anchor
August 26th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I think a 3rd month isn't going to tell you anything more. Do you have reason to believe there is an issue with ovulation?

mt9178
August 27th, 2015, 12:19 PM
ttc for 10 months as well as my normally 28 day cycles have become 26-34 day cycles over the past 6 months.

The Anchor
August 27th, 2015, 01:18 PM
IMO 26-34 day cycles are well within the normal range. I think the chance that you are not ovulating is small. Have you an u/s? Hysteroscopy?

mt9178
August 27th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I had to have a hysteroscopy in mid Feb, 2015 due to seeing a mass in my uterus on an ultrasound. Results of the biopsy were that it was normal tissue.

The Dr mentioned PCOS the beginning of July so he wanted to check progesterone levels for a couple months to see if I was ovulating. The results were 12 in July and 5.7 in August, which he called to say that he did not think I had ovulated so he wanted to do one more month of checking the level.

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I suppose since there was one oddball month he wanted to check again but I have not ever heard of a doc insisting on 2 months let alone 3. Usually they test for a month and hand over Clomid even if you're ovulating. I think this is very strange to be honest with you. What else would he even do besides give you Clomid?? (answer - nothing) Clomid would be the remedy if you are ovulating and also for TTC for 10 months even with ovulation. that's what doctors do in this situation.

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2015, 04:40 PM
IMO 26-34 day cycles are well within the normal range. I think the chance that you are not ovulating is small. Have you an u/s? Hysteroscopy?

:agree: totally, I think if you're getting AF that regularly then the odds are all but 100% you're ovulating. I suspect the blood test was on the wrong day or human error on the part of the lab tech was involved with that low reading

mt9178
September 16th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Just got the results from this months tests and OB said that it was borderline so I am most likely not ovulating regularly. He is going to prescribe clomid but I have an appt Sept 30 which will be too late for this cycle :(
I called to see if something could be done for this month and am waiting for a call back.

Should I ask about femera instead (I will be 37 tomorrow and take leveothyroxin for hypothyroidism) or try clomid for a couple months?
Also wondering about the cost difference for the two?

atomic sagebrush
September 16th, 2015, 12:35 PM
If your FSH is in normal range you can probably get away with the Clomid, Femara is seeming to be better in a variety of ways but many docs will not prescribe as it's an off-label use.

I am not sure about the cost difference?? Anyone know?

mt9178
September 16th, 2015, 12:38 PM
They have not tested my FSH levels??? Should that have happened by now?

djmommy
September 16th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I have taken both and think they are about the same money wise, at least where I am!

mt9178
September 17th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I just received a call back from the nurse. She said that the OB agreed to call in 50mg clomid to be taken cd5-9.
I am so excited that I do not have to wait until after the appt on the 30th as that would have made me most likely miss this cycle. Fingers crossed that this will work.

Any thoughts on the cd 5-7?? I read that 3-7 might be better

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2015, 01:53 PM
5-9 may be less odds of twins. I feel like we see more BFP with 3-7 but it's totally up to you