PDA

View Full Version : Clomid cramping after ovulation?

HealthyGirl
August 26th, 2015, 01:51 PM
This was my first month on 100 mg clomid and we did timed intercourse.
I'm pretty sure I'm 1 dpo today since I received the tigger almost 48 hours ago.

Could it be that I haven't ovulated yet?
The pain is on my sides, back and stomach.
It's similar to AF just more intense.

Anyone experience this on clomid?

nuthinbutpink
August 26th, 2015, 01:55 PM
If you had a bunch of follicles, your ovaries will feel like that and you may ovulate them. When we do stims for IVF, you can feel cramping like that as the follicles grow.

HealthyGirl
August 26th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Can I assume that I have ovulated?
How accurate it the estimate that one ovulates about 36 hours after trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
August 26th, 2015, 02:34 PM
There's a range but 36 hours is average.

HealthyGirl
August 26th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Would you happen to know what the range is ? Like the what's the latest one can ovulate?
We bd night of trigger and day after ( also a couple of times before trigger)but we aren't planning to do anymore since my husband is worn out and I'm in so much pain.

nuthinbutpink
August 26th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Ovulation usually occurs within 36 hours after an hCG injection is given. Sometimes ovulation will happen as quickly as 24 hours after injection, and it can happen as long as 48 hours after injection.

nuthinbutpink
August 26th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Sperm can live for 4-5 days in cervical mucus.

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Yes it's totally normal. You can get O pains before, during, and after O and Clomid makes them much more noticeable.

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Can I assume that I have ovulated?
How accurate it the estimate that one ovulates about 36 hours after trigger?

It's just the average. Has to do with lots of different variables such as timing of shot and your body's response.

I'd attempt if you can. Sorry for TMI but I find sex with female O actually can help the pain diminish once you get used to the idea.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
August 27th, 2015, 09:47 PM
My o pain started before o and went for about a day after my temp spike. Are you temping healthy? Sorry if I already asked you this in another thread..
I was on 100mg also.

HealthyGirl
August 29th, 2015, 01:19 AM
I meant to tempt hitme but I kinda forgot.
I got the trigger so I kinda knew more or less when ovulation was.

Did you have a follicle study and know number of follicles?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
August 30th, 2015, 09:20 PM
I didn't -
Was totally unmonitored. Seems that's normal in my neck of the woods...

Poptart32
September 11th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Just keep an eye on ohss symptoms.. I get uncomfortable after O ie low, v tender cervix and some bloating. But this month the pain woke me up about 3am it felt like my ovaries we're going to explode I felt physically sick and was covered in sweat! Because of this ive got to miss a month! Symptoms went after a few days but it scared me! I read that certain factors increase the probability of this happening which included parts of the French gender diet which I had started doing! So now I'm loosely following the LE diet as I don't want that happening again! It doesn't sound like it with you but just be mindful if you, like me are unmonitored! Xx

DS #1 [emoji170]DS #2 [emoji170] ttc #3 using a girl sway [emoji175][emoji170]

Boyzmommy
September 11th, 2015, 04:47 PM
I m taking clomid unmonitered too. And reading this scares the heck out of me. I hope it doesnt happen to me. Poor u hun. I m sorry u r going thru this.
I m on day 2 of 50 mg on cd4

atomic sagebrush
September 12th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I have seen hundreds of people take Clomid unmonitored and aside from the previous poster only one ever got OHSS and that was a woman who was given an utterly insane dose of Clomid by her doctor (150 mg for absolutely no reason because she was ovulating on her own). It is def. something to be aware of but really not common and not anything to worry about for the majority of people. :)