PDA

View Full Version : Over 40 yrs

Meems
August 30th, 2015, 05:50 PM
is there anyone here over 40? If there is I would love to hear of your experiences and any advice you may have.

nuthinbutpink
August 30th, 2015, 06:50 PM
With IVF or swaying? We definitely have people here over 40. IVF is challenging but swaying is definitely an option!

atomic sagebrush
August 30th, 2015, 07:32 PM
I got my daughter by natural conception at 41 and a half and delivered her at 42. :)

mylittlegirl
August 31st, 2015, 04:26 PM
Hi, yep I had my 3rd boy at 42 the old fashioned way!:happy: Good luck!

Little Lunasa
August 31st, 2015, 05:55 PM
Hi! I had my daughter last year at 43, conceived naturally with one attempt at ovulation :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keshet
August 31st, 2015, 09:23 PM
I am 43. Had trouble with IVF, but got pregnant with fertility drugs and timed BD.

Meems
September 1st, 2015, 05:31 AM
Thank you everyone you've given me hope. I'm hoping to start IVF this year but still hoping it will happen naturally [emoji6]

Meems
September 1st, 2015, 05:32 AM
Keshet, what were the fertility drugs that helped you?

Keshet
September 1st, 2015, 10:07 PM
I was on a long Lupron cycle that included Lupron, menopur, and follistim. Good luck!

Meems
September 2nd, 2015, 09:34 AM
Thank you

Meems
September 2nd, 2015, 09:47 AM
I am 43. Had trouble with IVF, but got pregnant with fertility drugs and timed BD.

Hi keshet, I forgot to ask you what BD stands for in timed BD? As I'm new to this I don't know what the abbreviations stand for. Thanks

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2015, 07:46 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/2069-abbreviation-translation.html

Meems
September 3rd, 2015, 04:29 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/2069-abbreviation-translation.html

So very helpful!! Thank you. [emoji106]🏼

fknonl1ne
September 4th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Any older than 40 mamas do PGD with a low AMH?

atomic sagebrush
September 4th, 2015, 02:05 PM
If you're over 40 and low AMH your best chance of success is either TTC naturally or PGD with donor eggs/embryos. It can happen but the odds are just very very low with your own eggs and unless you are independently wealthy (as in have 200K to burn with nothing to show) it is just not something to pursue.

Aura
September 4th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Atomic is right. HT is a tough journey for ladies over 40 with low AMH. Not impossible though (as nothing is impossible when you dream) just highly unlikely to succeed.

I am 28 weeks pregnant with our DE HT cycle. I started my HT journey when I was 39 yrs old & I am now 41. Never in a million years did I think that I'd be completing my family in my 40s. LOL.

You can see from my signature that I was not a good candidate for HT as I am an infertility patient with DOR, POR & immune issues etc.. 8 cycles later & Many changes made to our Plan B options & we are finally over the moon to be expecting our daughter.

We have spent so much money it makes my head spin, many tens of thousands of dollars plus travel half away across the world to get here.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your dream.

Hold onto hope - not giving up, esp. not giving up hope ... & most of all, LUCK is really what got us thus far. It's all about luck at the end of the day, I believe. But then if you don't keep trying you can't get lucky & have the chance to realise your heart's wish. For some of us, dreams take bloody hard work & resolve ... & luck.

Good luck. All the best.

Wanting a daughter
September 8th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Not independently wealthy but have burned more than 200k. Inherited some money which made it possible to continue but have blown all that too. Still nothing to show for it. :(

Totally agree with Atomic, either sway and try naturally or be ready for donor eggs pretty quickly.

How low is your AMH?

nuthinbutpink
September 8th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Any older than 40 mamas do PGD with a low AMH?

If you can afford one cycle to see how you respond so you have no regrets, I see nothing wrong with giving it a go. If you have age AND low AMH against you, IVF with GS will be very, very difficult. Donor embryo or donor eggs is your best option for success.

fknonl1ne
September 18th, 2015, 12:49 PM
"It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that"."

I so love this signature!! My coworker once told me: "I dont know any 70+ year old women who wished they had had less children, but I know a few even in their 50's who already regret not having more/any". That's one of the things got me empowered to start the GD journey.

A luta continua, com Deus a vitória é certa