PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? Suggestions???

Nann3r
September 8th, 2015, 11:14 PM
So me and DH are planning to ttc next month! God willing we get pregnant, we've already chosen names for both a boy and a girl. We are swaying boy, so hopefully it works, but I wanted to get excited about a girl name too so it helps the gender disappointment to maybe not hurt so bad.

So for a boy we like Hutchinson "Hutch" (family name:] Great x4 grandfather Edward Hutchinson)

And for a girl we like Judah. It means praise. So she knows even though I tried for a boy and got a girl, I will always be praise that I got her for a daughter. Reminds me to praise for the blessing of life in general. Boy or girl:)

Like love hate em??? Thoughts??? We like odd/unique names so if you have suggested please try me! I'm a huge fan of boyish names for girls! DD's name is Rowan Mesler G. :) Mesler is also a family last name!

has2gentlemen
September 8th, 2015, 11:58 PM
I don't like Judah for a girl. To me, that would say "I really wanted a boy and got another girl so I gave you a boy's name". It's just TOO masculine to work, IMO.
If you're going along the 'praise' line, maybe Jubilee or Adonai? Or Judith. I also really love Journey for a girl. Caius is traditionally a boys name, it means 'rejoice' but you could do a play on it with Kaius. (My ds2 is Benjamin Caius).

Love love love Hutchinson. It was on our middle name list for our 2nd son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nann3r
September 9th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Yeah I've never been a fan of girl names that end in "a" or "i/y" or "lyn"
And Judith is just too feminine for me. It was the same for DD1 Rowan. I just enjoy unisex names for girls :) or slightly boyish names for girls. Even if I didn't want a boy, I would still pick a boyish name cuz it's just kind of who I am! :) maybe it's cuz I'm very much a tomboy myself!

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Judah - I think everyone would call her "judy" which to me feels like an older woman's name. Especially if you don't like "ee" names for girls, I'd shy away from anything that has a very easy nn that people are almost certain to use.

Do you like the name "Bronwyn"?? I had a friend as a girl, whose parents also did not like nicknames that ended in"ee" sounds and that was her name. I also think it sounds nice with Rowan.

Hutch is cute!

Nann3r
September 10th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I could see how that nick name might start yeah.. I figured we would just call her Jude for short. Or juju until she's too old for it :p

Ashforblue
September 10th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Skylar, Regan, Blake, Peyton .... All could be boyish girl names.....

Nann3r
September 11th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Love em! Just not unique enough for me :) I love obscure names. Like not weird names but just names you've never heard of. Idk I just have a silly fascination with them!