PDA

View Full Version : How do you approach food/exercise everyday?

Rein&Sonshines
August 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I was just wondering how you guys apporach food balance and incorporate diet everyday (if you do). Is there a food journal you keep, or do you track it in your head? Or are you thin and fit w/o trying? How do you squeeze in exercise? Any tips on avoiding late night snacking? Any and all input is helpful...I'm swearing off any fad diet and focusing on getting slim and healthy! Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
August 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
For me it's totally habit. I find that keeping journals and even fitday is just another chore that I procrastinate on. I just stick to my schedule and do the same thing at the same time every day. So I know that at a certain time I will go offline and exercise because it's just "what I do."

For diet, I try not to buy stuff that I know I'll pig out on but that's hard with the teens in the house. I do a lot of buying things I don't really like for them and for DH just so I am not tempted.

I am not good with the late night eating - if you figure out that one, let me know!!!

Rein&Sonshines
November 11th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah I hear ya Atomic! Late night eating is tough. I lost 20 pounds last year but put it all back on when I quit smoking. I need to get rid of my extra fat and get a grip already, before I'm tempted to start lighting up again. How are you and the kids? Hope all is well!