PDA

View Full Version : bluebonnet22 Update!

bluebonnet22
September 14th, 2015, 07:37 AM
First apologies for being MIA for so long. I had a difficult birth and honestly reading all the normal happy birth stories was a major trigger for me these first few months. I had severe PPD with DS1 and avoiding the internet this time around has helped immensely ! Your babies are all so beautiful and I'm now at a point where I can be truly happy for about the lovely birth stories instead of immensely sad.

After a picture perfect easy twin pregnancy, my water broke in the middle of the night at 33w6d. My goal was June 1st - 34 weeks and the fact that I didn't even make it that long breaks my heart. I went to the hospital and after monitoring me all day, they insisted on taking the babies that afternoon because I was dilating and my water was broken. My son came out not breathing, and they discovered a large ovarian tumor and I had to be operated on for 2.5 hours and had my ovary removed. My spinal block ran out, I was feeling everything and crying and they had to quickly knock me out. I wasn't able to really meet my children until the next day.

The happy part of the story is my son only needed oxygen for about 5 minutes then did great on room air. My daughter came out screaming. My tumor ended up being a benign freak pregnancy thing. The twins were a very healthy size for their gestation (DS was 5 lbs, 10 oz and DD was 5 lbs, 6 oz) .The twins for in the NICU until just shy of 37 weeks gestation, but they were only feeders and growers and did fantastic their entire time with 0 setbacks. Their time in the NICU was one of the hardest 3 weeks of my life. Trying to keep life at home normal for my older DS and trying to be at the hospital for every feeding and leaving the hospital without my babies everyday was so hard. I have a new appreciation for those that have NICU stays much longer than ours. It's very painful.

It's been a dream come true having twins (since they've been home). They have been incredibly healthy and growing at an amazing rate . They are now 3 months old and DS is 13 lbs and DD is 11 lbs, 11 oz. They have been meeting all their milestones well ahead of schedule (smiling socially before their due date!) and are the easiest happiest babies ever! They smile all day and sleep 10 hours at night. I was able to make enough breastmilk for them for the first 12 weeks but eventually had to start supplementing 1-2 bottles a day to keep up with their crazy appetite.

Thank you to everyone in this community for everything you've done for me. Interestingly enough I feel much more bonded to DS2 than to DD, I truly think I'm more of a "boy mom". That being said I obviously love them both equally and feel very complete now that I have a DD. They are so precious and having twins has been much easier and more fun than I could ever imagine. I apologize again for disappearing - it really was essential for my mental sanity. 2728327284

nuthinbutpink
September 14th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Congratulations! Cuties!

2lovelyboys
September 14th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Congratulations on the arrival of your gorgeous twins x

bunnywabbit
September 14th, 2015, 08:38 AM
They're gorgeous! Huge congrats to you. Am so glad you're all OK despite the scary delivery. What have you named them? x

jennypenny
September 14th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Absolutely beautiful babies!!!! Congratulations xxx

Junie
September 14th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Congratulations! It sounds like you had a really difficult first few months and birth. I'm sorry. I'm so glad you updated though. Your babies are SO sweet!!! I'm so happy that they are doing so well :)

atomic sagebrush
September 14th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Oh gosh BB I am so thankful that everything came out ok in the end! They are both gorgeous and I wish you all the best moving forward with your lovely family.

Blue-Blue-Pink?
September 14th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Omg, they are so so cute. Congratulations on a gorgeous and healthy daughter and son

Kittybear
September 14th, 2015, 02:25 PM
What gorgeous babies you make! I'm glad they are doing so well now. Congratulations mama xxx

essnce629
September 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Ahh, Blue they are absolutely adorable!!! I'm so sorry you had such a difficult birth and first few weeks, but I'm glad you are all doing well now. Thanks for coming back to update!

Babygirlquest
September 14th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Omg they are beautiful! Twins are my dream! Congrats!

hopper
September 14th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Huge congrats!! Sorry you had a tough go of it for a while there but your twins are just precious and, I'm sure you'll agree, worth every second of it! Enjoy them mama xxx

XXforhubby
September 14th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Good to hear from you Blue! I'm so glad that you and your babies are all doing well now! OMG, they are super cute and scrumptious! I just want to kiss their cheeks!!

Huge congrats [emoji170][emoji171]!!

DS1 [emoji125]🏼, DS2 [emoji577], DS3 failed girl sway [emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170], & in Jan. 2016 I'll sway again for a DD [emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!!!

covered in blue
September 14th, 2015, 06:23 PM
They are the cutest little babies Blue xx I'm sorry your delivery was so scary but glad everything is OK in the end :). Big hugs xx

Ashforblue
September 14th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Sounds like you got put through the wringer! I'm glad to hear the happy ending of 2 beautiful, healthy babies!:awe::awe:

Linzshine32
September 14th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Wow! Adorable kids and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keepthefaith
September 15th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Congrats!!!

has2gentlemen
September 15th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Congrats! The NICU is a rough place, my ds2 was a 34 weeker and spent awhile on oxygen. They are beautiful though and it's great that you're feeling complete.

Mulberry Smurf
September 15th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Congratulations, they are so gorgeous :) sorry you had a difficult labour but so pleased to read such a positive update xx

liny
September 16th, 2015, 06:32 AM
They are so so cute !!!

Boysway
September 16th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Bluebonnet, I'm sorry to hear about your scary birth experience. If ever you need someone to talk to, just message me ☺ I'm very happy to hear your babies are going so well.

I have to say, it's a big relief to hear from you. I'm glad you're going alright xx

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Nahri
September 21st, 2015, 05:07 AM
You are a heck of a trooper for what you had to go through! They are absolutely adorable and I am glad it was just a benign mass!

Ugee
September 21st, 2015, 12:46 PM
So glad you and babies are ok...had me worried! They are so lovely so a massive congrats and sorry to hear it was a really tough start for you/them! Pleased all is great and well now x

business.woman
September 23rd, 2015, 10:33 AM
Congrats !!! Wonderful news !

missxo143
November 1st, 2015, 08:17 PM
So happy to read your update!! Sorry about your delivery :( but so happy for your happy healthy babies!! They are such cuties!! Congrats!!

luvmyfam
January 20th, 2016, 09:43 AM
They are precious! I had a rough delivery with DS 1 and I think I had some PTSD from it . I definitely sympathize there. It really helped talking about it. So glad everything ended up ok!

maidentomother
January 20th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Beautiful babies, congrats!

Boysway
April 7th, 2016, 06:48 AM
How are things bluebonnet?

bluebonnet22
May 28th, 2016, 10:38 PM
How are things bluebonnet?

My twins turn one this week! Raising b/g twins has been a dream come true and seriously the best experience of my life. Their birth was rough (and their first birthday is bringing back some of the sad memories), but overall I look back on this year with so much joy and happiness. I'm so grateful to gender dreaming and feel complete now having 2 sons and a daughter.

I hope you have enjoyed your little man's first year boysway. :)

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Happy birthday little ones!!! :)

Boysway
May 29th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Great to hear from you Bluebonnet. I am glad your little ones are going well and a big Happy first birthday 😀🎂🎂🎈🎈 Big hugs for the memories coming back. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.