PDA

View Full Version : Clomid and miscarriages?

TaytumJ
September 16th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I know, I know. I need to just stay off the internet. But it seems like everywhere I look someone is saying they got pregnant with Clomid and then miscarried around 8 weeks. There are so many negative nannies out there and I think I just need some of all of your positivity. I trust those of you on this site more than anywhere else (and honestly, atomic as much as my doctor!). Is there any correlation? I know that at this point I've gotten past my chemical pregnancy fears and I'm sure that after this point, a m/c occurs because of chromosomal issues and not related to Clomid. I guess - success stories from all of you lovely ladies?

Magical22
September 16th, 2015, 08:37 PM
My DS2 is a clomid baby now 16 months old [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaytumJ
September 16th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Magical! How many rounds? It took me 3 rounds for this BFP, and my last period was actually pretty average so I'm praying my lining was great too! :)

Magical22
September 16th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks, Magical! How many rounds? It took me 3 rounds for this BFP, and my last period was actually pretty average so I'm praying my lining was great too! :)

4th round I made him [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boyzmommy
September 16th, 2015, 10:01 PM
I hve the same Q

2lovelyboys
September 17th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Hiya, my DS3 is a clomid baby, i fell pregnant on my 2nd cycle of 50mg, i took clomid purely for swaying.

TaytumJ
September 17th, 2015, 06:55 AM
I tell myself that too, 2lovely! That so many people also take Clomid for swaying and there's no way people would if they thought it increased the chances of a m/c. I know that after a m/c you're so devastated you just want to blame someone/something, so I'm sure Clomid is an easy target.

Boysboys
September 17th, 2015, 06:56 AM
I don't personally have a "clomid baby" but I know more than I have fingers for (my sister is a nurse and I'm a teacher so we know lots of ladies!lol) Right now at school, we have three teachers who are about to POP with their babies that were conceived on clomid. My close friend just had a baby girl from clomid as well! Praying for you girl. I'm ready for you to be able to enjoy your pregnancy and get past this scary stage. :)

purple
September 17th, 2015, 07:18 AM
I have an almost 7 year old clomid baby :)

I did have a blighted ovum with my other clomid cycle when trying for #2 but that wasn't anything to do with the clomid. I haven't really noticed more miscarriages with women using clomid.

I hope you can relax a little soon! Are you able to have an early scan? I know I felt a lot better being able to see that heartbeat at 7 weeks.

TaytumJ
September 17th, 2015, 07:47 AM
I know! I'm actually not TOO bad in real life lol. I just feel like I can't get too attached yet, so I've just been going about business trying not to think too much about little bean.

I do have an appointment 7w3d so in exactly 3 weeks!

Thank you girls so much for your stories - THAT'S what I was looking for! I'm going to stay away from negatives online and just focus on the positives!

2lovelyboys
September 19th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I have a friend who has 3 healthy clomid girls (taken for fertility issues) but at time of conception she had also taken up running.........

TaytumJ
September 19th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Lol I don't know if I can take up running! �� I hate cardio. But, great to know she's had 3 babies taken because of fertility issues - that's my problem too!

I appreciate all of your success stories ladies!

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2015, 04:10 PM
What you have to understand is that the majority of people on Clomid are on it for SOME REASON (and not the reason you were on it, Taytum). Maybe they had PCOS, or were older, or thyroid issues, or had some other health issues (like obesity or extreme thinness) all of those things are affiliated with increased risk of losses.

Correlation does not equal causation and even tho there is a SLIGHTLY higher rate of losses in the Clomid mamas, that does not mean Clomid causes miscarriage IT's the underlying reason for the Clomid that causes the higher rate of loss, not the Clomid. (I actually discussed this with Dr. Potter and he agreed too!!)

Clomid has been around since the 1960's and I (not a fan of prescription medication as a rule) believe it to be among the very safest and most awesome inventions of mankind! It WORKS and it's as safe as it gets in terms of medicine! :agree:

TaytumJ
September 20th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Thanks so much, atomic! I figured that for the most part, like you said, many on Clomid had bigger infertility issues than what I was experiencing. I've basically taken all of the success stories here and put them in the back of my mind - this will be a healthy and sticky baby - I just know it!❤️

The Internet is sometimes a scary place. Being here though keeps my sanity - you are all some of the most knowledgeable women in the business!