PDA

View Full Version : Mono di twin and travel?

HopeNfaith
September 17th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Anybody around here?
We have a trip booked soon, a 2.5 hr flight for a 3 night babymoon.
Ob is fine with it as long as I'm not past 22w. My MFM did not say not to go but didn't seem thrilled either.
Thoughts?

sushikitty
September 17th, 2015, 04:25 PM
I am having Mo/Di twins atm too, and I have 5 other children. I don't see anything wrong with it if your pregnancy is healthy. I would like to travel to Germany to see my fiancé for Christmas. Plan is not set, but I will be around 4 months pregnant. I will only go if EVERYTHING is green light.

nuthinbutpink
September 17th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Anything can happen. That lady from the US went I to early labor with twins in Portugal. Got stuck there for months on end and just made it home.

2blue1pink
September 17th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Anything can happen. That lady from the US went I to early labor with twins in Portugal. Got stuck there for months on end and just made it home.

Plus one of the babies died and might not have somewhere else with a better NICU. (We were stationed in Portugal for 2 yrs, I would not want a NICU baby there,imo, they are lucky they both didn't die. They allowed smoking still inside the hospital when we were there and this was after 2002.)

If it's somewhere you don't mind getting stuck, and they have a good NICU, maybe.I would still be concerned about the flight triggering preterm labor possibly. I help with pregnancy loss support groups after the loss of our daughter and know several people who lost twins to very early preterm labor (like 22 wks), that had had no problems with singleton pregnancies.

Atsaukina1
September 18th, 2015, 07:26 PM
How far along are you? Like someone else said I wouldn't go anywhere if you didn't want to birth there.

HopeNfaith
September 19th, 2015, 05:31 PM
How far along are you? Like someone else said I wouldn't go anywhere if you didn't want to birth there.

im 20 weeks

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2015, 04:32 PM
If it was me I wouldn't take any chances but I think ya gotta do what ya gotta do.