PDA

View Full Version : So hard to name our first girl!

Hopefor4
September 21st, 2015, 09:32 PM
Hubby likes Madilyn and while I like it too I'm not sure if I could handle people calling her Maddie. I really cringe at the thought of people using that as a nickname. But it's practically impossible to think of a girl name I like with my crazy name 'rules'. I can't stand reusing the first letters and want it to end in a 'n' like my boys names. So no C, J or A names. I'm rediculous right.

ImmiNAddi
September 21st, 2015, 09:46 PM
Haha... no not all. I am picky with names and endings and possible nick names too.
What about Imogen or Addison? She will get Immi or Addi though - not sure if you are not wanting a nick name ending in 'i'... I have found that all my boys get called their name plus an 'i' at the end, especially when they are/were little and cute, I think people stop calling them 'i' nicknames as they get older though.

Hopefor4
September 21st, 2015, 09:51 PM
Glad I'm not alone with my rules lol. Yea not a fan of Immogen and can't use Addison since it starts with an A. Although if we do go with Madilyn id use the nickname Adi cause I love that! ��

Boysboys
September 21st, 2015, 10:02 PM
What are your boys names?

Ashforblue
September 21st, 2015, 10:08 PM
My dd2's name is Brooklynn.... Ends with a N.... Also reeeeaaalllyyy love the names Piper, Harper, & Hlary.... Kinda bummed we won't be using them ever.... Also love Kennedy, & Reagan :)

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2015, 01:46 PM
Everyone will call her Maddie, no doubt about it.

What about Evelyn?

XXforhubby
September 22nd, 2015, 02:21 PM
I LOVE the name Evelyn!! This is the name that is on my short list....that is IF I can manage to be lucky enough to get pregnant with a baby girl for my DH!

I also like Eleanor, Lillian, and Jasmine

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Blue-Blue-Pink?
September 22nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
What about Lauren? Or susan? Though I like Madilyn and Maddie better.
The n rule does make it a bit harder :-)
Have fun picking the right name!

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
An unusual name that I really liked but my husband was not a fan of, is Tamsin or Tamsyn. It's an old classic name and used to be more popular back in the 1800's.

bunnywabbit
September 22nd, 2015, 03:33 PM
How about Megan, Morgan, Caitlin/Kaitlyn, Allison, Kristen?

hopper
September 22nd, 2015, 03:36 PM
An old, very unusual Irish name I heard recently - Caoilainn (pronounced Kay-lyn) so you could spell it with a K.
My niece is called Ashlynn, but no good for you beginning with A.
Helen.
Ellen.
Marian.
Peyton.
Rhiannon.
Sharon.
Taryn.
Vivian.

My favourite girls names are Freya, Lily, Mia, Ella, Sadhbh - actually could stay listing girls names all day. We took FOREVER naming our two boys lol. If we have a DS3 I don't see us ever finding one we could agree on lol. Best of luck picking a name hun and congrats on your daughter :) xx

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2015, 03:42 PM
How about Megan, Morgan, Caitlin/Kaitlyn, Allison, Kristen?

Haha I forgot my own name. I'm like, "wow there are hardly any woman's names that end in N". :suprise:

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2015, 03:43 PM
altho I believe it's actually spelled KristIN. ;)

True Blue
September 22nd, 2015, 03:46 PM
What about Robin/Robyn?

True Blue
September 22nd, 2015, 03:48 PM
We are struggling with names as I have a list of "rules" too :D trying to tick too many boxes.

Hopefor4
September 22nd, 2015, 05:23 PM
All these are awesome suggestions! I do like Evelyn that will go on the list. My mom wants 'lyn' in it for her side. I was trying to find something that ended with lyn but honestly that really narrows things and I have no issue saying no to it. I do like Kristin or even Kirsten but hubby does not. So far he's just agreed to Madilyn. I like Kailynn and Brooklyn but they have already been taken by other little girls in my family. I may just have to ignore all the silly rules? But even when I ponder names without the rules nothing seems to scream at me like 'that's it!' I had no issues naming my boys knew all of their names in advance and they just felt so right. Am I maybe not going to get that feeling at all with a girl name? ��

Pink Pony
September 23rd, 2015, 03:25 AM
How about: Sage, Dakota, Savannah, Indigo, Taliah, Holly, Chante' Teagan

I know you don't like "A's" but: Aspen, Alaska, Arizonna

Hopefor4
September 23rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
My boys names are common ones so I want to stick with that �� Names I like but dont fit are Bridgett, Charlotte, Josephine, Alice, Kirstin, Madeline and Maybel. None of them sound right to me although I like the names.

bunnywabbit
September 23rd, 2015, 04:01 PM
I knew there was another one I couldn't think of last night. My friend had a little one called Tarynne. Also Karyn or Erin (I know you said you're not too worried about your rule anymore, but just a couple more!)

Hopefor4
September 23rd, 2015, 04:05 PM
Is Maelynn to obscure and unique?

My boys names are Jayden, Calvyn and Austin.

bunnywabbit
September 23rd, 2015, 04:12 PM
It is pretty unique - not one I've heard of before.

Loving your boy's names, I liked Austin but DH hated it!

has2gentlemen
September 23rd, 2015, 04:29 PM
I like Maelynn, would you pronounce it may-lyn or my-lyn? I second Taryn as a suggestion though. I always loved that name but my hubby said no before we even had kids.

What about Gwendolyn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefor4
September 23rd, 2015, 04:36 PM
May-Lyn. Taryn is pretty but really doesn't sound right :) Gwendolyn is nice but pretty long and I was trying to stay short.

Hopefor4
September 23rd, 2015, 04:38 PM
My only issues with Maelynn is it may be too unique and it's really close to Kailynn which is my cousins daughters name. Otherwise I like it more than Evelyn and I think even Madilyn.

The Anchor
September 25th, 2015, 01:57 PM
A friend just named her new little girl Quinn. I thought it was odd at first but I love it now.

I love "n" ending names for boys. I am willing to bet I have way more name rules than you! :wink:

My DS's name is Harrison. And nobody ever calls him Harry! TBH I don't even mind the name Harry, it just doesn't suit him at all!

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2015, 01:46 PM
^^ my cousin's baby is Harrison and we all just say Harrison. :agree: (though that wouldn't work for a girl, though.)

Maelynn is cute. :)

TiffSal
October 25th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I like maelyn hope. Dh and i love unsual unique names.

Im looking for a name that has ay for my little girl. my boys also have ay in their names....

covered in blue
October 26th, 2015, 12:16 AM
What about Anaya Tiffsal.

TiffSal
October 26th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Its beautiful covered! Ill see my hubbys reaction. He is not giving much at the moment lol.
My boys are A and T I have been stuck with nayla and hubby with layna.. have ypu picked your little girls name?

Butterflies buttercups
October 26th, 2015, 01:50 AM
I love Anaya ! There's a girl in my sons class called that I also Love Amara xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covered in blue
October 26th, 2015, 03:43 AM
Its beautiful covered! Ill see my hubbys reaction. He is not giving much at the moment lol.
My boys are Aymerik and Taylan. I have been stuck with nayla and hubby with layna.. have ypu picked your little girls name?
We've had 2 names picked out since B4 I was pregnant with DS1 lol. Ciara and Lian. I want the first still but DH doesn't love it. He wants Lian - I like it with an "a" on the end better so Liana..... So yeah I don't know lol. We have plenty of time :)

TiffSal
October 26th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Its great you kept your fav girls names. Mine kept changing after each boys 😅
Liana was on my list. It is a beautiful name! If you tell hubby her name once everyday he may get used to it. Thats what i did with mine and he gave up hahaha

Atsaukina1
April 3rd, 2016, 10:32 AM
My first two were super easy, now my last 3 have not had a name for a week+ after birth lol. Now I am finally having another girl and don't like any names except one and of course dh doesn't like it.

Blueplease
April 4th, 2016, 09:43 AM
An old, very unusual Irish name I heard recently - Caoilainn (pronounced Kay-lyn) so you could spell it with a K.
My niece is called Ashlynn, but no good for you beginning with A.
Helen.
Ellen.
Marian.
Peyton.
Rhiannon.
Sharon.
Taryn.
Vivian.

My favourite girls names are Freya, Lily, Mia, Ella, Sadhbh - actually could stay listing girls names all day. We took FOREVER naming our two boys lol. If we have a DS3 I don't see us ever finding one we could agree on lol. Best of luck picking a name hun and congrats on your daughter :) xx

I have Ella, Mia and Freya [emoji2]

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2016, 02:54 PM
My first two were super easy, now my last 3 have not had a name for a week+ after birth lol. Now I am finally having another girl and don't like any names except one and of course dh doesn't like it.

We need to hear this name Ats.