PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE!! Suggestions welcomed!

sgriswold88
September 23rd, 2015, 10:01 AM
Hello, I am new to the site. although i've been watching your threads/reading them for about a year with gender dreaming:babyf:. i'm not too familiar with all the abbreviations yet but i know some. I am TTC TEAM PINK!:ballerina:

Heres some background on me- I am 27 years old, DH has 3 other children, 2 boys and 1 girl, and we have 1 boy together. So I am just trying to balance and complete our family. Ive been dreaming of having a baby girl for about 2 years.

So I haven't been following a very strict diet as far as the LE, or IG, but I've picked up a few things from each along the way here's what I am doing for months--
-Crystal light or diet coke every day
-skip breakfast, everyday, eat lunch between 11am-12:30pm, and I wake up at 8am. and fasting as much as possible
-J&D every time we BD
-recently lost a few pounds but not much
-measuring my vag PH which is normally about 4.5, if it goes higher i sometimes use a vinegar store-bought douche, maybe 1/4 of the bottle at a time. (i find using more than that will give me yeast infection)
-trying to keep track of my cycle with the MYDAYS app, tracking cervix changes etc, which is very irregular so its hard, but i use the opk predictor strips
-having alcohol 2-3 times a week
-drinking milk at least 4 days a week
-i have another app myfitnesspal, which i have set calorie goals to 1200, sodium to 700mg, which i sometimes go over but its not by much, maybe a couple hundred calories or cpl hundred mg sodium... only been tracking these for a week or so...
-i have purchased some newborn baby clothes for a baby girl, maybe 2 outfits and some beautiful headbands. one is under the bed:HH: (i feel delusional sometimes :( but i cant stop thinking about it. does anyone else feel this way?)

so far this week i have ate white rice and chicken (mostly baked), salads with onions cucumbers, dried cranberry, sometimes chicken, yogurt with aspartame added.. (How important is the salad dressing i choose? what dressing is ok to use?), broccoli omelet with no salt, light cheese on top, cereal with milk, strawberry cheesecake

what seems to be a struggle for me/makes me nervous is that DH family is spanish and we/they often eat salty foods, ie, pernil, arroz y gandules, and cook all their meat with adobo/sazon, etc... what can i do to "fix" a diet fail?

but what makes me feel good is that I've almost completely cut out red meat/processed meat for a couple months now with the exception of a cheat day every now and then, and sunday i ate pernil (roasted pork, a small serving), rice y gandules, and shrimp mac salad, other than that if i eat processed meat i only take a nibble of my sons and give it back.

sorry a lot of information, but i'm a nervous wreck

any suggestions commments please!?!?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
September 26th, 2015, 08:31 AM
I think you're on the right track. There is a great thread on here for diet. I'll try and link it up.
Many of us opted for no meat - even chicken as it packs a lot of punch with the protein. That being said there is nothing that's not allowed in the LE.
I always forget the exact #s but unless you have a lot of weight to loose 1200 isn't enough.
1500-1800
40-50 G protein
And it think it's 20-30% of your Cals from fat (30-60 gr approx)
I never watched sodium.

Not many of us track ph - atomic has some essays on that as well. Might just be something extra to stress over.

Watch your attempts. J&d is fine, but it's believed that multiple attempts in your fertile window is a boy recipe whereas one attempt (other the every 4 day all cycle long) method is for ttc pink.

GL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Hi and welcome, please bump this for me as I"m out of time today and would like to go over in detail.

One thing that jumps out at me real quick, right away is sodium - we have all but given up on that and our success rates have only gone up since we did. I got my girl with DH and I eating tons of sodium after getting our 4th boy limiting it