PDA

View Full Version : Early signs of twins?

twointow83
September 27th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Did any of you multiple moms have early signs of such? I had 2 mature follicles on CD 13, O'd on CD 15 and got my first faint BFP the evening of 8DPO with no hold or restriction on liquids. Normally the only preg symptoms I have before 7-8 weeks are headaches, fatique and bloating. This time however I am 4 weeks 3 days(I think... ticker will say for sure lol) and I am also dealing with nausea, dizziness, and some pretty strong cramps to name a few. My HCG last night tested at 1, 106 I think it was. I never feel this preg this early so it's making me wonder if it's a sign that I am having twins. I'll likely get an u/s in the next 2-3 weeks, so I may know then but the curiosity is killing me now lol. Does any of this sound familiar to any of you multiple moms??

XXforhubby
September 27th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I don't have twins but my first beta at 4 weeks 1 day was 20,000 something and two days later it was 23,000 something. I'm only having one baby!

I was told that the severity of pregnancy symptoms is related to the amount of HCG that you produce- more = more symptoms. Also my progesterone was sky high too! I'm sure that hormone levels is somewhat related to having twins but a scan tells you for sure!

At least you know you have a super sticky bean growing in there!!!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

twointow83
September 27th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I don't have twins but my first beta at 4 weeks 1 day was 20,000 something and two days later it was 23,000 something. I'm only having one baby!

I was told that the severity of pregnancy symptoms is related to the amount of HCG that you produce- more = more symptoms. Also my progesterone was sky high too! I'm sure that hormone levels is somewhat related to having twins but a scan tells you for sure!

At least you know you have a super sticky bean growing in there!!!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!
Thanks. I hope so. My levels were going up great with DD too... I am trying to "speak life" into this pregnancy but I worry a lot mor than I wish I did.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼
🏃I'm mobile! 🚗 TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/TwoInTow83)

XXforhubby
September 27th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Understandably so after all you've been through! Try and hang in there! FWIW, I'm rooting for twins for you! I think it would be awesome too, but I can't imagine having 5 kids [emoji16][emoji4]!

twointow83
September 27th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Understandably so after all you've been through! Try and hang in there! FWIW, I'm rooting for twins for you! I think it would be awesome too, but I can't imagine having 5 kids [emoji16][emoji4]!

Lol. DH and I always wanted 5. With my history though this will be our last preg (if baby(s) make it, no matter how many are in there.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼
🏃I'm mobile! 🚗 TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/TwoInTow83)

atomic sagebrush
September 27th, 2015, 12:01 PM
In my twin pg that didn't work out (but I had two placentas so still making extra hormones) I did not have symptoms particularly early and didn't even know I was pg until a month later.

I was pretty sick with that pregnancy but overall it wasn't that much different than a standard pg (except for lots of spotting)

twointow83
September 27th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Thanks atomic!

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼

Bee
September 27th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Following ;) I'm 4w5d and soooo exhausted and having a bit of nausea. I don't usually get very sick, but this is still early for me.

That's a good number, two! I'm regretting not getting betas drawn this pregnancy. What was your progesterone? I think progesterone levels are more telling than hcg. I had levels well into twin territory with DS2 and my OB had me come in for an u/s to check, but it was just one.

twointow83
September 27th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Following ;) I'm 4w5d and soooo exhausted and having a bit of nausea. I don't usually get very sick, but this is still early for me.

That's a good number, two! I'm regretting not getting betas drawn this pregnancy. What was your progesterone? I think progesterone levels are more telling than hcg. I had levels well into twin territory with DS2 and my OB had me come in for an u/s to check, but it was just one.
I don't know. I ended up in ER with extreme dizzy spells yesterday and some cramping. They we're the worst ER I've ever been to. 7 hours, 8 tubes of blood and 2 urine samples later (and God only knows how much money) and I was told what a 88 cent test told me in less than a minute. They wouldn't give me my prog level and just kept saying "it's normal" and at 2 AM I was too tired to argue. The only reason I know my beta is that they used the beta as their "diagnosis". I am taking prog pills though anyway.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼

Bee
September 27th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Oh two, that sucks. Sadly, pregnant women aren't a high priority in the ER, but that's just rude. Maybe you can call tomorrow and get a copy of your records, though. Just to have.

twointow83
September 27th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Already ahead of you :D would have been nice to have gotten an u/s out of the ordeal but by 2 am I was just like "let me the ____ outta here!" Otherwise I would have thrown a fit for being ignored and leaving knowing no more than when I got there.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼

sushikitty
September 27th, 2015, 06:26 PM
5 week ultrasound (one sac, no fetus, no fetus pole, no heart beat) HCG was 21,000. 7 week ultrasound (one sac, 2 fetuses, 2 heart beats) HCG was 70,000-ish. I am not 11 weeks with healthy identical twins. I hope this helps!

twointow83
September 27th, 2015, 06:30 PM
5 week ultrasound (one sac, no fetus, no fetus pole, no heart beat) HCG was 21,000. 7 week ultrasound (one sac, 2 fetuses, 2 heart beats) HCG was 70,000-ish. I am not 11 weeks with healthy identical twins. I hope this helps!
Wow! Not so optimistic about my numbers being ANY clue to twins anymore lol. Guess I'll just have to wait and see :/

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I don't know. I ended up in ER with extreme dizzy spells yesterday and some cramping. They we're the worst ER I've ever been to. 7 hours, 8 tubes of blood and 2 urine samples later (and God only knows how much money) and I was told what a 88 cent test told me in less than a minute. They wouldn't give me my prog level and just kept saying "it's normal" and at 2 AM I was too tired to argue. The only reason I know my beta is that they used the beta as their "diagnosis". I am taking prog pills though anyway.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼

Augh, I"m sorry.

Here's what I don't get. If they don't want to see you for standard pregnancy/threatened miscarriage type things (which everyone gets treated so darn badly that I have to assume that is their mentality) then why do they admit people?? Why don't they have you go to triage and then just TELL YOU THAT instead of having you sit there forever and spend tons of money only to be treated like shinola the whole time? I know they can do this because I went to the ER with one of my kids for a cut on his gum and they told me they couldn't fix it and to go home and keep it clean. It makes no sense to me. :/

twointow83
September 28th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Augh, I"m sorry.

Here's what I don't get. If they don't want to see you for standard pregnancy/threatened miscarriage type things (which everyone gets treated so darn badly that I have to assume that is their mentality) then why do they admit people?? Why don't they have you go to triage and then just TELL YOU THAT instead of having you sit there forever and spend tons of money only to be treated like shinola the whole time? I know they can do this because I went to the ER with one of my kids for a cut on his gum and they told me they couldn't fix it and to go home and keep it clean. It makes no sense to me. :/
Very good questions. Couldn't even get my records either because I was never able to get ahold of anyone and they didn't return my calls.

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼