PDA

View Full Version : what is the BEST way to lower testosterone?

Jojogirl
January 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I am really curious about this. I know there are teas and such but is there any info out there about really lowering it dramatically? I have PCOS and KNOW I'm on the high side when it comes to this particular hormone. I know getting it down is key to my sway at this point. I want to try really hard to lower it.

Jojogirl
January 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Oh...and I'm already on high soy diet because of Medifast. I will be taking antihistimines when on this diet. I don't want to take soy supplements on top of the high soy diet. Maybe too much soy? Plus I took soy and had a boy. It's a hard call!

atomic sagebrush
January 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Spironolactone is a drug given to people with PCOS that WILL lower your t levels, but unless your doctor thinks you need it, you probably can't get a prescription for it.

Black cohosh, vitex, and saw palmetto will lower testosterone. I don't know if I would mess with the black cohosh. Peppermint tea MAY have some beneficial effect.

Diets high in soy are believed to lower testosterone.

There is a supplement called Diindolylmethane (DIM) that is supposed to lower testosterone. It's made out of cauliflower and broccoli. I don't know much about it, but I'm planning on researching it more. My concern is that it's adding additional nutrition, which may be the opposite direction of where we want to go. I've also read that it raises FREE testosterone which may be worse than doing nothing at all.

http://www.thehormoneshop.com/D/dim.htm

Acupuncture may help, although I'm kind of skeptical of that.

The BEST way to lower your testosterone (by best I mean, it works and is for sure safe, even though it takes longer than medication) is by losing weight, reducing your muscle mass, and this will help balance the estrogen/progesterone issues too.

CocoChanel
January 8th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Why can't women take licorice root to lower testosterone? Also, why cannot Saw Palmetto be taken while nursing? Is it dangerous, or one of those things that is unknown?

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Licorice root raises estrogen. Higher estrogen seems to sway pink in men, but blue in women. It also increases CM.

Saw palmetto has actually been recommended as a method of increasing milk production. The problem is, we know that it affects testosterone and since we don't know how much is excreted in milk, it just seems smarter to stay away from it while breastfeeding.

chachamama
January 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I've been taking Saw Palmetto and have noticed some major changes.. I have had about 90% less EWCM the 2 cycles since I've been on SP. So it's definitely doing something! Give that a try..

CocoChanel
January 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I would take the saw palmetto but don't want my little one to be gay or something because I did. Not that gay is a problem, but ykwim, I don't want to mess with his little hormonal system :cool:

lindi
January 10th, 2011, 10:16 PM
does licorice root sway blue in women SOLELY because of the higher CM? What is the mechanism behind it swaying blue? Licorice and Peony have been used as a fertility treatment, AND it lowers testosterone and raises progesterone. If CM is the only thing to worry about, maybe sudafed taken with an attempt would be enough to counterbalance it? From everything I am reading, it seems like the hormones have way more impact than CM- esp with the all the stuff I am reading about eggs being "primed" with testosterone for Y sperm. In that case, I'd LOVE to have eggs primed for X sperm and tons of CM.

Jojogirl
January 11th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I would be really interested in the accupuncture, actually. My family doctor is a medical accupuncturist too and I have been wanting him to stick me with those needles to help with weight loss...LOL! I am going to ask him very soon. My doctors do not believe I need anything for my PCOS because I have it under control. I couldn't get a drug if I begged. Not even clomid. Boo!

xnicolax
January 11th, 2011, 10:22 AM
If losing weight is the best thing to lower testosterone, what if you have already lost weight and dont want to lose anymore? I was overweight after DS3 and lost it all before DS4. I had actually lost too much before I got PG with him and had relaxed a little. Now after xmas I could maybe do with losing a few pounds but I really dont have much to lose? Would saw palmetto be enough?

Im not going to be trying until summer.

atomic sagebrush
January 11th, 2011, 11:08 AM
does licorice root sway blue in women SOLELY because of the higher CM? What is the mechanism behind it swaying blue? Licorice and Peony have been used as a fertility treatment, AND it lowers testosterone and raises progesterone. If CM is the only thing to worry about, maybe sudafed taken with an attempt would be enough to counterbalance it? From everything I am reading, it seems like the hormones have way more impact than CM- esp with the all the stuff I am reading about eggs being "primed" with testosterone for Y sperm. In that case, I'd LOVE to have eggs primed for X sperm and tons of CM.

Some evidence indicates that higher estrogen in women = more boys. I feel that the evidence in favor of testosterone = more boys is a LOT more compelling, but without more information, I don't think I can recommend licorice root for DW because of that. I would certainly be willing to play around with it and see what happened though, esp. if you were to take an antihistamine (or Sudafed, but I think Sudafed causes too many side effects). Also, and this is by no means scientific obviously, but everything that seems to make you more fertile, seems to sway blue. So if licorice is being included in a fertility treatment, I would be wary of it for that reason alone.

The evidence suggests that CM sways pink REGARDLESS of hormones. Believe it or not, Clomid actually RAISES testosterone (bodybuilders take it) but it creates hostile CM and has been proven to sway pink. To me this indicates that hostile mucus ALONE has the potential to sway pink regardless of what your hormones are doing.

I can't hang my hat on the idea that eggs are primed to receive X or Y just yet. I haven't seen enough evidence that this is true and I HAVE seen some evidence to the contrary (eggs fertilized via IVF yield roughly equal numbers boys and girls in most instances). For now, I have to stick with the idea that something in the environment is weeding out or creating a climate in which X or Y sperm have a greater chance of success.

atomic sagebrush
January 11th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I would be really interested in the accupuncture, actually. My family doctor is a medical accupuncturist too and I have been wanting him to stick me with those needles to help with weight loss...LOL! I am going to ask him very soon. My doctors do not believe I need anything for my PCOS because I have it under control. I couldn't get a drug if I begged. Not even clomid. Boo!

Hmmm...that's interesting!! Have you ever asked him about lowering your testosterone through acupuncture?? I'd be interested to know what he says.

atomic sagebrush
January 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
If losing weight is the best thing to lower testosterone, what if you have already lost weight and dont want to lose anymore? I was overweight after DS3 and lost it all before DS4. I had actually lost too much before I got PG with him and had relaxed a little. Now after xmas I could maybe do with losing a few pounds but I really dont have much to lose? Would saw palmetto be enough?

Im not going to be trying until summer.BEST in the sense that we KNOW it works and it is safe.

I would def. try to be at my thinnest when conceiving if I could, but if you can't, it's not a make or break thing. Try the saw palmetto and see how it works for you. It may very well be the case that the reason why lower testosterone sways pink to begin with, is because it dries up your CM, reduces your sex drive (less CM as well). So if you focus on reducing that CM through antihistamines and wash any excess away with douching, even if you're not able to lose any more weight, you're still accomplishing the same goal.

crystal-light
January 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Does the 60 min. of exercise need to be done all at once during the day or could it be broken down into 2-30 min. intervals?

lindi
January 11th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I'm a little depressed about this too since I am already on the low end of healthy weight, but was told a few years ago I had high testosterone. It's really making me think trying to sway pink is hopeless after the reading I've done. I don't think my doctor would test my testosterone under the premises of trying to conceive a girl since i get pregnant very easily, and therefor I am not a fertility patient. But I want the have even lower than normal testosterone- is this even possible? I'm convinced super low testosterone and glucose is the best scientific way to sway pink.

lindi
January 11th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I can't hang my hat on the idea that eggs are primed to receive X or Y just yet. I haven't seen enough evidence that this is true and I HAVE seen some evidence to the contrary (eggs fertilized via IVF yield roughly equal numbers boys and girls in most instances). For now, I have to stick with the idea that something in the environment is weeding out or creating a climate in which X or Y sperm have a greater chance of success.

Sorry just saw this! - Maybe the IVF is equal because the eggs have been removed from the environment? Maybe within the fallopian tube, testosterone has some impact on the egg once it's released? But that evidence makes me feel a LOT better. Then why all the statistics about dominant women having more boys? I was thinking if there is a correspondence between high testosterone=apple shaped body, then eventually women with apple shaped bodies would cease to exist because they would just produce boys? You could then say, no it would be the boys whose mothers had apple shapes choosing pear shaped women who had girls who were apple shaped because of their fathers, but in my case, my Dad's mother was very pear, and my mom is pretty apple. I only know I'm more apple shaped even though I'm very thin because the ONLY places I collect any fat are the backs of my arms and my abdomen. There is some mechanism going on with testosterone and I want to overcome it...

Jojogirl
January 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hmmm...that's interesting!! Have you ever asked him about lowering your testosterone through acupuncture?? I'd be interested to know what he says.

I have not...but I will! I'm curious what he has to say! I'll let you know!

michaela
January 12th, 2011, 10:16 PM
If you can get your levels tested and if they show that they are elevated you can actually go on Spironolactone which is a light diuretic. I am on it now and it is used to lower my testosterone levels. The only problem...you can't take it when trying to get pregnant so it is a moot point anyway. LOL! Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone who is not TTC on a TTC forum. :D:D:D:D:D :P

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
If you can get your levels tested and if they show that they are elevated you can actually go on Spironolactone which is a light diuretic. I am on it now and it is used to lower my testosterone levels. The only problem...you can't take it when trying to get pregnant so it is a moot point anyway. LOL! Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone who is not TTC on a TTC forum. :D:D:D:D:D :P

Thank you Michaela, that might actually be very helpful for people because testosterone can take awhile to go down OR back up. So if you were on Spironolactone for awhile and then went off of it, your levels would stay lower for awhile before your body readjusted.

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry just saw this! - Maybe the IVF is equal because the eggs have been removed from the environment? Maybe within the fallopian tube, testosterone has some impact on the egg once it's released? But that evidence makes me feel a LOT better. Then why all the statistics about dominant women having more boys? I was thinking if there is a correspondence between high testosterone=apple shaped body, then eventually women with apple shaped bodies would cease to exist because they would just produce boys? You could then say, no it would be the boys whose mothers had apple shapes choosing pear shaped women who had girls who were apple shaped because of their fathers, but in my case, my Dad's mother was very pear, and my mom is pretty apple. I only know I'm more apple shaped even though I'm very thin because the ONLY places I collect any fat are the backs of my arms and my abdomen. There is some mechanism going on with testosterone and I want to overcome it...

Yes, some of us have gone over the whole apple/pear thing and there is just so much of a genetic component involved, that you cannot use that as any kind of yardstick to measure testosterone, really. I"m a pear and have 4 boys and DEF. high testosterone by personality.

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Does the 60 min. of exercise need to be done all at once during the day or could it be broken down into 2-30 min. intervals?

Sorry Crystal, this one sneaked past me!!! Unfortunately, it's best do it all at once. Studies have found that first your body breaks down all the carbs in your system, then fat, and then only at around an hour, does it begin to break down muscle for energy.

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm a little depressed about this too since I am already on the low end of healthy weight, but was told a few years ago I had high testosterone. It's really making me think trying to sway pink is hopeless after the reading I've done. I don't think my doctor would test my testosterone under the premises of trying to conceive a girl since i get pregnant very easily, and therefor I am not a fertility patient. But I want the have even lower than normal testosterone- is this even possible? I'm convinced super low testosterone and glucose is the best scientific way to sway pink.

It's not hopeless. It can make it more challenging to be sure. I would def. try diet and supplements and just see what happens, if you can't lose any weight, don't lose any weight. If you don't feel like you're seeing changes, then you don't have to TTC. Don't forget, you'll also be lowering sperm count and drying up your CM at the same time (if you're using those things to help you sway).

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2011, 04:41 PM
It's not hopeless. It can make it more challenging to be sure. I would def. try diet and supplements and just see what happens, if you can't lose any weight, don't lose any weight. If you don't feel like you're seeing changes, then you don't have to TTC. Don't forget, you'll also be lowering sperm count and drying up your CM at the same time (if you're using those things to help you sway).

I think too is anything that you are doing NOW or reading now any different than when you conceived before? How about your DH? I think back to when I conceived my DD's and my diet and my DH's diet and lifestyle match up pretty well with the girl factors....not exactly but they do line up.

I don't think I could keep doing the same thing, just have sex one night and expect to have a different outcome. I would look at all the different areas and try my best to change it up. Don't get down. All you can do is what you are already doing, educate yourself, see what fits for you and give it a shot.

This is not exact science though, we all know that, but you do go into it with a 50/50 shot so anything you do will help sway those odds in your favor. If you did nothing before, you are already ahead of the game.

suregena
April 6th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Ah! This thought entered my mind today! I work in a hospital, so I went back and read through my ultrasound scans (from my two previous miscarriages and then my healthy pregnancy) to refresh my memory of what they said. I think most of them mentioned one ovary having multiple follicles and it being consistent with polycystic ovarian disease but that if patient (me) had no symptoms then it was simply an incidental finding.

I think there were 6 ultrasounds on there and 3 or 4 mention this or some form of this. I never asked about it or took it further for more information, so I do not have a diagnosis. From my two miscarriages and my one healthy pregnancy, I can get pregnant one month trying. I'm a petite and healthy weight and have never been anything but a healthy weight. I do have minimal extra hair ("sideburns" sort of and toes, lower tummy) which I read as one of the symptoms. Beyond that, though, I am mainly asymptomatic. I think I've had one episode of not having a period for over 4 months but that was when I first moved to the UK--my life was forever changed and it was very overwhelming. When my mother came to visit me here, my period returned not too long after she left... so perhaps that episode was just stress-related.

So, anyway... I do not have a definitive 'diagnosis' for PCOS. Just "incidental findings" on several previous ultrasounds from my pregnancies. Some of the ultrasounds would say, however, that both of my ovaries looked normal. So, I don't know.

I'm wondering if I should approach my swaying for a girl with the mind that there is potential for extra testosterone in my system.

Are there any cases, perhaps from Ingender or from recollection from those that have been around far longer than me, that show PCOS women with success with the same odds as others? How much more difficult would PCOS make it? And what could I add or do to help lower the testosterone levels that much more, on the chance I could possibly have it?

I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one if the topic had been brought up before.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 07:56 AM
No, that's fine and will help keep the threads more informative for everyone!!

I know of many women with PCOS who have daughters. It ~can~ make it a bit more tough because your testosterone is prob. higher.

I am not a doctor BUT I know for a fact that many follicles develop in your ovaries every month - between 15-20 follicles develop in each ovary but only one or two go on to become eggs. I don't know what they saw that seemed indicative of PCOS but most women with PCOS have trouble ovulating - they go for many months without ovulating. So I would suspect that many follicles can be present in the ovary but that doesn't mean you have PCOS unless you have the symptoms to go with it - kinda like you can have a cough without having pneumonia, if that makes any sense. They may see those follicles all the time and make a note for the doctor to look into it further, but without the symptoms it is ruled out.

Saw palmetto will lower your testosterone levels, as will weight loss. lindi looked into taking licorice and white peony (she believed she had asymptomatic PCOS) and she was very wary of the TTC pink diet (caveat, licorice may raise estrogen levels which is not good for PCOS or for swaying pink but it may be that the white peony mitigates that somewhat). PCOS can come along with insulin resistance and the pink diet can aggravate that. Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1865-Swaying-under-special-circumstances-Part-1-Blood-sugar-issues

suregena
April 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Oh, thank you!

I believe they saw many follicles that all measured below a certain amount. But nothing ever happened in regards to it... it was merely mentioned as a side note in ultrasound reports of mine, but not every ultrasound report. I certainly ovulate... er, well, not right now due to breastfeeding... but I did, except for one episode. Saw Palmetto--I have read about this. What is the difference between that and Vitex? I know this has likely been addressed somewhere... I'll just search it out.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Saw palmetto lowers testosterone - proven to work. But, now that I see you are breastfeeding, I would not take SP while breastfeeding.

Vitex affects the levels of estrogen and progesterone (they're not really sure how exactly - some sources say it raises both estrogen and prog. and others say it lowers estrogen while raising prog.) but we do know that vitex has had a pretty good track record swaying for pink. Vitex is safe to take while breastfeeding.

suregena
April 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Good to know. I might add Vitex to my "to look into/consider" list. :D

Jojogirl
April 13th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I have PCOS and have 1 dd. I do have 3 ds's. I believe my testosterone is probably off the charts. I'm swaying for a girl now and I have been able to get my EWCM production down with taking zyrtec. I hope it's enough to help!

1adorablebabyboymom
February 14th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Would it be smart, or not so smart, to take saw palmetto, vitex, and peppermint tea all as part of my sway? I have very regular 28 day cycles, and I don't want to mess myself up, or would that probably be just fine? thanks! or , maybe there are certain times to take certain ones?

Saw palmetto lowers testosterone - proven to work. But, now that I see you are breastfeeding, I would not take SP while breastfeeding.

Vitex affects the levels of estrogen and progesterone (they're not really sure how exactly - some sources say it raises both estrogen and prog. and others say it lowers estrogen while raising prog.) but we do know that vitex has had a pretty good track record swaying for pink. Vitex is safe to take while breastfeeding.

harleyquinn
February 15th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Hi there~

You cannot do the tea and the pills together~I have no idea why but thats the advice handed out here. All in all, it is a smart move to take Vitex and SP OR Vitex and the tea.

What do you mean by "certain times"?

Cauliflower
February 15th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Peppermint tea only 2 cups a day, really messed up my cycle, AF dealyed by 18 days!!!!
I am going to use BCP anti androgenic type and was thiking abt using pep tea in that period and not after going off BCP. That way it wont affect AF? or would it? That should lower testosterone.
And I also read somwhere that SP will not give higher estrogen but PEP tea would? if so, maybe SP is better choice....

1adorablebabyboymom
February 15th, 2013, 09:13 AM
like af to o or o to af--not sure but have heard stuff like that on here....ok! I am soooo glad I asked! So, no tea if doing the pills! What in your opinion is the best combo for someone who does not want to mess up a good thing with regular cycles? Vitex and SP or Vitex and tea? And, should DH not do tea with LR, just LR? Sorry for all the questions! =( Thanks!!

Hi there~

You cannot do the tea and the pills together~I have no idea why but thats the advice handed out here. All in all, it is a smart move to take Vitex and SP OR Vitex and the tea.

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Would it be smart, or not so smart, to take saw palmetto, vitex, and peppermint tea all as part of my sway? I have very regular 28 day cycles, and I don't want to mess myself up, or would that probably be just fine? thanks! or , maybe there are certain times to take certain ones?

No, you can't take pep tea and saw palmetto together.

Unfortunately, Vitex and Saw palmetto (and pep tea as well) are notorious for messing up people's cycles. I do think that they sway pink and that it may be that the messing with cycles is part of how they work or a side effect of how they work. If you don't want to deal with a wacky cycle, then don't take any of the three.

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hi there~

The way that the SP and pep tea affect estrogen and testosterone conflicts so it ends up not working

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Peppermint tea only 2 cups a day, really messed up my cycle, AF dealyed by 18 days!!!!
I am going to use BCP anti androgenic type and was thiking abt using pep tea in that period and not after going off BCP. That way it wont affect AF? or would it? That should lower testosterone.
And I also read somwhere that SP will not give higher estrogen but PEP tea would? if so, maybe SP is better choice....

I would not do the pep tea with your BCP unless you are also using a barrier method of birth control (condom, diaphragm, sponge). Saw palmetto can make BCP not work and so I would assume that pep tea may be able to do the same thing. (BTW, that also makes me suspect that the pep tea may interfere with how the BCP sways or vice versa - my gut instinct says not to do it.)

I agree I think SP is vastly superior to pep tea. I'm not convinced that the pep tea is as safe as the SP, either.

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2013, 09:45 AM
like af to o or o to af--not sure but have heard stuff like that on here....ok! I am soooo glad I asked! So, no tea if doing the pills! What in your opinion is the best combo for someone who does not want to mess up a good thing with regular cycles? Vitex and SP or Vitex and tea? And, should DH not do tea with LR, just LR? Sorry for all the questions! =( Thanks!!

Taking V and SP/Pep tea from AF-a day before O can help, but it is still badly screwing with people's cycles. Again, the prob. is that may be part of how they sway or a side effect thereof, so while I promise we all can get girls without them, they are a good sway tactic and the nutty cycles may be worth it to some. :)

DH should not do both LR and pep tea. One or the other

stephk
October 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I know this is an old thread but I came across it and it's made me a little worried. I've been drinking a 2 teabag cup of pep tea pretty much every day for a few months. Not totally religiously but since I returned to work a month ago, definitely mon-fri and maybe a day at the weekend. I thought this was an easy thing to incorporate that I enjoyed. I was planning to increase this to 3 teabags in another month. What I didn't realise was the potential for messing up cycles and BCP. I have read into all this too, I must have missed something. Anyway I'm on BCP and don't normally bleed unless I'm on the usual 7 day break but I started bleeding a little yesterday. It's not enough to warrant a tampax, just a small pantyliner (sorry TMI) but I did wonder what was going on. Luckily enough I can't remember the last time we BD so no chance of an oops. Should I stop drinking the pep tea?

Atomic - I know this might be covered in my sway plan but thought I would post anyway. If nothing else, the answer might be useful to others. Thank you.

stephk
October 29th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Hmmm seems I'm having full blown AF!! My next 7 day break from BCP is coming up this weekend so it could be 2 joyous weeks of this. Oh well. I went back to the essay in SP, pep tea etc as I knew I had read it before. And I remember thinking which to do, but I think at that time I took away that pep tea did less than SP and as I liked pep tea, it was no problem to drink everyday. Anyway I clearly didn't pay proper attention to what I was reading as I would have probably not done any of it. I can be a muppet at times lol.

Atomic I'll wait for the sway plan for your advice but in the meantime I won't drink pep tea today....

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I think saw palmetto works better than the pep tea, you'll need to come off BCP for TTC anyway so I would use the saw palmetto. That I did include in your sway plan. But if you like the pep tea better, sub that instead of the SP.

Thank you for letting me know about your bleeding, that is useful info to me because lots of people ask me, "well have you actually SEEN this happen" and while I can say I read about it, it is good info for me to have that it does seem to affect BCP in a negative way.

I'm glad it's just AF coming and not a pos pg test!!! o.O

stephk
October 31st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Yep, now you have seen it happen! Its not mega mega but this is not normal for me. If it was a pos test, I really wouldn't mind. As its not a pos test ill hold out until January with last BCP on new years eve. I remember you saying to stay on the pill as there has been some sway success with conceptions straight after the pill (wow i would be so lucky to conceive the first month!) To be honest we so rarely BD anyway if I got PG from that with the daily exercise Im doing and the diet change so far I would probably have a great chance. It is tempting not to continue with the pill once this pack has run out but I really would prefer not to conceive until Jan.

I do love pep tea, although I have only been drinking it every day because of the sway. I need something mid afternoon and I used to have rooibos (with a snack!) but that is so healthy and full of antioxidants I gave it up in favour of the pep tea (sometimes with a lighter snack sometimes not, its so hard not to sometimes). Maybe a camomile and vanilla tea would be better. Camomile is OK I hope.

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2013, 03:26 PM
anything on occasion is fine, chamomile should be ok - while IG tells people never to drink anything, I've never heard or seen any property of chamomile that would affect a sway in particular at the one a day level! :)

stephk
November 25th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Although I have the sway plan I thought I should update on here as it may help others as well as myself. Since my last post to this thread, I continued as normal with BCP and had another period in the 7 day break. I didn't have pep tea for a few days, maybe a week. Then I thought about it and thought, well I actually like pep tea and so what if it makes BCP less effective, what's meant to be and all that. So I've had my 2bag cup most afternoons at work and continued as normal with BCP. Well what do you know, I've just been to the loo and I'm bleeding! I have another week of BCP left so the 7 day break is coming up. I just counted the days on my calendar and if I count the first day of bleeding from last month to yesterday, that's 29 days. When I last came off BCP my cycle settled to 29 days so it would appear that the BCP isn't working. This may sound odd but I think I'm just going to continue as planned with taking BCP to New Year's Eve and drinking the 2bag cup at work. We haven't even BD since I last post. Shameful isn't it. Well now I really don't dare, DS was conceived the week before Xmas and I would prefer not to conceive at the same time. I might start temping tomorrow just to see if there is a rise in a couple of weeks.

If you think I'm totally in the wrong doing things this way please let me know it's just that I may be coming to the wrong conclusion and would rather stick to the plan if possible. Of course if I have an oops then what's meant to be will be.

Hopefully this is interesting and helpful to others anyway :)

stephk
November 25th, 2013, 07:19 AM
By the way I wasn't planning on taking a 7 day break this time, I was just going to keep taking to 31 dec. It's ok to do that on these particular pills.

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2013, 11:56 AM
We honestly don't know what the best way to do the BCP is, and that method makes a good deal of sense to me. I don't want you to actually get pg while taking the BCP OR pep tea, of course, but as sway tactics go, if you're not TTC right then it makes sense to me! Thanks for sharing.