PDA

View Full Version : Devastated! Too low sperm count - doc said ICSI

tigarcc
September 30th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Hi,
I need your support.
I was on TTC girl forum hoping for a girl but only started TTC recently.
I'm 32 and husband 35.
My fertility looks fine after various checks with high egg counts.
I got his sperm results earlier today, and it was devastating.
His total count in a single check was around 600, when normal count is over millions?
Doc said we need ICSI if we are serious.
He also said let's do another test to make sure.
Husband has very high testosterone and very sexually active. Never thought he could be infertile...
Im devastated.
Doc told me NOT to tell my husband that he has low sperm count or pretty much infertile naturally, because it will crush him and nothing good comes out of it.
Doc is a guy.
But, how can we manage this challenge without discussing that he's infertile?

nuthinbutpink
September 30th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Do you have any children? How is his diet and lifestyle? I would get him on Cyvita or a fertility blend for men vitamin. If you do IVF, you can PGD now!

tigarcc
September 30th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Neither of us have any children.
He eats a lot of chicken, some veggies, drinks coffee, exercise regularly, drinks alcohol moderately. Very average lifestyle. He does hair loss treatment though. But it's not hormonal ones that you intake. Just uses cream or sprays on the head.
Would supps make any difference?

fknonl1ne
September 30th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Totally ditto on Cyvita. Yes, it is proven to make a difference.
Dont be discouraged at all. ICSI is a great option anyways.

Boysboys
September 30th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Just want to offer some hope, my sister's husband had 1 sperm per slide about 4 years ago. They thought their was no hope! They have a little girl and a baby boy on the way! He changed his diet, started vitamins, and clomid!

Boysboys
September 30th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I wanted to add the sperm were all dead. They got pregnant naturally.

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2015, 05:03 PM
That is insane advice from a doctor (and highly unethical) to not tell someone that they have a medical condition. It's also basically asking you to lie to your husband from now until literally forever and please do not do that, men put a very high premium on honesty and it could destroy your relationship not to tell him that. I cannot even see how you could proceed getting medical treatment without your husband knowing about this!!!

tigarcc
September 30th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Atomic, I should have clarified, Doc said don't tell him YET, do the test again after a month and go from there.

tigarcc
September 30th, 2015, 08:35 PM
fknonl1ne, I am soo scared of IVF/ICSI treatments! How is it a great option? I'd appreciate it if you could direct me to some resources. I need to read up.

boysboys, Thanks for sharing your sister's story. What kind of diet change did he do? Clomid, was your sister on it?

nuthinbutpink
September 30th, 2015, 09:39 PM
tigarcc- we have a High Tech section on here. You need to become a Dream Member to access it.

Everyone in there uses IVF with ICSI and they add PGD testing to test for health and gender.

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Atomic, I should have clarified, Doc said don't tell him YET, do the test again after a month and go from there.

Even for a month, I find it a very poor idea to fib about something like this.

Krazeebones
October 23rd, 2015, 01:31 PM
My husband has low sperm count. I think it was a million. We started him on supplements (zinc etc) and within 3 months we were pregnant with a boy. We were told we would have to do ivf to get pregnant. We did do a count again after the 3 months and he had 3 million sperm.

Now we are attempting to sway girl since we have 3 boys and I imagine it will be a longer harder process. Good luck to you and your husband. And I agree with atomic, your husband has a right to know. My husband was glad we figured out the issue and we were then able to take steps together to overcome the problem. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk