PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irene

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
August 29th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Hope everyone is okay. Not sure who this affected?

I am in one of the boroughs of NY and our power just went out for a minute and came back on. Winds were strong starting at 1:00 a.m. with the sound of a whistle almost. We are not in a zoned area so we were considered the safest out of all the zones. Poor zone 1. Lots around here had to go in evacuation centers. Some did not leave and cops rescued them from so much water in their homes.

The worse is over with now.

Our last Hurricane was Gloria in 86. This was shocking.

Hope everyone is the surrounding areas is okay and safe. I know there are some here in Long Island, NJ (probably), Brooklyn etc.

My kids are all sick also running fevers etc. But I had spoken to the pediatrician and the baby will be seen tomorrow hopefully.

Wish you all well. Huggggggggggggs.

nuthinbutpink
August 29th, 2011, 08:57 AM
It is crazy. An earthquake and hurricane within weeks! Who could have predicted that! Hope everyone is safe and dry.

AnnaG1
August 29th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hey NY~ It wasnt as bad as we thought for us and Im not far from you at all- Downed trees everywhere though .
Glad youre doing ok!

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
August 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Anna,

We got lucky because we are in a no zone area. Nothing too bad just the electricity going off then it comes back on.

Glad you are doing okay also.

My friend moved to PA and she said if she would still have been living here she was in Zone A. I told her you would have stood with me :)

Lisa

Betty Draper
August 31st, 2011, 09:07 PM
Ugh lots of damage by me - just got power back yesterday. Luckily my house was okay and nobody was hurt. The no power thing was HELL though.