PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait to TTC after surgery, D&C and methotrexate

twointow83
October 4th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I had laproscopic surgery with D&C and methotrexate yesterday due to ectopic pregnancy. I also plan to ask for an HSG to check for blockages asap. Does anyone know how long I am looking at before we can safely TTC considering all these factors? Anyone BTDT??

essnce629
October 5th, 2015, 02:34 AM
Two, there's a member on here that used to be in my TWW group that had an ectopic and lost a tube and actually ended up getting pregnant again about 3 months later. I think her member name is lavienrose or something similar. She already had her baby, so I have great hope for you! I'll see if I can find her.

ETA: Here's the link to her sway. Maybe you can PM her.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/43487-lavieenrose-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html?highlight=ectopic

twointow83
October 5th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Thx :)

Bluebooties
October 5th, 2015, 03:07 PM
U have to be off methotrexate 3 months prior to conception. Its teratogenic. I dont know if the fact that u were only on it for a short while will help shorten this time but generally its 3 months for MTX

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 5th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear two :( I wish you a speedy recovery and best of health xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I'm so sorry two - I know Coralsky was in that boat too so you may want to shoot her a PM and ask. (she's really nice and helpful!)

twointow83
October 8th, 2015, 01:40 PM
I'm so sorry two - I know Coralsky was in that boat too so you may want to shoot her a PM and ask. (she's really nice and helpful!)
Atomic... this has taken on a whole new level of confusion. The questions on this post are not even on the radar right now (when you get a chance to catch up on my TTC thread you'll see what I mean...).

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼
🏃I'm mobile! 🚗 TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/TwoInTow83)

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2015, 01:48 PM
I'll go find it right away.

twointow83
November 2nd, 2015, 08:03 PM
So, quick question... I just happened to be pondering this so I thought I'd throw it out there. When you say 3 months... are we talking 90 days or 3 cycles? My norm UNmedicated cycles avg 33-38 days give or take. Point being, my cycles are long and I generally don't O until CD 20+. Not really in TTC planning mode persay but I know my GYN will ask at my appt next week if I want to be put on BCP or not. I don't know yet, haven't even really given it much thought honestly, as to whether we will sway next time but I know coming off BCPs sway girl... they also seriously jack up my AF (think near-hemorrhage) and my cycles after coming off them, and I also know they deplete some vitamin stores so I am leaning away from going that route but I REALLY don't want to get preg before it's safe to do so. Pregnancy is stressful enough for me as it is... if I were to get preg too soon I would be seriously freaked.

Anyway, I am getting off topic. I got the methotrexate shot on the 3rd of October so 90 days would put us being safe to TTC after Jan 1st. But given the sci-fi story this all turned into, I didn't actually pass the baby until Oct 27th which would mean I am at the very beginning of cycle 1 since loss. My taking charge of your fertility software is predicting END at the end of January BUT the software doesn't account for the potentially longer cycle I'll have due to my very recent loss (but it may not be too much longer than normal since HPTs are negative and my OPKs are stark white already and I'm only on CD 10 and only passed the baby a week ago).

So, long story short, I wondering if we are looking at TTC safely starting in January or in February?

Bluebooties
November 2nd, 2015, 11:19 PM
Its 3 months from the day u got the dose since MTX continues to be stored and gradually released from ur body organ x 3months. Nothing to do with ur cycles. Plus u need 3 month to build up in folic acid deficiency that it causeses b4 u r good to concieve

twointow83
November 2nd, 2015, 11:30 PM
Its 3 months from the day u got the dose since MTX continues to be stored and gradually released from ur body organ x 3months. Nothing to do with ur cycles. Plus u need 3 month to build up in folic acid deficiency that it causeses b4 u r good to concieve
OK. Thanks! Was just wondering if giving it that extra month would make any difference or if it's the same either way. [emoji4] [emoji106]

🙏 for a healthy PINK 🌈 🚼
🏃I'm mobile! 🚗 TwoInTow83 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/TwoInTow83)

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2015, 05:31 PM
thanks blue booties!