PDA

View Full Version : Having babies back to back (close in age)

Mcf11
October 6th, 2015, 02:39 AM
I've read and seen alot of stories where getting pregnant months after first usually ends up being same gender? Again probably just a casualty but am wondering if anyone knows if there is more info backing this info up? Or if there are any personal stories? Would love to hear from you ladies!!! I personally have 2 boys 23 months apart and 1 girl which is 2 years and 8 months apart from my second. :)

Pearl327
October 6th, 2015, 03:45 AM
I know quite a few sets of Irish twins (less than 1year between)
My mum- 2DD 11months apart
My MIL 2sets 2DD and DS DD
Friend in work had DD, DS & DS within 2 1/2 years
Sis friend DS, DD and is expecting a team green very soon. All 3 back to back
Friends sis had 3DD in 2 1/2 years had an older DD and DS also

I don't think there is any real pattern and I believe could be influenced by how the mother is coping during the newborn phase.

XXforhubby
October 6th, 2015, 08:09 AM
^^ I totally agree with you Pearl. I think it has more to do with the mother's diet PP and other habits that may sway blue or pink.

Everyone in my world has had girls close together in age but they unknowingly adopted classic girl habits to lose weight or simply due to being too tired from the nursing demands.

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Mulberry Smurf
October 6th, 2015, 08:27 AM
I have 2 boys born 15m apart and my friend has two boys 12m apart, but think that it was diet and exercise etc that produced our boys :) I was definitely doing an unintentional boy sway with my first (preseed, multiple attempts in fertile window, prenatal vitamins, just walking daily so light exercise). less of a 'sway' second time around (one attempt, not taking any vitamins, didnt use lube) but my diet and exercise patterns were the same and anyway my first needed a brother lol xx

Mcf11
October 6th, 2015, 01:22 PM
I agree I am a firm believer in swaying, diet and lifestyle!!! I was on the pill with both my boys and took antibiotics because of strep throat, was doing exercise and ate rather healthy specifically loved cashews and was my to go snack when I needed something to munch on so that unintentional sway brought my two ds which are very close (and fight that much as well) lol interesting to hear about different perspectives though!!! Hugs to all!!:hug2:

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2015, 04:06 PM
It's all about maternal condition and fertility, (high condition and high fertility tend to sway blue, and vice versa) so as a general rule, close child spacings tend to sway pink because you may not have recovered from previous pregnancy and often your body suppresses fertility as a result. Breastfeeding also has a part to play in this because breastfeeding suppresses fertility too.

BUT, the funny thing about it is that primarily women in good condition are ABLE to get pregnant while breastfeeding and/or with close child spacing. So even though it probably sways pink to have babies close together, women who are ABLE to have close child spacing may be coming in more set for blue to begin with. If you come in to TTC with 80% chance of a boy and end up 60% likely to have a boy (with close spacing, reduced fertility, etc) that is still going to be more boys conceived overall even though it sways hugely pink! (hope this makes sense, difficult concept to explain)

I got DS 1 and 2 3 1/2 years apart, DS 3 and 4 21 months apart, and DS 4 and DD was about the same as your DD, 2 years and 8 months or so

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I agree I am a firm believer in swaying, diet and lifestyle!!! I was on the pill with both my boys and took antibiotics because of strep throat, was doing exercise and ate rather healthy specifically loved cashews and was my to go snack when I needed something to munch on so that unintentional sway brought my two ds which are very close (and fight that much as well) lol interesting to hear about different perspectives though!!! Hugs to all!!:hug2:

I too have eaten a shocking amount of cashews and gotten boys that way. :agree: Cashews are like a food group to me.

Mcf11
October 9th, 2015, 03:53 AM
Yeah cashews were huge thing for me before concieving my boys!! So only question I have is what if the mom never breastfed and has a rather "calm" setting baby sleeps almost full night, would this be maternal condition? Or better yet what is considered high condition? I am really intrigued by this!! @atomicsagebrush thanks for the response!!! Oxox

atomic sagebrush
October 10th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Yes, if you did not nurse and are calm, mellow, eating good, getting a lot of sleep, mod exercise, regular cycles, then it's high maternal condition and may sway blue. (despite quick spacing)

melisha78
October 11th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Oh no my little son is 10 months. 1 want to try when he is 1 year and 5 months. I am currently breastfeeding. Will I have a boy. I really want a girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 12th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Did you read the thread hun?? Close spacing and breastfeeding may sway pink.

No one can tell you if you'll have a boy or a girl, but some things raise your odds. We believe that nursing a baby and having children pretty close together sway pink at least to some extent.

sushikitty
October 12th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I am a pro at this question. My first was my son and daughter. I got pregnant 3rd time with my son 2-3 months after her. Then, got pregnant again couple months later, a boy. Got pregnant again a couple months and another boy. I had 3 boys back to back. However, I struggled breastfeeding and I really wasn't breastfeeding when i got pregnant.

atomic sagebrush
October 14th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Someone who is ABLE to get pregnant that quickly is gonna be in higher condition, though. You have to keep the "condition" factor in mind. It is unusual for people to be able to get pregnant that quickly after having a baby - and doing it three times in a row is extraordinary. Usually the body will decide to "take a break" (even without breastfeeding) and either cycles won't come back, or they will but will have a super short LP that cannot end up in pregnancy even when conception occurs.

sushikitty
October 14th, 2015, 06:19 PM
I think I am a freak of nature. I was on birth control with good reviews then got pregnant with twins. Hmmm.

Boyzmommy
October 14th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I always get preg fast so does that mean i have high fertility n have low chances of girl

Atsaukina1
October 15th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Friend had girl then 3m. Later prego with boy. I'm just jealous because my ppaf doesn't even come until 20+ months later waaaaa. The closet I could get was 2 years when it came back at 15m. And I thought that was perfect spacing. I nurse till 2+ years with all of mine but man it hurts to nurse prego and wouldn't want that and the 1dt trimester sickness w a nb.

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2015, 03:32 PM
I always get preg fast so does that mean i have high fertility n have low chances of girl

There may be an overall tendency that couples who get pregnant easily have more boys, but that doesn't mean you have "low chances of a girl". Anyone can conceive a girl, anyone can conceive a boy. Don't look for reasons to get upset over your chances! :) You have just as much chance at a girl as anyone.

melisha78
October 15th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Thank you atomic sagebrush

melisha78
October 15th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I want to buy a plan. How do I do that.

covered in blue
October 16th, 2015, 02:45 AM
I want to buy a plan. How do I do that.

Up the top is a blue/green bar with membership and plans. Think you have to be on the webpage rather than tapatalk.

melisha78
October 16th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Oh okay do I have to pay the 12 dollar extra

covered in blue
October 16th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Nope. I would just get the Personalised swaying plan with the coaching service :)

melisha78
October 16th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Thank you.

Mummyof2girls
November 4th, 2015, 12:59 PM
My DD's are 11 months apart. I was on a very LE diet. Low calorie no vitamins very tired taking care of DD 1 with basically no help. DD 2 wasnt planned but I think it was because I was very low nutrition. I want to start trying for a DS but Im scared and nervous as this is our last shot. Really happy that I found this place and get some support from people who feel the same way as me.

XXforhubby
November 4th, 2015, 01:06 PM
My DD's are 11 months apart. I was on a very LE diet. Low calorie no vitamins very tired taking care of DD 1 with basically no help. DD 2 wasnt planned but I think it was because I was very low nutrition. I want to start trying for a DS but Im scared and nervous as this is our last shot. Really happy that I found this place and get some support from people who feel the same way as me.

Were you nursing at the time you got pregnant with your DD2? I'll be swaying when my DS3 is about 4mo, and I'll be nursing still.

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Mcf11
November 4th, 2015, 01:16 PM
with my boys I didn't nurse long I probably nursed for 3 months and that was it but carried a healthy diet and If I can recall I did continue to take my prenatal vitamins. I am sooo grateful for this forum and the lovely ladies I found on here (especially atomic sagebrush!!) after my 2 boys I finally got my princess!! I highly recommend the sway plan for anyone that is giving it another shot! very much worth it!

Mummyof2girls
November 4th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Were you nursing at the time you got pregnant with your DD2? I'll be swaying when my DS3 is about 4mo, and I'll be nursing still.

DS1[emoji125]��, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

Hi - I actually didnt nurse because i had a c section and it used to hurt me too much. I pumped here and there for the first 6-8 weeks but that's about it. I also forgot to continue taking my vitamins and stuff so I wasnt very healthy at the time lol I had lost 30 pounds from DD 1 though and then when she was 4 months old I got pregnant again and it was another girl. Want to try for a DS now, any tips from your DS experiences?

XXforhubby
November 4th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks! Well I led a classic boy lifestyle for DS1 and DS2.

I grazed throughout the day never letting my blood sugar get too low. Think small breakfast, small snack, small lunch, small snack, small dinner, and sometimes a very small snack before bed. I ate 1500-1800 calories but ate very nutritious and slow absorbing foods. Fruits if I had a sweet craving. I also loved granola bars (Kashi dark chocolate cherry), protein bars (Luna chocolate chip cookie dough, or a handful of walnuts and raisins for a snack. Sometimes I would do celery, 2Tbsp of a nut butter mixed with 2Tbsp of raisins to dip the celery in. I did eat meat but not huge portions. I drank green tea in the morning and again at midday- sometimes black tea.

I worked out 5 times a week for 40-60 min doing 30min of lifting weights- circuit training followed by 15-30min of cardio. Somedays I would do power yoga or Pilates (I hate doing cardio- I feel like a damn mouse on a wheel [emoji6]!).

We BDed several times starting when I ended AF through when my CM dried up.

I took prenatal vitamins with DHA and Vitamin D 400mcg with Calcium before we started to TTC both times.

DS3 was a failed girl sway due to me needing to add some boy friendly supplements and a bit of meat to increase my fertility just to get pregnant. I took a supplement for non-swaying purposes that messed up my hormones and fertility. Check with Atomic before taking anything!!

Let me know if I can help further! Here is a ton of my boy baby dust [emoji597][emoji92][emoji170][emoji843][emoji170][emoji94]!!

XXforhubby
November 4th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Oh, I ate breakfast cereal (healthy- like Kashi cereals or Cascadian Farm cereals), oatmeal with fresh or frozen berries, two eggs and toast, or a bagel thin with cream cheese for breakfast. I would have a lunch meat sandwich with fruit and veggies for lunch, leftovers, or a chicken salad for lunch. Dinner was whatever DH wanted- usually a meat, veggie and a carb or casserole or pasta dish.

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2015, 12:28 PM
We have a huge thread where many of us described what we did to get our boys here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/1890-how-we-got-our-boys.html

Throwaway_panther
January 21st, 2016, 09:56 AM
I know this is older, but are there any harder statistics on gender in back to back babies? I had read elsewhere that breastfeeding could actually suppress a hormone (goine-something?) that would result in a boy sway.

Currently ~21 weeks pregnant with a girl and hoping for a boy assp. My SO and I got pregnant on the first try (sex 4-5 times in suspected fertile window), second cycle off BC, which makes me wonder if I have high conditions, because I unintentionally swayed girl with my high exercise (4x a week weights, but tons of cardio with biking and sports) and very low calorie diet (BMI of 20 and grappling with a relapse of my ED before I got pregnant much more quickly than expected).

melisha78
January 21st, 2016, 11:48 AM
Breastfeeding sways boy I thought it sways girl.

Babygirlquest
January 21st, 2016, 12:06 PM

melisha78
January 21st, 2016, 12:25 PM
Oh okay. I am just doing cardiovascular myself. Did you take multivitamins?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

melisha78
January 21st, 2016, 12:26 PM
I mean cardio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Throwaway_panther
January 21st, 2016, 01:04 PM
Not sure if you mean me, melisha, but I took a prenatal for probably 4+ months before conceiving, and a prenatal DHA at least 1 month before conceiving. Did both cardio and weights, but cardio was probably the bigger factor in my fitness at that time.

Still not getting clear sources though for breastfeeding's sway or not :( (my MIL breastfed all three boys when she conceived them, but they were also 16 and 14 months apart, so I don't know which had the biggest factor... she always found out she was pregnant, too, because they'd start pulling away from the milk!)

maidentomother
January 22nd, 2016, 12:08 PM
Personally breastfeeding and losing a lot of weight post partum swayed boy for me, but it is meant to sway girl overall.

Those factors still actually swayed pink - you just had enough other blue factors to overwhelm them. Likely diet was a huge factor.

melisha78
January 22nd, 2016, 02:03 PM
Which factors did babygirlquest have maidentomother.

maidentomother
January 22nd, 2016, 03:30 PM
I dont know. I'd have to know her whole lifestyle, body, etc - which I don't! My point is, pink factors sway pink for everyone, they don't magically sway blue for certain women. And every baby regardless of gender was conceived via a combo of blue and pink factors.

melisha78
January 22nd, 2016, 03:44 PM
I really hope I have girl twins or a girl. Or boy and girl twins.

Throwaway_panther
January 24th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I too have eaten a shocking amount of cashews and gotten boys that way. :agree: Cashews are like a food group to me.

Do you think cashew milk would work as a good dairy substitute when trying for a boy, then? Not trying to cut out calcium (especially with the study I saw about women eating cereal having more boys), but I'm lactose intolerant, so high fat dairy sounds like I'd actually end up losing more nutrition if you get my drift ;)

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2016, 05:19 PM
I'm also lactose intolerant, can you not do yogurt and cheese?? I got my first two with milk, then by the time I conceived my 3rd I was LI but I often ate 4 oz of cheese for breakfast (I was watching my weight) and then also would have either full fat yogurt and blueberries or a bowl of cereal with a smallish amount of full fat milk (I can handle teeny amonts of it) or yogurt - I'd often have granola mixed with yogurt.

I have an older but still informative essay here on milk replacers. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1829-many-marvelous-milks-pink-blue.html?1829-Many-Marvelous-Milks!-For-Pink-and-Blue=

Throwaway_panther
January 27th, 2016, 11:31 AM
I'm also lactose intolerant, can you not do yogurt and cheese?? I got my first two with milk, then by the time I conceived my 3rd I was LI but I often ate 4 oz of cheese for breakfast (I was watching my weight) and then also would have either full fat yogurt and blueberries or a bowl of cereal with a smallish amount of full fat milk (I can handle teeny amonts of it) or yogurt - I'd often have granola mixed with yogurt.

I have an older but still informative essay here on milk replacers. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1829-many-marvelous-milks-pink-blue.html?1829-Many-Marvelous-Milks!-For-Pink-and-Blue=

Thank you! I can manage cheese and yogurt definitely, and even butter, but most full fat dairy (milk, cream, sour cream, ice cream, whipped cream) has unpleasant side effects (which I CAN handle, if need be... but my husband might feel differently!).

I think my primary concern was because cereal is the easiest fix I can make -- I've always loved it, and just avoided it as "useless carbs"/didn't eat breakfast in general, and when I did (and I've been eating it much more frequently while pregnant) eat it, it was with almond milk.

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2016, 06:19 PM
yep me too, boo for ice cream. :/

Before you make up your mind I do want you to have a look at this essay - vegetable sourced fats are a bit of a gray area with swaying. Since the milk replacers are high in Omega 6 fats, if you're not getting as much or MORE Omega 3, too much almond milk may may sway pink a little. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/39013-skinny-fats-pink-blue.html

Throwaway_panther
February 5th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Thanks atomic!

Quick question: would you say cottage cheese sways more blue or pink? I've actually always been a fan of it, but hadn't really been eating it before conceiving my daughter. Full fat cottage cheese seems like it'd point blue because of the, natural dairy, protein and sodium?

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Yes while there are no magic foods and most everything can fit in a sway diet, full fat cottage cheese I think would be a nice addition to a blue sway diet. :)