PDA

View Full Version : Positive OPKs days apart?? Help!

felecia13
October 8th, 2015, 11:26 AM
So I took an OPK on Monday and it showed positive just to be sure I took one several hours later and it was still positive so DH and I had sex. Just to be sure I continue to take tests and they were all completely negative until today. I know you aren't supposed to test after you get a positive but I just didn't feel like I ovulated and on Monday I would have ovulated five days early. Today I took one just to be sure and it's even darker! We are trying for a girl so that would give us the every 4 day window, but because we have been trying for almost 4 years we were advised to not have frequent sex.

Here's the problem my husband and I got a little frisky and I gave him a blowjob yesterday, then he woke me up at 2 AM for sex (protected because we thought we already had the fertile window and didn't want to sway our chances more for a boy) Then we had sex this morning to cover the positive OPK. Is that too many releases in such a short timeframe and could that really hurt our chances of conceiving at all this month? I am assuming he has a pretty decent sperm count because I have been pregnant a total of six times (4 miscarriages)

Help :(

atomic sagebrush
October 12th, 2015, 07:02 PM
You can still test after getting a positive as long as it's not on a fertility monitor (they get confused when you keep using them after the first positive.). In fact it can cover you in case of a false surge (which happens more often than we'd like)

That's not too many releases to cut odds of conception! It's ok!