PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend (or not) your BCP Birth Control Pill

fknonl1ne
October 11th, 2015, 06:46 PM
HRC Lori said to use any monophasic pill like Yasmin or Marvelon. I know Yasmin only from the injury lawyers ads, so probably would avoid that one.

I tried BCP's once in my life almost 20 years ago and within three months, it caused migraines and I stopped. Don't remember which it was.

Please recommend the BCP you used for your protocol if you liked it or tell me what to avoid. Or any popular ones...

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 11th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I was on Yasmin and marvelon at different times - I think they're low dose (estrogen) which is why I was rx'd them back in in the early- mid 2000's (I'm a migraine sufferer).
You'd be fine with either - they've been around for decades, I've never heard of the Yasmin legal issues - but your doctor will know if it's been pulled from the market for any reason too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyagirl
October 21st, 2015, 05:44 PM
How do you ask your dr for a certain bcp? What reason do you give for saying "I would like Marvelon"...

Remustroy
October 21st, 2015, 07:24 PM
I brought mine online as only need 2 packs

fknonl1ne
October 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM
How do you ask your dr for a certain bcp? What reason do you give for saying "I would like Marvelon"...

That's exactly what I'd do. I think it's very common

TaytumJ
October 21st, 2015, 09:28 PM
I was on Seasonale because my doctor sold me on the one period every three months idea. While on it I did like it, coming off was not easy for me and my body could not adjust from it. That could have been me, but I think it has something to do with the fact that it was a constant 3 months cycle. So I wouldn't recommend that!

I did like the patch (Ortho Evra) when I was on that, and I was on generic Yasmin as well and liked that as well.

Good luck!

XXforhubby
October 21st, 2015, 09:36 PM
I really liked Loestrin FE. I suffered from very painful and heavy periods. While on it, my periods were MUCH lighter and tolerable. You can take it continuously like Seasonale, but I too had problems while on it. Seasonale caused my lining to become paper thin and I had too much bleeding in between periods. My lining was actually thinner than my blood vessels [emoji16].

I only took the Loestrin FE once my lining got back to normal and never had problems on it. I loved it!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

fknonl1ne
October 22nd, 2015, 07:08 PM
Thank you TaytumJ and XXforhubby. Never heard of that one

PinkandPolkaDots
November 21st, 2015, 08:37 PM
Response to oral contraceptives is so unpredictable and variable. I tried about 5 different ones before I found one that worked. Yaz (which is Yasmine with lower estrogen) was the ONLY birth control that didn't make me bloated, crazy, or break out. I did really well on it and was not concerned about the increased risk of DVT/PE as I am active and have a low BMI. With that being said, I know plenty of people who hated it...

IUDs are pretty popular now. There are hormonal ones (like Mirena) and non-hormonal (Paragard).

Good luck - trying to find the right birth control is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

bbwywy
November 21st, 2015, 09:31 PM
I'm migraine prone, and I really liked the loestrin

XXforhubby
November 21st, 2015, 09:45 PM
I'm migraine prone, and I really liked the loestrin

Me too! I really liked the Loestrin FE (it has a bit of iron in the "placebo" pills). I too found it helped me the best with migraines!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

fknonl1ne
November 21st, 2015, 10:41 PM
I've heard good things about Yaz..If you work out. Thanks ladies. Keep it coming. Great info on Loestrin. I will find out more on it.

maidentomother
January 14th, 2016, 03:14 PM
The only hormonal birth control I can tolerate remotely is Desogen combined BCP. It is monophasic and lower estrogen.

Still, if I never have to use HBC again in my life I will be very happy! Even on Desogen I am very dry and don't orgasm as easily/well/much. But at least I don't have migraines or mood effects.