PDA

View Full Version : Weird cycle after stopping birth control

PedsNurse27
October 16th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Past pregnancies had PCOS and needed shots, had my twins July 2014....they are beautiful boys (already had one boy) but now I need a girl! Stopped my birth control in September, had my normal withdrawal bleed, then went 29 days and had my first period. I used OPKs day 12-23 but never had a for sure positive test. This period was weird, lighter than normal and only 3-4 days. Three days later I started bleeding again, but very intermittently. I started vitex after my withdrawal bleed, wondering if that has anything to do with that? This has been going on for a week now and ranges from bright red to brown old blood. Had an US six months ago and my US showed that my ovaries were now completely normal so my OB said I was probably fertile which is why I went on birth control. Now that I want to concive again and have a girl, I started Vitex. I was just wondering why this is happening or if you had any insight? My hubby is not thrilled having BD with the blood being the end results lol

PedsNurse27
October 18th, 2015, 07:38 PM
I'm not trying to be annoying but is anyone able to help? I'm still bleeding but not enough for a tampon, but having blood on pantiliners. I'm just confused what to do!

netti02
October 18th, 2015, 09:46 PM
It may be your body still adjusting after bcp. Might be a good idea to see your OB if it continues

Mum to 4 Boys awaiting her Princess

purple
October 19th, 2015, 05:15 AM
I have been having weird bleeding because of suspected PCOS. My cycles are averaging around 6 weeks and I have had spotting/light bleeding for 10-20 days before ovulating. I came off mirena last year but I don't know if it is related.

I'm not really sure what to suggest other than going to your Dr.

PedsNurse27
October 20th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks ladies! Don't know what else to do other than see my OB...appt on 11/5!

atomic sagebrush
October 21st, 2015, 04:21 PM
Hi and welcome, I'm sorry I thought this was a HT post at first.

Yes vitex can make for light periods and kooky cycles (this is ok usually because it may be partly how it works for pink or a side effect of that - tons of us, myself included noticed we got light periods right before we got a girl). We have had some people also report midcycle bleeding with vitex. I usually have people hold off till they get their first actual AF after stopping BC, before stopping vitex, because it seems to cause more trouble when you start it right after dropping the BCP. What I would have you do is drop vitex and let things work themselves out, and BD every 4 days. This will ensure you are in with an attempt whenever the egg shows up.

PedsNurse27
October 27th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Ok thanks Atomic! I stopped my vitex...will see what happens! My plan was to give vitex and diet three months and then start really trying for my girl...will be seeing my OB next week and make sure nothing else is wrong!

atomic sagebrush
October 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Diet for 3 months has gotten great results with or without vitex. Vitex has been disappointing. Don't stress about dropping V, while I do think it sways pink, I think it isn't enough to justify the trouble it causes for so many people.

Good luck and keep us posted on what the OB says.