PDA

View Full Version : possibility of a false positive?

felecia13
October 16th, 2015, 05:27 PM
So I tested early (by 1 day) because I have been feeling SO lousy. Tired, crampy, and well, we've been TTC almost 4 years...so I was excited.

Got a positive first thing this morning at 6 am!! The control line was lighter, and FR said it was normal if the test line was dark.

Got my blood work and progesterone levels done, and came home and took another test. NEGATIVE.

WTH. I attached a pic. Any clue what is going on. My heart hurts to think that AGAIN, we have missed another month.

http://s9.postimg.org/eq3ffcjn3/IMG_3661.jpg

I cant insert images So the pic is ^ there ^

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I can't get the pic to load up but I suspect that your urine was just more dilute on the second test.

A chemical is another possibility but when you have a positie in the morning and a neg. in the afternoon, it's usually just that your pee is less concentrated. even if you were holding it a while, there's something about that FMU that makes a nice test stick.

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2015, 05:55 PM
oo it loaded up on second try and yes that is a positive test! Even if it was a chemical it's pretty unusual to have that quick a turnaround - there in the morning and gone by afternoon - it normally takes a day to disappear.

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I zoomed in on the neg. test and I think I still see a line.

felecia13
October 16th, 2015, 06:05 PM
OHHH I HOPE. I called my husband BAWLING. I took the first test, thought I was being sneaky and hid it in my drawer so he wasn't suspicious. Oh no, with in seconds he grabbed it, saw the results before me (I had seen the faint first line but wasnt sure) and he screamed and started jumping up and down and crying. It was so perfect. I just really really really hope its just diluted pee.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 16th, 2015, 07:05 PM
At how many dpo did you have your bloods done? Fingers crossed that it's just too early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felecia13
October 16th, 2015, 07:16 PM
today, since I am about 12dpo

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 16th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Fingers crossed. My doc hates doing them that early, there is definitely hope!

felecia13
October 16th, 2015, 11:26 PM
its my RE doing them, bc of the miscarriages. He said he wants to try to grab it early, and do progesterone to hopefully stop a MC

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 16th, 2015, 11:36 PM
That's good you have a proactive RE. Keep us posted. Will you POAS again tomorrow?

essnce629
October 17th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Wow, that's a crazy difference in tests! I'd try another brand in the morning as I've read that lots of people have been having issues with the new spoon shaped First Response tests. Do you have any cheapies?

ksmom
October 17th, 2015, 11:04 AM
That's really weird! I'm thinking your urine was just too dilute to get a positive later in the day. I don't think the test would be glaringly positive in the AM then negative that same day, even if it were a chemical. I think you should try another pink dye test like Answer and use it in the morning with FMU.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 17th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Hoping you have some answers soon.

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2015, 08:00 PM
That's really weird! I'm thinking your urine was just too dilute to get a positive later in the day. I don't think the test would be glaringly positive in the AM then negative that same day, even if it were a chemical. I think you should try another pink dye test like Answer and use it in the morning with FMU.

This was what I was trying to say only KS said it much better. Any updates?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 17th, 2015, 09:26 PM
I still have everything crossed.

True Blue
October 18th, 2015, 09:15 AM
:fx: :fx: :fx:

felecia13
October 19th, 2015, 11:47 AM
More negatives tests. Looks like a false positive, or VERY early Chemical Blood work pending.

felecia13
October 19th, 2015, 12:09 PM
and thank you ladies for all your support.

ksmom
October 19th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you get some answers soon.

felecia13
October 19th, 2015, 04:00 PM
def NOT chemical. I didnt even ovulate this month. The same as the last 8 months, so they are thinking I have luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome. Starting Provera if no period by Sept 26th, sonohystogram and then Clomid.

atomic sagebrush
October 19th, 2015, 04:25 PM
def NOT chemical. I didnt even ovulate this month. The same as the last 8 months, so they are thinking I have luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome. Starting Provera if no period by Sept 26th, sonohystogram and then Clomid.

WOW that is amazing, I have NEVER seen a positive pregnancy test without an ovulation. I would mention this to them as RARELY positive pregnancy tests can indicate cancer and I would want to have that ruled out. How a pregnancy test can reveal you have cancer | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/08/how-pregnancy-test-can-reveal-have-cancer/)

felecia13
October 19th, 2015, 08:09 PM
WOW that is amazing, I have NEVER seen a positive pregnancy test without an ovulation. I would mention this to them as RARELY positive pregnancy tests can indicate cancer and I would want to have that ruled out. How a pregnancy test can reveal you have cancer | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/08/how-pregnancy-test-can-reveal-have-cancer/)

Yup, nurse mentioned this too. having an ultrasound and more bloodwork to rule it out.

Also First Response said they have had a few false positives with the curved tests, said they have had an increase in false results!

mommymachine
October 19th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I am so sorry.

essnce629
October 19th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I'm so sorry. That really sucks. I've been super leary about those new spoon shaped FRERs!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
October 20th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Sorry love :(

Atsaukina1
October 21st, 2015, 11:05 AM
So sorry. Here's hoping clomid and everything give your body the help it needs.