PDA

View Full Version : Feeling defeated and crushed!

felecia13
October 19th, 2015, 11:56 AM
It's been nearly 4 years of TTC. 3 miscarriages, 2 RE's and I can't tell you how many rounds of clomid, Femara, laparoscopies, etc.

While we would adore just being able to have another baby, my husband's heart it set with a girl. He even wrote a list of traits our daughter would have. I discovered it this weekend, after we got a (now false we assume) positive.

My best friend who knows all about my miscarriages, has joked that she would be my surrogate because the only way she would have another is if she was guaranteed a girl. Well, she discovered gender swaying, and said "for fun. lets try." BOOM, Pregnant on the first try.

Had her US today, and the tech said "I'm 97% sure this is a girl" based on the Ramzi Method. Of course, she went out and bought all girl clothes and came to my house to show them off. Needless to say, DH and I are devastated.

NOW to top it all off, he is convinced that it's because she conceived in a "girl month" on the chinese gender chart ( she swears that helped), and said we have to wait until its a girl month for us (3 months away).

I could literally scream.

Milybaby
October 19th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Hi Felecia, I understand how you feel and I hope with all my heart that you'll have soon the Baby girl you and your husband imagine <3

Just dońt let your husband have too much hope about chinese calendar, I have 2 boys conceived in a girl month!
Currently 1 dpo and swaying pink second cycle of TTC...

Send you lots of Hugs and courage ;)

Xxx

nicoler
October 19th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Both my boys were conceived in "girl months" and moon phases as well. Honestly, for every girl that has been conceived in a "girl month" there's probably 5 more that have been conceived in a "boy month". I would put zero faith into this as a swaying tactic. Good luck to you!!

Babygirlquest
October 19th, 2015, 02:32 PM

felecia13
October 19th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Hi Felecia, I understand how you feel and I hope with all my heart that you'll have soon the Baby girl you and your husband imagine <3

Just dońt let your husband have too much hope about chinese calendar, I have 2 boys conceived in a girl month!
Currently 1 dpo and swaying pink second cycle of TTC...

Send you lots of Hugs and courage ;)

Xxx

PINK wishes for you lady!!!

Maybe i can photoshop pink on blue blocks so he'll go for it. I told him I'd put more faith into diet and what not

felecia13
October 19th, 2015, 02:39 PM
What HT ways are there? We're still in the stages of clomid and IUIs. Havent been brave enough to go further

nicoler
October 19th, 2015, 03:15 PM
IVF with PGS/PGD will give you virtually 100% guarantee of the gender. There's tons of info on here - especially if you become a dream member. If you are already an infertility patient, swaying for a girl could make it even tougher to get pregnant. Age plays such a huge role in HT success so it would be something I would seriously consider sooner rather than later if you are already struggling with getting pregnant or have been suffering losses.

atomic sagebrush
October 19th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Neither Ramzi nor Chinese Gender Chart work. It could be a girl of course but it's not down to either of those things.

PLEASE do not put one ounce of stock into the Chinese Gender Chart. If that worked, there would not be orphanages full of unwanted Chinese baby girls. We have done tons of polls and threads on this both here and on other sites and they were ALWAYS 50-50. MIne is always 2 right, 3 wrong, or 3 right, 2 wrong depending on the version of it.

ANYONE telling a person who has experienced 4 years of infertility to wait 3 months based on superstition, and showing you girl clothes, to speak plainly I'm not totally convinced that person is acting as a friend to you. She may just not be thinking, but that is not a nice thing to do IMO. DO NOT skip months. You never know when it is going to be a good egg and you may only be making 1 or 2 good eggs a year with your fertility issues, whenever you skip a month you run the risk of passing up an egg that may be "Goldie the Golden Egg".

I believe you had a chemical pregnancy this month which while I know it sucks, it's actually GOOD news because it means sperm did meet egg. IT didn't stick, but that doesn't mean that it can't ever stick in a different month. We know that at the least this month you did conceive, it just didn't work out for some reason and may be totally different next cycle, you very well may have better luck next cycle or in a month or two or three.

atomic sagebrush
October 19th, 2015, 03:50 PM
My gosh I don't think I would buy anything based on the ramzi theory. I know a few opposites!

Sorry this is happening to you. What about high tech? Would that be a possibility for a girl since you are struggling ttc anyway?

There are people out there who sent Dr. Ramzi himself $10 to guess on ultrasounds and he guessed WRONG. it doesn't work.

Violet Winter
October 19th, 2015, 09:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your so called friend is being so horrible about your situation. I found after my miscarriages women who had not experienced a loss themselves, including my best friend, did not know how to react or support me. My heart goes out to you honey. Stay strong!

covered in blue
October 20th, 2015, 03:41 AM
That was really insensitive of your friend! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Big hugs xx

I second what atomic said though. The Chinese gender calendar and Ramzi theory both said boy on this little one and as far as we know it's a girl! I wonder if she's making that up to be honest. I've never heard of a tech who has said that to anyone.

Dumping loads of sticky baby dust xx. I hope it won't be much longer for you.

missiz
December 8th, 2015, 02:12 AM
I am sorry you've gone so long down this path without success, I cant imagine how hard it must be for you. Like the other ladies said, dont skip months that could potentially be the 'lucky' month. I hope things improve and you get your baby girl one day soon xo