PDA

View Full Version : Prenatals and swaying...

Mcf11
November 4th, 2015, 01:26 PM
OK just out of curiosity, I was wondering what the thought is on taking prenatals and do you tend to get a specific gender. Mind you that it is important to at least take folic acid before thinking of concieving but just wanted to see if that tends to sway boy? I know in my case I did take prenatals with my boys but stopped after them and only took folic acid when I concieved my dd. :think:

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2015, 02:02 PM
I believe that prenatals sway pretty strongly blue. Folic acid, it doesn't matter how it sways or if it sways because it's the only nutrient really proven to prevent birth defects when taken BEFORE pregnancy.

I also got boys while taking prenatals and girl without them

Mcf11
November 4th, 2015, 02:32 PM
with my girl I had one more year difference so had completely stopped taking prenatals but definitely jumped on my folic acid !!! must be due to all the high amount of vitamins it brings? pretty interesting!! thanks Atomic Sagebrush!! :)

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2015, 02:36 PM
That's what we guess is going on. I would love to have a kajillion dollars and an army of grad students to study all this stuff. :)

Mcf11
November 5th, 2015, 11:21 PM
hahaha!!! let's get on it!!!! start by donating a reasonable amount from each member of this forum!! lol in all seriousness I would love to see some studies done!!! :think::highfive:

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2015, 11:50 AM
The poopy thing about it is that they don't even KNOW what to study. We do, but have no way of getting the studies done. Thus most of the studies are "accidents" coming from people studying totally different things, or else in people who plan on using the information to sell something. :/

Lissastick
September 4th, 2016, 12:06 AM
My friend took prenatals for a year or more before conception and got a girl...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dreamingofsecondpink
September 4th, 2016, 04:45 AM
I took prenatals at least 6 months before conception and had a girl :)

atomic sagebrush
September 5th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Nowhere on this site will anyone ever read that any one tactic is a magic bullet or 100% guaranteed to prevent a child of a certain gender. There are dozens, if not hundreds of things that sway and one thing taken in isolation from a person who we don't know anything else about does not prove or disprove a sway tactic. All we can do is use biology, good sense and our experiences/results to determine the things that sway and even our most effective tactics seem to have an upper ceiling of about 80%.

Lissastick
September 21st, 2016, 07:36 PM
The person I mentioned there was the same mama that has PCOS and a very boy friendly lifestyle besides being a vegetarian and got a girl. She makes me scratch my head! Lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
September 21st, 2016, 07:53 PM
Nowhere on this site will anyone ever read that any one tactic is a magic bullet or 100% guaranteed to prevent a child of a certain gender. There are dozens, if not hundreds of things that sway and one thing taken in isolation from a person who we don't know anything else about does not prove or disprove a sway tactic. All we can do is use biology, good sense and our experiences/results to determine the things that sway and even our most effective tactics seem to have an upper ceiling of about 80%.

This.