PDA

View Full Version : Does anxiety sway?

1moregirl
November 9th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Just asking this question as I have been suffering from extreme anxiety recently, which is always worse in the mornings and then gets better. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't even eat breakfast and nearly vomited and upset tummy. All just from nervousness. It had all settled down prior to getting pregnant back in June but since my miscarriage in Asugust it had progressively gotten worse. Anyway, I saw my doctor about it yesterday and have an appointment with a counsellor for next week. So, for now, I haven't even thought about ttc again just yet because obviously I am not emotionally in the right place. I saw a tiny baby at school this morning and she gave me big smiles and had a dimple, just like our little girl, which made me tear up immediately.

queen-of-harts
November 9th, 2015, 11:12 PM
I don't know if it sways but I have had horrible anxiety my entire life and I have 7 boys.

1moregirl
November 10th, 2015, 12:03 AM
Queen of Harts - 7 boys - wow! I have never heard of anyone having 7 children of all the same gender before. That's amazing! Hope you get your girl one day. And thanks soooo much for your reply. :)

purple
November 10th, 2015, 04:48 AM
I have suffered from anxiety in the past like you describe. I have no idea if it sways but I do know it affects my cycles and delays ovulation.

It is good you have gone to see your Dr about it. I found hypnotherapy quite helpful so worth a try if the counsellor isn't enough for you.

I hope it passes soon, it is really horrible when you are going through it.

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Anxiety itself probably doesn't sway, but being the kind of person who is prone to anxiety may indicate you are more boy-friendly if that makes sense. We have a lot of moms of boys who are kind of tightly wound, anxious, OCD kind of gals. :)

Can I ask if you are using any artificial sweeteners?? I found Splenda made me very anxious and it was like you are describing because I'd have tea with Splenda in the mornings and it would give me basically a panic attack. Then it would wear off over the day.

1moregirl
November 11th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Hi ladies. No Atomic - I haven't been using the artificial sweeteners. I had been drinking one glass of caffeine free coke that has aspartame in it with dinner but not every day as it made me feel a bit off. I've noticed the anxiety seems to settle down after I've Oed, which is interesting. I already take an antidepressant for my anxiety so have just had to increase the dose slightly and will see the counsellor next week. But, as of today, I have been feeling slightly better. It's amazing what positive self-talk and keeping busy can do. It's soooo interesting though that doctors never seem to believe that anxiety is hormone-related (except if it occurs around PMS time). I've also been limiting my cups of tea and sugar intake. I guess it's good in one way as it's made me lose a bit of weight recently since I've been unable to eat at all til around lunch time.

atomic sagebrush
November 12th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Well I absolutely have anxiety that relates to my menstrual cycle as well and it's more in my FP than LP. I am more "depressed" feeling in my LP and not anxious. So me too on that.

Within my lifetime I've seen them go from saying PMS/PMT was totally psychological to taking it seriously so what they "know" is subject to change.

1moregirl
November 14th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Yes that's sooo true Atomic. I often wonder how much doctors really know about hormones and how much they do actually effect our emotions and our mental states. I certainly wish also they could do more testing instead of just prescribing us antidepressants and sending us off to see a counsellor.

atomic sagebrush
November 19th, 2015, 12:41 PM
They don't know anything. I actually think that those of us on these types of websites are learning more than doctors by sharing our experiences. :agree:

mkddav
May 22nd, 2016, 03:40 PM
I didn't realize anxiety was part of a more boy-friendly personality type. Well, crap. Lol!

Faithinpink
May 22nd, 2016, 11:59 PM
Lol , great explains me having 4 boys then. :hair:

emshe
May 23rd, 2016, 02:35 AM
Hi ladies,
I have often wondered this about anxiety/stress too, alas I have 2 boys! I had a naturopath that helps people sway say that she had a lady recently that was unsuccessful and got a boy and thought it came down to her being stressed. Who knows!? But I have switched recently to active b vitamins (I have the MTHFR gene) which seems to have really helped with my anxiety. Might be worth looking into.

Mickey2014
May 23rd, 2016, 02:40 AM
Stress does seem to sway boy.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mickey2014
May 23rd, 2016, 02:42 AM
I also have two boys and i suffer from anxiety disorder. So good chance nr 3 will be a boy too i guess.

Throwaway_panther
May 23rd, 2016, 08:16 AM
I'm sending all my pink dust to you guys while also sitting here gleefully hoping this holds true for me for my boy sway... since anxiety, thy name is Throwaway Panther :sigh:

Although, again guys... I seem to be very much a boy mom in terms of personality/anxiety/etc... having a girl any day now! I'm convinced it has to be diet/exercise, because I was also following an LE lifestyle to the T (totally unintentionally, though... if only I knew then what I know now!)

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2016, 12:57 PM
I didn't realize anxiety was part of a more boy-friendly personality type. Well, crap. Lol!

It's ok though MK, you can overcome it with lifestyle changes. If I got a girl with my anxiety levels ANYONE can. Of that I assure you. :) My husband has been known to affectionately (??? maybe???) call me "Twitch". :p

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2016, 01:02 PM
I also have two boys and i suffer from anxiety disorder. So good chance nr 3 will be a boy too i guess.

No, that's not necessarily true, most people have kids of both genders effortlessly. It's just something we have observed that a lot of the moms of many boys are more tightly wound and easily worked up than the girl moms are.

Stress (the kind of chronic uncontrollable stress like poverty, loss, illness) actually tends to sway pink and has been shown to in studies. The type of self-induced, almost obsessive stress that many of us put onto ourselves (like perfectionism or behaviors that we undertake to almost superstitiously prevent bad things from happening) is the kind of thing that may be associated with more boys conceived.

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2016, 01:03 PM
Hi ladies,
I have often wondered this about anxiety/stress too, alas I have 2 boys! I had a naturopath that helps people sway say that she had a lady recently that was unsuccessful and got a boy and thought it came down to her being stressed. Who knows!? But I have switched recently to active b vitamins (I have the MTHFR gene) which seems to have really helped with my anxiety. Might be worth looking into.

While I do want everyone with MTHFR to take the vitamins that are required for their condition, for the rest of us B vitamins may sway strongly blue and should be avoided in supplement form for swaying pink.

emshe
May 23rd, 2016, 06:18 PM
While I do want everyone with MTHFR to take the vitamins that are required for their condition, for the rest of us B vitamins may sway strongly blue and should be avoided in supplement form for swaying pink.

Agh! Thanks atomic, another reason then I should really only go hi tech. Sorry I probably shouldn't have mentioned the active bS here then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2016, 12:39 PM
No, it's fine to share of course and people have gotten girls on them, just that on average they may sway blue. :)