PDA

View Full Version : Fiber and peppermint tea...

dubsllc
November 24th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Hello! Any specific fiber supplement recommended? How necessary is it? Also, my hubby is not to into having to take licorice root... :/ he is putting soy creamer in his morning coffee, though and he loves peppermint tea. Will those suffice? Thank you! We're still a month out from trying just want to make sure I'm on the right track :)

atomic sagebrush
November 24th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Any fiber that you can find that doesn't have additional vitamins in it are all fine. :) Doesn't have to be a particular type.

Peppermint tea is a fine replacement for licorice root. 3 cups a day, allow to steep 5-10 minutes before drinking. If he's a big guy he may even want to use 2 tea bags.

dubsllc
November 25th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Thank you so much atomic! I forgot to ask one more thing earlier... Is white wine better to have than red? I love my red wine, but I thought I read somewhere white was a better option ��

atomic sagebrush
November 25th, 2015, 11:09 AM
That's what we were assuming at first, but we are finding that avoiding the type of nutrients in things like fruit, veg, and wine is really not making any difference at all. Both red and white got good results and so feel free to use either or both. :)

dubsllc
December 17th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Another peppermint question ��.. Would it be ok to replace peppermint essential oil in my water daily instead of drinking peppermint tea? Actually more for my husband than myself. Thank you! It's 100% pure essential oil

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't because it may not be as safe as pep tea and we don't even KNOW that whatever component that sways, is even in the oil instead of in the tea itself. We haven't the scientific info to really know what aspect of peppermint is even swaying.