PDA

View Full Version : Charting question help!!!

signingmommyfor3
November 29th, 2015, 02:56 PM
So can someone help me, I think I O'd but based on my chart I'm not sure. Had EWCM for 3days like normal and the pre-O dip, cd12 was the dip and I got a peak reading on digi opk and +opk then in the evening of cd12 I started to dry up.

I think either i geared up for O but then didn't or I'm having a slow temp rise. Also a factor is my bedroom has been freezing cold the last 2 nights which could be affecting my thermometer because it sits out in the open on my night stand. I really am hoping that I did O because I don't know how my DH would take bd e2d right now. He wants to rest right now. Also the last 2 morning I have been taking my temp after a 4hr block of sleep vs an 8 hour block (still the same time just haven't be able to get to sleep until 2am instead of my normal 10pm).

Anyone have some input or help?

atomic sagebrush
November 29th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I can't say if you Oed or not, I agree it could very well be a faker but if your room is chilly that may have affected things too. It can't affect your thermometer but it may be affecting your body temp. Also since your sleep was interrupted that may have affected things too. Sorry I wish I could be more help, I will say it's not obvious, at any rate.

signingmommyfor3
November 29th, 2015, 11:37 PM
I did happen to also take an extra temp this morning at 9 am too and it was higher. When I put that one in with the change in time too FF puts O at cd12. I could have O'd between cd 12 or cd13 I think.

Eko
November 30th, 2015, 07:47 AM
I usually hold the thermometer in my hand a bit before I use ut. I realized that when I put a cold thermometer in my mouth it feels as if it lowers the temperature in that area, so that's why I started pre-heating it. Maybe you could start doing that too so you don't have to worry about the temperature of the thermometer affecting your chart?

Based on cm it looks like you ovulated cd 12-13, but your timing looks good even if it was delayed a couple of days until cd 15. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2015, 07:36 PM
I did happen to also take an extra temp this morning at 9 am too and it was higher. When I put that one in with the change in time too FF puts O at cd12. I could have O'd between cd 12 or cd13 I think.

Nice rise today!

Thermometers are supposed to compensate for their coldness at the start because their temp has to stabilize for a certain amount of time before they beep. Doesn't hurt anything to hold it in your hand I suppose but I know you're supposed to just kinda lay there without doing a whole lot of activity before temping. Probably makes absolutely no difference. :)

signingmommyfor3
December 1st, 2015, 07:50 PM
Yeh I definitely had temp rises and FF thinks I O'd now at cd12 when my temp dipped. The last two nights I kept the thermometer in my pillow case so it was still easy access after my alarm goes off and it seemed to help. I really hope this is my cycle for BFP.

signingmommyfor3
December 3rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
I still have a rise today and so FF changed to O on cd16 but my sister who is a doula looked over my chart today and thinks I O cd13. I'm so confused, what is I missed my window. I feel like I'm outfit

Eko
December 3rd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Hm, I'm sorry but I think I have to agree with cd 16 now. Based on temps that makes most sense, especially when I compare to your pre- and post-O temps from last cycle. BUT I don't know if the cd14-15 temps could look lower than they really were if your bedroom were freezing cold those nights.
If you ovulated on cd 16, then your timing was O-3. Remember that lots of people have gotten pregnant with that timing! And if your sister is right about O, then your timing is perfect.

Not sure if it helps, but if you want you can check out my chart for march 2015, FF is guessing O on cd 14 but I think it was probably cd 18 when I factor in my usual pre- and post-O temps. Anyway with O on cd 18 my timing would be O-3 and I did get pregnant: 375092 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/375092)

But I get what you mean about feeling as if you missed your window, I have the same feeling this month. My chart shows O on cd 16 for now, but I think it's more likely cd 17 or possibly even 18. I feel like my BD on cd 13 were too far away and my BD on cd 17 were too late, when cervix already had closed for business and if sperm managed to pass it anyway then the egg could very well be dead and gone before they were ready to fertilize it (can take 10 hours for sperm decapacitation). I just didn't feel fertile during that attempt, if that makes any sense. So this month feels a bit bleh, but in the end that doesn't matter - all that matters is if the egg and sperm met and I really have no way of knowing that. We might very well both end up with BFP's next week, there's still a good chance with 0-3.

Guess my point is that you're not an outfit! I'm not sure exactly what it is since English isn't my first language, but what I'm sure about is that you're not it.

atomic sagebrush
December 3rd, 2015, 04:31 PM
I am one of those annoying circumspect chart stalkers who doens't like to pick a camp without being totally sure and I am just not totally sure so I'll sit on the fence. If you DID O CD 13 I am loving your chart right now and would not be surprised to see it end in BFP. Great rise no matter what day you Oed on. If you Oed on CD 16, it's still a nice rise meaning a nice prog level. Good luck.