PDA

View Full Version : Ubiquinol question

1moregirl
December 6th, 2015, 04:26 AM
I still haven't gotten around to buying this yet and starting to take it. I am feeling anxious about taking this, to be honest, as to how it might react (if at all) with the Zoloft that I take. I think it stems from my miscarriage after having been taking cranberry, calcium and magnesium. Maybe I am just nervous about things going wrong again, but I am already prone to low blood pressure and I read on the internet that the ubiquinol can have a side effect of lowering blood pressure, so that makes me nervous. Any advice? Should I perhaps run it by my GP and see what she suggests? Thanks. :)

Babygirlquest
December 6th, 2015, 10:02 AM

atomic sagebrush
December 6th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Yes always ask your GP if you're concerned but it's a pretty good supp as they go. I plan to start taking it just for general health now that I'm 45. :)

1moregirl
December 6th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks soooo much for sharing your own experience with it Babygirlquest. And for your reply Atomic. I have an appointment with my doctor this Wednersday for the dreaded Pap smear test so will ask her about it then. I'm also still waiting for results to my AMH test. I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating today sometime as I've just started taking note of CM again and BBT every morn at 7am and there was a slight dip this morning. I noted the ph of my CM yesterday and it was 5.2, then this morning 5.4 then just now at 1pm 5.7 and it's supposed to go up when you ovulate. I don't know how much truth there is in CM ph and ph of DH's gear but I guess it's a bit of fun and a habit I've gotten into. Also today I'm feeling headachey, pain in lower back. I always used to know when I was Oing when breastfeeding as the Bub would get fussy at the breast and my nipples would be really tender and sore. Anyway, I'm gearing myself up and preparing myself mentally as this will be our last shot. If I miscarry again or don't get pregnant then at least I will have the peace of mind that I gave it my best shot. :)

atomic sagebrush
December 8th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I don't think there's much if any truth to the pH, I got a boy with pH of 4.5-5 testing 2 or 3 times a day for months.

Good luck and sending you some of my patented "oh my gosh that old lady is having a baby dust". ;)

1moregirl
December 9th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Thanks Atomic. I watched one of those midwives programs on tv the other day, where the midwives help pregnant women with their labours and births. I got soooo emotional watching it and still have that strong desire in my heart to try one more time to experience all of that again. I really envy younger ladies who get lucky finding their life partners younger and have the opportunity to have babies younger. I just get soooo scared when I think of getting pregnant again and think of the stastics "50% chance of another miscarriage." I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday (5 more days) and will get the AMH test results plus am a month overdue for a PAP smear, so will get that done. I'm just not sure how I'm doing with the diet. I know to stay clear of potatoes, tomatoes, bananas and salt. And Low Everything - does that mean not much of everything to eat as in quantity or as in low fat, low salt, low protein, etc. I will track back and have a look at your fertility diet. Is that basically just eating healthy?

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Channel your inner Han Solo: "Never tell me the odds!"

The potatoes, tomatoes, bananas, and salt thing is NOT LE Diet. That's the old school mineral balancing diets and they don't work (well they can work but it's not because of the minerals, it's because they're restrictive). In fact, on LE Diet, because we aren't doing the high levels of dairy intake they use on the mineral diets (dairy has TONS of potassium, and they're limiting potassium on those diets) we actually CAN have tomatoes, potatoes, and bananas if you like them. It's kind of difficult to get enough potassium for survival on LE Diet - you need 2500-3500 mg a day or you can risk death!! This amount is the same on LE Diet and on the mineral diets becaus that is the amount you need for survival. So, when on LE Diet, you're not doing the dairy by the gallon, you NEED to be open to potatoes and tomatoes in particular because otherwise it can be hard to get enough.

I assure you my daughter is like 30% potato LOL. The sodium, I keep in the mix for those who want it, because it is possible to do, but practicaly all of us have given up on that and I got my girl without limiting sodium after my 4th boy while I was limiting it.

You need to understand that the LE Diet is NOT just limiting stuff. It's about getting ENOUGH for you to get and stay pregnant with a healthy baby. So just deciding to "eat less" isn't going to work.

THe short version of the LE Diet (standard) is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html the atomic fertility diet is in this thread 5 from top and no it isn't just eating healthy. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

1moregirl
December 11th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks Atomic. I had a look at those threads you posted. Does the fertility diet mean no bread or pasta at all? I love both of those things. :( what if I just try to extremely healthy (lots of green leafy veggies and fruits) and limit red meat to once a week? Would that be more beneficial to me? I'm not sure what I would eat for lunch every day if I couldn't eat bread. What do you think? I have my appointment on Monday with my GP so will be getting results to AMH test so that will be interesting just to see on paper. I am excited for Xmas coming up but there will be one thing missing for me this year (that little Bub that should've been kicking away in my belly). Never mind! I can think of it now without getting teary so that's a good thing.

atomic sagebrush
December 12th, 2015, 02:59 PM
The best diets for egg quality are relatively low carb and many people also seem to benefit from lower/no gluten. That is why I have the fertility diet without bread and pasta, because you're eating lower carb and reducing or eliminating gluten. I understand they are tasty, but they aren't ideal for egg quality. Obviously you need to do what you need to do and just cutting back some may have an effect too We have seen dramatic improvements in egg quality in those ladies going HT when they went low carb and/or gluten free or reduced intake, so this is results-based and not just me blabbing on about stuff. :)

"healthy" for your heart is NOT healthy for fertility. So just eating a bunch of leafy greens and fruits can certianly help, but the rest of the diet is important too (like the full fat dairy). Red meat is pretty decent for fertility, the reason why we exclude that in my atomic fertility diet is because it's also meant to be pink friendly, not becaue it's bad for egg quality. :)

1moregirl
December 13th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Thanks Atomic. That's all great advice. I was thinking, what if I ate gluten free pasta and gluten free bread? I mean, we usually only eat pasta once a week, but I usually eat bread every day. I'm not sure what else I would eat for lunches without Bread. And yes I do eat full fat dairy already. Is it ok to eat one serve of red meat and one of fish per week?

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2015, 11:28 AM
If you have an issue with gluten affecting your fertility then that would help but most gluten free products are actually higher carb than wheat products. The carb thing does seem to affect egg quality negatively (at least that is what we've seen with HT ladies) As long as you were eating LESS than you were, that may matter so if you are eating 4 slices of bread a day, going to 2 would still be an improvement. It doesn't need to be zero carb, just lower.

Yes I'd have you eat a serving of red meat and a serv. of fish every week.

1moregirl
December 13th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Thanks Atomic. What is HT Hun? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2015, 12:49 PM
HT is high tech - ladies who are going to do IVF and so we can see very clearly their egg quality and how it responds to diet. :) There have been studies done that show much improved egg quality with lower carb diets and we have seen it work for our members too.

1moregirl
December 15th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Thanks Atomic. I've never really had to go on any sort of diet so this thing is not going to be easy for me. I must start by looking at what types of foods have cArbs in them, other than bread and pasta. I normally have one slice of toast and a cup of tea for breakfast. Is there something else I should change that too? So it's more healthy eating (fruit and veggies) and low/no carbs. Full fat dairy. One serve per week each of red meat and one of fish. Is chicken allowed? What about a bit of chocolate, biscuits and lollies (they are my weakness)? Thankyou.

atomic sagebrush
December 16th, 2015, 11:46 AM
It doesn't need to be super low carb, that isn' really any better for most people. If you avoid sugar and grain foods, you do not need to worry about carbs. You don't need to cut out carbs all together, just be sure that they are no more than 30% of your day's cals overall. Personally I think that is very confusing and so that is why I came up with the AFD because you don't need to count carbs or figure percentages, you just do the 1500-1800 cals, 50-60 g protein, and 50-60 g fat, plus get most of your carbs from fruits and vegetables instead of grains and sugar, and it all takes care of itself. Much easier than calculating percentages. :)

Bread, pasta, sugar may harm your egg quality. If you can't give them up, going to whole grain should help.

1moregirl
December 17th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Thanks soooo much Atomic. That last comment you gave really hit the spot for me and made me understand clearly what is required with the fertility diet. What about nuts? Or are they classed as protein? I tend to eat a few dried fruit and nuts each day, but can give them up if need be. Could you please give me an example of a menu for the day on this fertility diet (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) just so I can get an idea? Thanks so much again.

atomic sagebrush
December 18th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Nuts are pretty good for fertility and they do have protein in them.

Someone, I'm on my tablet and can't post links but can anyone post a link to the thread where people on AFD are sharing their menus and stuff?

1moregirl
January 3rd, 2016, 06:38 PM
Could someone please post that link for me that Atomic mentioned above? Thanks soooo much. :)

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 08:01 PM
I have a hard time looking up stuff like this because I have SOOO many posts, so if anyone has it on speed dial much appreciated. I tried searching it but just get too many hits. I know it's here somewhere!