PDA

View Full Version : CD15 11mm follicle - continue gonal f till cd21?????

hannahdee84
December 12th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Hi
I was on CD 15 On Friday and had in excess of 20 multiple small follicles on both ovaries and only 1 11MM follicle. the dr thinks i should continue stimulating with gonal f and merional 150 each. Has anyone ever stimulated for 20 days with gonal f or other injectables??? I have PCOS.

nuthinbutpink
December 12th, 2015, 07:47 AM
That's a really long time on stims. What are you using/doing to combat the PCOS? Are you on metformin? Are you eating low carb?

12 days on stims is usually the max. Egg quality suffers beyond that.

hannahdee84
December 12th, 2015, 02:29 PM
I am not on anything to combat the PCOS as read somewhere that the metformin slows down follicle growth so i stopped teh metformin. I am not following a particular diet and my BMI Is 30. I do have a serious problem with the weight.

Beautifulrainbow
February 19th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Hi
I was on CD 15 On Friday and had in excess of 20 multiple small follicles on both ovaries and only 1 11MM follicle. the dr thinks i should continue stimulating with gonal f and merional 150 each. Has anyone ever stimulated for 20 days with gonal f or other injectables??? I have PCOS.

Hi I know this is an older post now but I'm going through a similar thing, but have not been stimulating growth, I also have pcos and suffering from secondary infertility.
on cycle day 10 I had lots of small follicles and only 1 follicles at 12mm but they wasn't sure if it was growing, had another scan on cd 14 and that follicle has vanished, I have not ovulated and I'm left with lots of undeveloping small follicles. So disappointed!