PDA

View Full Version : My AMH test results

1moregirl
December 13th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Well went to doctor this morning and my results are 6.5, so yep...bad numbers as I was warned by some of you already. I shouldn't have been surprised but for some reason I still was surprised, and sad. It's not a nice feeling to actually see the numbers on paper and realise that the end of your baby making days are rapidly drawing to a close. My doc was still lovely and supportive though and said there are plenty of ladies still having babies in their 40s. And she gave me the go ahead to try out the ubiquinol so I will buy it tomorrow and start on it.

1moregirl
December 15th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Any comments please?

purple
December 15th, 2015, 06:30 AM
I don't really know much about AMH levels but it seems reasonable for your age. I have seen younger women on here posting much lower levels, although it is confusing with the different measurement systems depending on which country they are in.

This may be useful for you:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-and-current-cycles/47385-amh-levels.html

XXforhubby
December 15th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't despair with an AMH of 6.5. While it may not be ideal, you certainly can get pregnant with numbers like that. It may take a bit for a healthy egg to be released but with a bit of patience and persistence, you can get pregnant.

I had FSH of 46, AMH of 0 (yes, it wasn't even detected!!), and I got my BFP three months later! I did switch to Atomic's fertility diet (if you are not on it already, switch over), I took 800mg CoQ10 daily (per RE), and just kept BDing every 4 days when AF left town. I also took a couple other supplements due to being deficient.

Hang in there sweetie- it WILL happen for you!! FX and GL to you!!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Ok there are two types of measurements and I just want to clarify for those who are confused now, there are 2 ways of meauring AMH.

One is called pmol/L and yes in that measurement this is low. But it's not HORRIBLE. The range on this goes down to 0 and anything above 2.2 is still considered "low fertility" but not very low/indetectible. It's actually better than I would have expected to be honest with you.

There is also a measurement called ng/mL and this would be sky high using that measurement and I would ahve been shocked if any woman in her 40's had that high a reading. But that is ok. It's normal for AMH to go down over time, it's just because we've used up a lot of eggs by now.

nuthinbutpink
December 15th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Well went to doctor this morning and my results are 6.5, so yep...bad numbers as I was warned by some of you already. I shouldn't have been surprised but for some reason I still was surprised, and sad. It's not a nice feeling to actually see the numbers on paper and realise that the end of your baby making days are rapidly drawing to a close. My doc was still lovely and supportive though and said there are plenty of ladies still having babies in their 40s. And she gave me the go ahead to try out the ubiquinol so I will buy it tomorrow and start on it.

It's typical for your age. At 40, everyone's fertility is in the low range. It doesn't mean you cannot conceive.

1moregirl
December 18th, 2015, 12:47 AM
I don't really know much about AMH levels but it seems reasonable for your age. I have seen younger women on here posting much lower levels, although it is confusing with the different measurement systems depending on which country they are in.

This may be useful for you:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-and-current-cycles/47385-amh-levels.html

Thanks but I can't access that page as I'm not a paid member. :)

1moregirl
December 18th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Wow xxforHubby - that's amazing. That really does give me hope and thanks sooo much for sharing. Was it the Coq10 ubiquinol that you took? I think Atomic just advised me to take 100mg per day so I guess that will be enough. How long were you on Atomics Fertility Diet before you conceived Hun? That's the part I really will struggle with - the diet. I have never been good at any sort of diets plus I love bread and pasta and cakes and sweets and with Christmas coming up next week I know I have no chance in hell of any sort of diet til after that. Lol! Could you please share a couple of examples of what sort of foods you ate and stayed cleared of when on the diet? Thanks soooo much.

XXforhubby
December 18th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I took Ubiquinol and was on Atomic's fertility diet for 3 mo before I conceived. If you search for my sway in the Add Your Girl Sway section, I listed pretty much all I ate. I basically cut out pasta and breads but kept Quinoa, and I ate potatoes and rice mostly. I cut out a lot of processed sugar and meats. I ate more fruit to curb my sweet tooth, and I did add 2 oz of lean chicken or turkey twice a week (if you follow the fertility diet fully, you would eat much more meat than I felt comfortable with). I also tried to add 4 eggs a week but usually had 2-3. I'm allergic to salmon so I had Rainbow Trout (has same fat profile as salmon) twice a month. I began to use my olive oil dressing I make to my salads as well.

I also began acupuncture to improve my fertility three months before I conceived. I can tell you it had a direct impact on my cycles immediately- my O date moved back to what it did when I conceive DS1 and my cycle length was restored too! I swear by it (although I believe it sways boy, but I just wanted to get pregnant after all I had been through).

HTH, and GL to you!!!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170] Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD[emoji166][emoji171][emoji166] for my DH!!

atomic sagebrush
December 18th, 2015, 01:15 PM
You don't have to do the fertility diet 110% though. ANY changes you make towards cutting back on carbs will only help. Think of it as the 80-20 rule...you get 80% of results from 20% of effort and to get that remaining 20% of results, you have to shell out 80% of the effort. So just do the doable and if some choc finds its way into your mouth now and then, that is fine, it doesn't cause your eggs to poof into dust or anything.

1moregirl
December 19th, 2015, 05:35 AM
hahahahaha! Poof into dust - love it. Thanks Atomic. XxforHubby - what do you think made you conceive a 3rd boy with your last girl sway Hun? And has it been recorded somewhere that acupuncture for fertility sways boys - as I was seriously contemplating doing this as well but now I'm thinking twice. Lol!

XXforhubby
December 19th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I was taking a supplement, for non-swaying purposes, that caused my fertility to tank. Then I ended up needing to take vitamins and switch my diet, to improve my fertility just to get pregnant. I believe these things contributed greatly.

Had I not been on that supplement and needed to work to improve my fertility, I think it may have been different. Who knows though!

I do think acupuncture would sway boy on paper just because it improves fertility and balanced hormones.

My advice is- If it's not broke, don't fix it! Just because your numbers are borderline, or you are concerned by your age, I wouldn't try too much to add things to improve your fertility. You may not need to. I fell into that trap and I don't know if things would have ended up differently. I would stick to what sways, and TTC for a bit. Then if you don't get a BFP after a few months, then you can cut out or add things.

FX and GL to you!!

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Most of this stuff is guesswork because no one has any interest in helping us unravel this mystery.

On paper, everything that improves fertility seems to sway blue and hence we try to avoid unneccesary things that may boost fertility. It doens't mean you can't do those things and still get a girl, that's just the thinking behind our recommendations.

1moregirl
December 19th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Thanks so much XxforHubby and Atomic. Yes I do believe what you are saying about the acupuncture and diff things with swaying and increasing fertility. You know I often wonder if my IG sway contributed somehow to that last miscarriage I had (I may well be wrong, it most likely was just the chromosomal thing and a dodgy aged egg) but perhaps myself and DH were doing too much and overdid it somehow. All this business with too much calcium, magnesium, cranberry and I had DH taking these things as well and maybe he didn't even need to. I really went all out and felt like I'd done as perfect a girl sway as I possibly could have - I'm sure that's what made my miscarriage all the more difficult to deal with. We put soooo much of ourselves into swaying (some of us even into just conceiving as well) and then to get hopes when we conceive only to miscarry later on. Awful. My heart really aches for ladies who have had more than one miscarriage or a stillbirth. I never mention it much but I had another miscarriage when I was very young (19) - it didn't effect me much though because I didn't even realise I was pregnant until I had a heavier than normal period and fainted. It was still an awful experience to have that young but I hadn't had my hopes up as babies were the last thing on my mind at that time. Anyway, I just hope and pray with all my heart that God blesses me with one last baby (preferably a girl, but just a healthy baby would be perfect). Perhaps I am a bit greedy in wanting a 4th but I really don't want to end my baby making days on a low after a miscarriage. Does that even make any sense? And I want to do this next sway more naturally. All this business with checking and tampering with ph and hormones is going to go out the window with me this time. It has to be much more relaxed. I'm already taking Elevit every 2nd day at the moment and 2000mcg folic acid a day. I'm going to buy the ubiquinol tomorrow and get started on that. Plus doing as best I can on the Atomic Fertility Diet. And will do our attempt in Feb or March with BD every 3-4 days and one at positive OPK. How does that sound? I can't even remember what timing we did for the last sway attempt - I think it was every second day. But I remember with our third child (boy) we weren't being intimate that often but the time we conceived we did DTD twice in a row and the second time was doggy - and obviously that got us a boy. Hopefully this time BD every 3-4 days and having DH riding his bike to and from train station every day will happy up our odds of a princess.

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2015, 12:10 PM
Yes that all sounds just right. I totally understand about wanting to go out on a high note. Wishing you the very best of luck and LMK if I can help