PDA

View Full Version : Friend of mine preg at 42.

1moregirl
December 19th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Yes I found out the other day that a new friend of mine who is 42 is 8 or 9 weeks pregnant with her 3rd baby. She already has 2 little girls - a 3 and 1 year old. She also suffered a miscarriage a few months before I did but it was earlier on in the piece so happened all on its own. I'm really really happy and excited for her and just praying that this one works out for her. I couldn't believe how healthy and great she looked - lovely rosey red cheeks. With each of my 4 pregnancies I looked absolutely awful from week 6 - 13 (all day severe morning sickness) so was awful pale faced and like something out of a zombie movie. Lol! If I am blessed enough to conceive again in the New Year I will not be able to take zofran - I know everyone says it's safe but I have read online of women having mysterious miscarriages while taking it when they had had successful pregnancies before whilst not taking it (perhaps just coincidence but I don't want to chance it). I will have to keep things the same and fare with putting up with it or maxalon if I have to. I really hope it happens. Even being out and about lately doing Christmas shopping and seeing Mum's with their newborns just makes me feel such yearning again. To feel a little one moving inside your belly, to hold them in your arms for the first time after their birth and to feel them suckle at your breast. I just want to experience it last time. I would absolutely be over the moon if I had a healthy baby girl again, but if it's a boy I will be just as happy if he is a healthy one and I will have the peace that I gave swaying my best damn shot and couldn't have tried any harder. Sorry for rambling and if I don't get back her beforehand I wish all of you lovely ladies a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :) xx

Faithinpink
December 19th, 2015, 06:20 AM
Hi 1moregirl,Congrats to your friend all the best to her.. I was on maxalon while pregnant with my last child, i had really bad morning sickness all day long and all night its totally safe. Yuck i hate that feeling of morning sickness.. Hope it doesn't happen again, i only suffered it with him and that's why i thought he was a she , bcos they say morning sickness only happens with girls.. Untrue!!!
Yes i get u with that feeling of feeling a little one in ur belly just such an awesome feeling and then giving birth to them and holding them for the first time that's why i decided to have another cause i look at my children and see how quick they grow and i thought in not ready for this to be over i want to experience it more one time and in gonna give it my all , not stress , not freak out and if its another boy then its gods will and i will still be happy ... Just praying for a girl but mostly above all a healthy bubba.. ������

atomic sagebrush
December 19th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Congrats to your friend!

Zofran DOES NOT CAUSE MISCARRIAGE. A study done in 2000 women using Zofran, 600,000 pregnancies studied overall, Zofran, Pregnancy Nausea Drug, Won't Harm Fetus (STUDY) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/zofran-pregnancy_n_2776753.html) is worth way more than the speculation of a handful of women online, who had a miscarriage while on Zofran. There are many of us on here who had 1,2,3,4 or more pregnancies before having a miscarriage (without taking Zofran) that is the way it goes, most women have one over the course of their lives. PLEASE do not try to go without Zofran if you need it. You may end up making yourself very ill or jeopardizing a pregnancy if you cannot keep food and prenatals down.

1moregirl
December 19th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Thankyou soooo much ladies. I did take maxalon for my first two pregnancies and it worked ok. Not as well as the zofran did, but just for my own mental state and anxiety I think this next time I need to keep things familiar and go with what I know worked for me in the past. I would just see how I go I guess. Maybe last time I got soooo sick because the pregnancy was not right from the very start. When I was pregnant with my third I would vomit every morning from week 6-12 but I would be OK for the rest of the day so I could handle that again. Anything for a normal healthy and sticky pregnancy. Yes I am praying everything goes well for my friend this time. And I get sooooo excited to hold a newborn again with having a few friends pregnant. It's just the most special thing in the world that a human being can experience, in my eyes. The birth of a precious little baby to cherish and adore. If only they didn't do soooo much growing in that first year. Lol!

Faithinpink
December 19th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Yes better to go with what has worked for you . Good luck
Hopefully new year brings us PINK ...HEALTHY ... BUBBAS'
:princess:xx

1moregirl
December 20th, 2015, 05:26 AM
Yes FaithinPink. We will be thinking and praying for pink for 2016. All the best of luck to you as well. When are you going to be making your attempt? I am thinking of Feb or March (just want to get our little girl started and settled into starting her prep year at school first at end of Jan).

more pink
December 21st, 2015, 11:27 PM
Hate to sound Debbie Downer here , but you were a lot fertile yourself at 42 fast forward 2 years at 44 now your body has changed a lot !! Crazy how few months make day and night difference :O Praying you get pregnant with a healthy sticky bean soon :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

1moregirl
January 18th, 2016, 04:54 AM
And updating that my lovely good 42 year old friend has safely made it to the 12 week Mark and her recent scan showed a healthy baby, plus thwt Harmony test showed low risk for Downs and a healthy baby boy growing away. So I was super excited for her, because she has two girls and is getting a boy and because the pregnancy is going well for her. She had had a miscarriage after her second daughter. :)

1moregirl
January 18th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Hi 1moregirl,Congrats to your friend all the best to her.. I was on maxalon while pregnant with my last child, i had really bad morning sickness all day long and all night its totally safe. Yuck i hate that feeling of morning sickness.. Hope it doesn't happen again, i only suffered it with him and that's why i thought he was a she , bcos they say morning sickness only happens with girls.. Untrue!!!
Yes i get u with that feeling of feeling a little one in ur belly just such an awesome feeling and then giving birth to them and holding them for the first time that's why i decided to have another cause i look at my children and see how quick they grow and i thought in not ready for this to be over i want to experience it more one time and in gonna give it my all , not stress , not freak out and if its another boy then its gods will and i will still be happy ... Just praying for a girl but mostly above all a healthy bubba.. ������

How are you going FaithinPink? Have you started any attempts with your girl sway yet for this New Year? I wish you all the best in getting a BFP quickly with a healthy little pink bean. Xx