PDA

View Full Version : Gender prediction pattern theory

Laura1991
December 28th, 2015, 01:32 PM
hey everyone not sure where to post this but my husbands auntie has this gender pattern theory I want to test to see if she's right. She said that you will either follow your mum and dads gender pattern or your oh parents gender pattern for example my grandparents had 3 girls my mum and dad had 2 girls, my OH comes from a BBG pattern and we have a boy so by that it should mean my next would be a boy as I'm following MIL pattern. Hope this makes sense please help me prove her wrong haha It also doesn't work if there has been any losses that are of unknown gender, my mum lost a baby after me so we don't know if she is following her parents or my dads x

trifecta
December 28th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Not in our case: my parents had a GBG, DH's parents had BG. We have BB.

mandyp85
December 28th, 2015, 06:52 PM
I am currently following my mums pattern, she had BGBBBG, and I have BGBBB (last boy I am still pregnant with) I really hope to continue with this and finish my family off with a sister for my daughter next time around.

Laura1991
December 28th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Wow you've followed it exactly, I've tried this on a few women and it has been freakishly accurate!

has2gentlemen
December 28th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Doesn't work in mine or anyone in my family's case- my mother had GG, my sister had BG and I have BB, my sisters mil had BBG, my mil had GBB. My SIL (h's sister) has BG and her mil had BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitty0911
December 28th, 2015, 09:59 PM
My mom had GGG. Her mother had GGBGGB BUT she did miscarry two girls, each before each boy. My MIL had BGB. My BIL had GGBG and SIL had BGB. I have BBB. Our family actually has a "curse" supposedly passed down from my father's side. My father's grandmother had only daughters, my grandmother had only sons, my father had only daughters and I have had only sons. So my boys should give me a ton of granddaughters :)

purple
December 28th, 2015, 10:38 PM
My mum had BBGG (first B is a half brother I never met as he was adopted out).

My grandmother had GBG and my other grandmother had BBBBBB.

So far I'm either following mum's pattern or my dads mum. If I have another boy next I won't be having 3 more to see if I'm following grandma!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

trifecta
December 29th, 2015, 12:08 AM
It doesn't hold up for my or my husband's families if we look at our mothers'/grandmothers' generations either.

Laura1991
December 29th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Do you think you could of been following your mums kitty0911 as she went BGB and I noticed you lost a baby in between your two boys sorry to hear so that could of been girl maybe? And what about your OHs side purple?

atomic sagebrush
December 29th, 2015, 03:19 PM
It's nonsense. There is no one in my family that this works for at all. How would your body even "know" what your MIL's pattern was?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

My mom had GGGB, my MIL had BG, I have BBBBG

My MIL had BG, her MIL had BBBBBG, her mom had BBBG

My mom had GGGB, her mom had GBB, her MIL had B.

My sister has BG, our mom has GGGB, MIL had BB

I could go on and on with literally every person I can think of having no relation to their parents' pattern of offspring.

Babygirlquest
December 29th, 2015, 03:25 PM

atomic sagebrush
December 29th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Do you think you could of been following your mums kitty0911 as she went BGB and I noticed you lost a baby in between your two boys sorry to hear so that could of been girl maybe? And what about your OHs side purple?

Please don't waste your time, this just isn't true. I could list off 3 dozen people who I know IRL and online and none of them follow this pattern (as I'm sure you guys probably understand I pay a LOT of attention to the genders of people's families and have for the last 9 years :)

atomic sagebrush
December 29th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Not true for us either. My mil had BGBG and my mum had GGB. I have four boys, my sister in law has two boys. My mum had no losses. Don't know if my mil did but it still is totally wrong for us. In fact my mum's mum was from a very girl dominant family although she had just one brother. I'm similarly built very like my mum and we are similar so it's surprising I have so many boys!

:agree: my great grandma had 6 daughters and 2 sons at the end, and then some of her kids had girls, some had boys, some had both, and all their kids had a pretty even split with my cousins having lots of BG pairs. My husband's grandma had 5 boys and 1 daughter but all her kids had BG pairs and then all their kids had BG pairs, except for us, sitting there with 4 boys LOL.

Laura1991
December 29th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah it was just for a little bit of fun that's all and just coz I have tested it on mine and OH family and it be correct I was just curious if it worked for other women

Laura1991
January 1st, 2016, 03:17 PM
Does your family have a gender pattern? If so what is it? - CafeMom Mobile (http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/11123769/Does_your_family_have_a_gender_pattern_If_so_what_ is_it?next=1)
Found this aswell another reason I believed there could be some truth to it

queen-of-harts
January 2nd, 2016, 01:54 AM
My grandma had gggbbgg my mom had gbbgb.On me dads side my great gram had 1g my grandma had bbgb.we have bbbbbbb so not any pattern for us.My siblings all have bgb.....gg.....ggggb.....g

Mrs_Bx
January 18th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Not right for me my mum has 2 G and mil has GB. And I have 4 boys x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura1991
February 12th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all your replies ladies :)

Lissastick
September 3rd, 2016, 11:55 PM
DH family is GGB
His mom's family is GG
His dad's family is OMG so many kids: BBBBGBBG ?
My dad's family is GBGB
My mom's family is GGB

My family is BG

We have one B...
Pregnant right now...we'll see if it hits the coincidence of my family and my dad's family. Lol!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk