PDA

View Full Version : Pos opk & hpt 9 weeks after m/c please help

Princess Mom
December 29th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone, any advice to calm me down is much grateful! Short story I had miscarriage October 26th my follow up spot around 2nd week November ultrasound showed everything was clear.
At first I wanted to wait to march to ttc and be on LE diet for a while longer. I switch to vegetarian middle November. I started birth control pills Nov 22nd and completed then December 12. I didn't continue them because they got me sick. I started light period well what I think was a period December 13 for around 4-5 days. I started to temp last week around what should of been cd 8
My temps been screwy up and downs so that why I'm confused.
I keep getting positive opks. My cm is not white and creamy now egg white.
Got a positive on first response opk I switch to them because Walgreens brand were awful!
I then took a first response hpt and it is faint positive at around 2pm with only 30 minute hold.

I called my doctor and might go in tmrw to be checked. Why would I have a + opk and + hpt?
My ept hpt I took around December 9 was negative

I will attach my chart and photos of hpt its light but pink in person

First photo is my chart which I thought I was ovulating cd 13
Second photo first response opk today
Third photo is frer pregnancy test taken today around 2pm with only a 30 minute hold so very diluted.

atomic sagebrush
December 29th, 2015, 06:52 PM
I think it's because you're pregnant. I think you may have ovuated coming off the pills, it happens sometimes esp. when you have only been on them a short time.

Pregnancy can make positive OPK too. I also don't think that OPK is totally positive anyway.

I'm going to give you tentative congrats but looking forward to hearing what doc says tomorrow.

Princess Mom
December 29th, 2015, 07:08 PM
How about my chart atomic? Temps see low? I'm so scared and confused? I will be getting another box of test right now and test with fmu. Thanks for responding I knew you give me advice you are awesome as always

ksmom
December 29th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I got a pos opk with DS1 around 12-13 dpo and it's what prompted me to test. I hope this is your rainbow baby. Congrats! :)

Princess Mom
December 29th, 2015, 07:28 PM
I hope so too!

Princess Mom
December 29th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Best of luck to you also! Hope we get our pink beans

Princess Mom
December 31st, 2015, 04:19 PM
Test seems a tad bit darker will test again tmrw morning
Dollar tree test came out darker! That is strange to be darker than frer will head to Doctor on Saturday. I'm praying this is a healthy bean

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2016, 02:42 PM
How about my chart atomic? Temps see low? I'm so scared and confused? I will be getting another box of test right now and test with fmu. Thanks for responding I knew you give me advice you are awesome as always

your chart is meaningless, I"m sorry. In order for a chart to tell us something, there has to be more than a handful of temps. we are looking at patterns and a few temps in isolation don't reveal the pattern.

Sometimes the dollar tests are more sensitive than FRER.

Any update??

Princess Mom
January 3rd, 2016, 10:16 PM
Hi, I went to Doctor yesterday. Ultrasound showed no left over tissue thank God. But my lining was thickened which either means I'm very early in a new pregnancy or period is coming soon. Test today was still very faint. Doctor test was negative so was my ept. My temps now are high so I am thinking I did already ovulate, and I guess their just a small amount of hcg left over which is strange and hoping to get blood work tmrw!

I just want to move past this and become pregnant again. My son will be 2 tomorrow, I really just want him to have a sibling close in age like my other two are.
If it's a Girl I will be over the moon if not, then I will be blessed either way.

Here a new photo of my chart.
First response opk are still + but test line was darker than control line on new year eve and day and I have cramping on New Year's Eve.

Maybe I ovulated on New Year's Eve? All I can do is wait but AF is due Saturday if If my bleeding in the beginning of the month was indeed a period.

purple
January 4th, 2016, 04:52 AM
Did you dip the OPK and the HPT into the same pee at the same time? I think I read that you can cause false positives that way but I'm not sure how true it is.

The chart does look like you ovulated recently.

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Newest chart does seem to show ovulation :agree:

Good luck for quick BFP!!

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Did you dip the OPK and the HPT into the same pee at the same time? I think I read that you can cause false positives that way but I'm not sure how true it is.

The chart does look like you ovulated recently.

I ahve heard that a couple times too but cannot wrap my brain around why that is. None of the places I have read this were at all reliable.

purple
January 4th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I ahve heard that a couple times too but cannot wrap my brain around why that is. None of the places I have read this were at all reliable.
Yeah no idea... maybe I will try it with my cheapies as I know I'm not pregnant.

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 09:57 PM
Yes, if you have a minute to do an experiment for us! Everything I've read has been from a sketchy source and it would be nice to hear this from someone I trust!

purple
January 5th, 2016, 04:57 AM
I tried it today using a cheapy test. My opk has a faint line (not + yet) but nothing at all on the HPT. I even put them in so they were touching.

It would probably be better to test with a decent HPT but I don't want to waste my good ones :)

Princess Mom
January 5th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Took another test today and now it seems darker and more pink. Two days ago it was lighter than what it was before that test
Waiting on call back from doc office

Princess Mom
January 5th, 2016, 11:45 AM
My hpt two days ago was fainter then it was on new year eve now today at 8dpo hopefully going by fertility friend my one hour urine showed up around 2 minutes and is pink not gray, my insurance has to be changed next month to see my normal ob so I'm sitting around trying to get in my primary care doc to do blood work

I also weighted myself this morning and I am 109 I haven't weight this from maybe 11 years old. I'm getting pretty scared i been doing vegetarian from November the ending of it.

atomic sagebrush
January 5th, 2016, 02:22 PM
That sure looks positive to me, Princess.

up cals till weight loss stops. No ifs, ands, or buts about it! EAT!!

atomic sagebrush
January 5th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I tried it today using a cheapy test. My opk has a faint line (not + yet) but nothing at all on the HPT. I even put them in so they were touching.

It would probably be better to test with a decent HPT but I don't want to waste my good ones :)

Thank you so much! Don't you dare waste a good one! If it was true it would happen with the cheapies too. THANK YOU!!

Princess Mom
January 5th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I finally got an appt with my family doctor for blood work tmrw! Then switching to my ob I need to switch my insurance first but so happy I am finally getting somewhere lol can't wait for my blood work and tmrw test

essnce629
January 5th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Wow, those hpts really look positive to me! I think you're newly pregnant again! Good luck and I can't wait to hear what your blood work shows!

Princess Mom
January 6th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Hpt today still faint I am just sad and thinking frer are just sensitive and I have a small amount of hcg left over, I am headed over to doc in an hour.

Princess Mom
January 6th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Also worried maybe me losing so much more weight since cutting out meat will effect me fertility wise? I'm not sure. I'm finally having blood done and hoping to get quick results, either way I'm staying positive and if I am not pregnant well then hopefully soon I will be.

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2016, 01:10 PM
keep us posted! no more weight loss!!

Princess Mom
January 6th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Waiting for blood results tomorrow, I am not trying to lose weight I just I'm? Not sure why? Maybe due to cutting meat out? I will try to eat more better lunch.
I'm 109 and 5"6

Princess Mom
January 7th, 2016, 03:31 PM
UPDATE hcg was 3 yesterday so they said it was left over still, which is crazy for 10 weeks post. But just happy everything else is fine and onto my new cycle. Which should start in 4 days,

atomic sagebrush
January 8th, 2016, 01:32 PM
I don't care if you have to eat a side of beef, if you need meat to get your appetite up, then do it! Go to McDonalds TODAY, girl!

If you lived here in Washington like I do I would prescribe a MJ cookie LOL.

Princess Mom
January 8th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Haha you are awesome! McDonald's sounds good hahaha!!!! Thanks atomic!

Princess Mom
January 10th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Just noting that when I put in "fam" settings in my fertility friend my ovulation date switches to cd 17, so currently I'm 11dpo. Last Wednesday night Thursday and Friday frer went negative yay! As so I thought! Then I start getting some signs and AF should be here tmrw and I always spot before, and no spotting, so I tested this morning on the old straight frer and it darn positive again! But not light like before.

I will retest tomorrow morning and already see my ob on Thursday, so I will go over my chart with him.
But my chart shows I ovulated cd 17 not cd 15 when switch to "fam" settings
I honestly didn't see EWCM this month I was taking Zytrec daily and even Benadryl at night for my allergies and used ky jelly because I been so dry!

Only time we dtd was 4 days before ovulation and 6 days before ovulation, with the "fam" settings, which I heard is more accurate if you don't do opks.
Which I didn't.

Or if I ovulated on cd 15 I'm 13 dpo which late to have a light pink bfp, late implantation isn't good. As so I heard.
CD 17 does make more sense to me and I might of ovulated later than usually maybe due to weight loss or the birth control pills etc.

If I am pregnant which would be weird 4-5 day cut off with all those Zyrtec doesn't make sense.

So I am happy with either bfp or af at this point need to get out of this crazy stage! 29264

essnce629
January 10th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Wow, crazy! Can you post a pic of your latest test?

Princess Mom
January 11th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Yes I have to take a pic of my new one today which is a tad bit darker than yesterday. Just trying to figure out how many dpo I am from my charge. Some ladies on another site said maybe cd 17 or 19 I'm so confused29268

Princess Mom
January 11th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Darn phone doesn't pick it up good but bottom test is from today top yesterday 29270

essnce629
January 11th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Wow, I definitely agree that today's BFP is darker! Based on when you BD'd, I'd agree with FF's cross hairs. It looks like you had a slow rise (first 2 temps), then a higher set of temps, and then a third rise leading to a triphasic chart. I normally have 2 low post O temps like that and a triphasic chart when pregnant. I think congrats are in order. I'd probably go for blood tests again to get a more clear answer.

Princess Mom
January 11th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Thank you! I will be retesting tomorrow morning

Princess Mom
January 11th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Just had some red spotting on tp I'm probably having a chemical :(
Will see what tomorrow brings if I have to try again I won't be doing any Zytrec or gels just hoping my diet will sway and honestly just want to be pregnant

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2016, 06:30 PM
argh I wish I could make that a little bigger.

I freely admit that I don't know WTH is going on. Chart looks ovulatory to me, tests getting darker. I just honestly cannot give you a straight answer here because I just don't know. All the speculatin' in the world won't get us anything here, I think if this bean sticks we will need an ultrasound and then compare to chart in retrospect to know what's going on.

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Spotting doesn't mean you're out. FXFXFX

Princess Mom
January 12th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Spotting today a bit not much just pink. Bfp didn't get darker or lighter :(
Should I still attend my doc visit Thursday? I guess I'm having a chemical :( I hope it isn't my fault due to all my extra weight loss and allergy meds.
I'm currently cutting all that out and on diet now almost 8 weeks. So bummed out I was so happy

ksmom
January 12th, 2016, 10:22 PM
I'm so sorry, I really hope this is your sticky bean. I know how hard it is to not play the blame game but please don't blame yourself. It's not your fault.

Princess Mom
January 12th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Thank you trying to keep my head up and try again

atomic sagebrush
January 14th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Yes I still want you to go to the doc. I don't know what's going on but I think they need to look at ectopic.

Princess Mom
January 14th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Went to doc I'm fine, started a full AF today spotted for 2 days before today.
Bbt temp only dropped today to 97.92 but coverline says 97.71.
Wondering if I should maybe take baby aspirin? I know I need vitamins not sure if I should add parental few days out of week? I'm just taking fiber and folic acid.

Been a roller coaster these past two weeks

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2016, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't take aspirin unless you ahve a known clotting problem. THat is not what is going on here.

Add in Zinc 8-15 mg, iron 30-60 mg, 3x a week. 150 IU iodine every day.

If you are not eating much dairy then add in B12 lowest dose possible and Vit. D lowest dose possible 1x a week.

Princess Mom
January 17th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Thanks,