PDA

View Full Version : Co enzyme q 10

Mischa
December 30th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Hello

I am 36 turning 37 in 2016.

After a talk by my GP about declining fertility I am worried about falling pregnant. I am currently doing a ttc girl sway. I am now modifying it a bit by dropping the hot bath for DH.

I have PCOS and am having long cycles. I am getting a referral to my Ob today to go back on Clomid.

I am wondering if I should include vitamins to improve my egg quality like co enzyme Q 10. I don't want to sway blue but at the same time want to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy.

I would be grateful for your views on this. :)

Many thanks

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
Please don't panic over your fertility, much of that "over 35 decline" is overwrought. There is a gradual (gradual meaning VERY SLOW) decline starting at 35 but it happens really gradually over the course of time, it's not like a switch gets flipped or anything. You had a baby in 2012 you are more than likely going to get pregnant very easily. SO SO SO many of us (myself included) were sold a bill of goods about how we were probably infertile 35 and up and then thought we had to take all these vitamins just to get and stay pregnant. I'll tell you my outcome:
3rd pregnancy - was sure I would be infertile at age 36 took tons of vitamins and ate a fertility friendly diet got pregnant in 2 months - BOY
4th pregnancy - at 39 and was sure I wouldn't be able to get pregnant, took tons of vitamins, etc. got pregnant 1st cycle postpartum - BOY
5th pregnancy - at 41 and was sure I wouldn't be able to get pregnant so didn't bother taking vitamins or anything took me 6 months - GIRL

Here is a really good article about where that "over 35" info came from to begin with (it's data from the 1600's!!!!!!) and what the facts are about preganncy over 35. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/later-moms/52766-older-moms-must-read-article.html

I use Coq10 all the time for pink swayers. It actually may sway somewhat pink when used WITH LE Diet, especially for PCOSers. 200-400 mg coq10 in form of ubiquinol. :agree: Clomid is fantastic and one of our best pink sway tactics, even if you got boys with it before it DOES sway pink.

I would strongly recommend one of the alternate PCO diets for you and you can read about them here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

1moregirl
January 3rd, 2016, 06:13 AM
Hi Mischa. I am also in Australia. I just wanted to say (as Atomic has already) please don't worry about your age. I am 44 years old with 3 children and had my first at 36, my second at 38 and my third at 40. I haven't had PCOS or anything else, but just wanted to tell you that you are most definitely not too old to conceive again. Doctors and obs just get carried away with statistics IMO and tend to panic a bit when you are over 40 and trying to conceive (as I have discovered this year). Part of me still feels stupid now for even thinking about one last pregnancy and baby at my age, but you my dear have plenty of time so I wish you all the best in conceiving again. :)