PDA

View Full Version : How long to be on ubiquinol before ttc

1moregirl
January 3rd, 2016, 06:28 AM
So I have started the ubiquinol. I was nervous about taking it for some reason but it appears to be going ok and I do feel like I have more energy too. We just arrived home today from our time away over Christmas so I am all keen to start doing the AFD seriously. I have been taking 2000mcg of folic acid per day (1000 in morning and 1000 in evening), 100mg ubiquinol per day, and Elevit every second day. Am I taking enough of the folic acid and ubiquinol? How long do I have to take the ubiquinol before our attempt? Is it 3 months (3 cycles)? For the first attempt we are going to BD every 3-4 days using a condom with one attempt without condom when I get a positive OPK (if I get a pos OPK in the morning is it ok to wait to do attempt til that evening)? We will just do the one attempt and that's it. DH is not going to be taking anything (although he is taking a calcium carbonate and Vit D supp at the moment so should I get him to stop that?) MY doctor said that we can test my blood weekly once I get pregnant (if) - just to see if hcg level is rising normally or not - so that we can catch a miscarriage straight away if it happens (so I am not constantly worrying about it). Is there anything else I could be doing to improve this sway? I feel like I am being a bit slack in comparison to my last sway but it's really important to me that I take this lightly and not worry. Part of me keeps thinking what if I make it through the first trimester ok but then I miscarry at some other point in time? I have to try to think positive but I can be a bit of a pessimist so this is really not going to be easy for me. I will have to just not get my hopes up if I get a BFP and just cruise along.

atomic sagebrush
January 3rd, 2016, 03:53 PM
I personally think you need to start TTC straightaway and not worry about the length of time on diet/supps since we may need to wait a bit to catch "Goldie the Golden Egg" when she shows up. :) I would NOT have you hold off for 3 months for ubiquinol, diet, or any other reason. 3 months may be the difference between a baby and none.

I would also have you be more aggressive with attempts and do every 4 days plus one at pos OPK but if you prefer to start off with one attempt that's up to you.

It's always possible to get thru the first tri and then have a loss later on. It's unfortunate but it does happen. All I can say is what got me thru my last pregnancy was just every time I worried, I asked the baby to stay with me and she did. :) Not sure if it helped at all but I did find it calmed me down a lot.

1moregirl
January 3rd, 2016, 06:29 PM
Oh dear...I recently ate a lot over the festive season and gained a tad bit of weight as well. Prior to Christmas I was 8 or 8.2 stone and now I'm 8.5 stone. Today I am on CD 14 and no sign of any CM as yet and had all pebbles on my ferning thing this morning. I am going to buy some OPK strips this morning as well. We have BD so far on CD 11 and 12, so that's prob not enough is it? We are meant to BD every 4 days starting from CD 1 aren't we? I really would feel better if I at least do the ubiquinol the rest of this cycle and do the attempt the next cycle. Would that be ok? I've really only been taking the ubiquinol for a week now. Also, if I have 2 slices of whole meal toast for breakfast what can I have for lunch? So used to just having a sandwich for lunch. Or if I have a sandwich for lunch what cereal could I have for breakfast? Plus I am not going to be Oing on a new moon for the next however many months so I will just have to ignore all that.

purple
January 3rd, 2016, 09:49 PM
You can start every 4 days any time before O really. This cycle I just started cd10 but I always O later than cd14.

A week or two of weight gain won't destroy your sway.

Don't worry about the moon as it's not an important sway factor, that just comes from all the ions rubbish from the other place.

1moregirl
January 4th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Thanks Purple and Atomic. I'm still trying like mad to get DH fully on board. At one stage the I almost had him in agreement to try for one last baby, but he seems to have changed again after all I am trying to do in preparation (folic acid, ubiquinol, fertility diet). I text him at work yesterday about it and he text back saying 'try the postman, but if that happened I would be with my bags by the door.' So I replied back, 'well if you don't agree to try you might find yourself with your bags by the door anyway.' I've tried explaining til I'm blue in the face but he doesn't seem to be getting the message. What if I let him have his way and forfeit this last try only to end up regretting it and resenting him for it? And I know that time is running out. In my head, I've given myself til March-April to try and even if we conceived then I will be 45 and having a baby (if it sticks). I don't want to do it any later than that. So this is it...what the hell do I do to persuade him?

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Yes you can start e4d at any point in the cycle (well before O of course)

Since DH isn't on board I think the decision is made for us for now. I'd back off and let him mull it over, sometimes they come around over time.

Don't worry about the moon, that doesn't work anyway.

I answered the other qu's in your other thread I think. :)

1moregirl
January 5th, 2016, 12:54 AM
Might be another accidental miracle like our third bub. ;) fingers crossed