PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Fertility Diet

1moregirl
January 3rd, 2016, 07:02 PM
I tend to already just eat mainly chicken during a week, plus one serve of a red meat and another of beef mince meat, but I don't like salmon. In one week, how many times should I eat chicken? Should I just have one night per week of red meat (steak or mince) and is there another meat I can have instead of the salmon (e.g. Barramundi)? What are some good substitutes for bread? If I have 2 slices of wholemeal toast for breakfast what can I have for lunch? If I have two slices of wholemeal bread in a sandwich at lunch time what should I have for breakfast? Thanks in advance.

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 08:10 PM
You don't have to eat salmon, I usually ahve people sub in red meat if they don't like it. :agree:

I like the salmon in particular because it has a good level of fat in it AND it's safest for mercury. I can't comment on any other fish because I haven't researched all of them (white fish doesn't have a lot going on and some other fatty fishes are really mercury-laden and not safe when TTC), so I'd do red meat instead. You may want to sub in avocado for the salmon but keep in the 1 serv. red meat because avocado is a good fertility food.

Instead of counting the number of times to eat chicken, I think you should look at your overall protein intake keeping in mind you're going for 50-60 g a day. You could actually have it daily, provided that you were sticking in those limits every day. Or, you may want to have it some days and not other days - like say you had a day where you had eggs and your red meat serving instead, you may not want to eat the chicken that day.

I would try to think outside the box in terms of bread. You could have eggs and/or potato for breakfast, soup and/or salad for lunch - no need for bread. I often ate a baked potato or baked sweel,t potato for lunch when I was swaying, 3-4 times a week usually. A yogurt/fruit bowl or smoothie is another possiblitiy. If you like cheese, I often have just some ****s of cheese with fruit or veg for a meal