PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding and cramping low hcg?

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 02:38 AM
I'm 4w 6d today and this morning out of the blue I started getting period pain type cramps. I went to the toilet and there was blood drops/clots plus pinkish blood when wiping. This continued throughout the morning I was only bleeding when peeing. I went to the ER and was given an internal ultrasound but I'm too early to show anything. My hcg level came back at 47 (I'm 21 dpo). I go back in 48 hours to recheck my levels. My bleeding has now turned dark red and is stringy plus I'm seeing clots - sorry if tmi but my cramping pretty much stopped around lunchtime and now I only feel a minor ache here and there but the bleeding is still happening almost every time I go to the toilet. I'm still not seeing much blood on my pad in between. Has anyone here had a similar experience and was the outcome good or bad. I've googled so much and have read both good and bad and I know I need to wait for my next blood test to know for sure but the stringy/clotty blood has me thinking it's over. I just wanted to hear from people from a site I trust. Thank you

Violet Winter
January 4th, 2016, 03:38 AM
Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. My thoughts are with you. xx

Magical22
January 4th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Oh no no no no no, I'm so so sorry!

Hoping everything is ok!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 03:50 AM
Thank you Violet and my cramping is slowly coming back so I probably shouldn't have bothered posting this.

Hi Magical and yes it looks like it :(

I'm still trying to grasp how I could be happily pregnant when I woke up and now I wont be pregnant within probably the next 24 hours or so. I'm just gutted and in a state of disbelief I suppose.

True Blue
January 4th, 2016, 04:15 AM
Pbn3 I'm so so so sorry to be reading this!! Hoping against all hope for you xx

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Thank you True Blue

purple
January 4th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Oh no Pbn :( I'm so sorry.

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Thank you Purple.

Foxcubblue
January 4th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Oh pbn, I'm so sorry to read this. I'm afraid this is pretty much how it started out for me with my miscarriage in August, but I know other people have had both bleeding and cramping and things turn out to be fine. Praying for you right now.

The Anchor
January 4th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Oh no pbn. I'm so sorry, but it doesn't sound good. Praying for a miracle for you.

mylittlegirl
January 4th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Sorry Pbn3, I really hope everything turns out good for you!

mammacass
January 4th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Thinking of you Pbn and sending big hugs XX

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Thank you foxclubblue. Do you mind my asking how long it took after you first started bleeding? My cramps have stopped and I didn't feel any during the night. I had no additional blood on my pad but still bled when I went to the toilet after waking.

XXforhubby
January 4th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Thank you foxclubblue. Do you mind my asking how long it took after you first started bleeding? My cramps have stopped and I didn't feel any during the night. I had no additional blood on my pad but still bled when I went to the toilet after waking.

Oh no Pbn3!! I had cramps and bleeding too around 21DPO with my most recent pregnancy. I passed a few clots- they were small though around nickel size. I was diagnosed with a SCH, subchorionic hemorrhage, that resolved around 6 weeks. It was a super stressful 2 weeks!

I'm hoping and praying that your betas go up and this is just your bean snuggling in nice and tight!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Xxforhubby do you remember what your levels were?

Foxcubblue
January 4th, 2016, 03:04 PM

I had a very light smear of blood about 5 days before I started cramping, and thought nothing of it. Then it was the Sunday when I started bleeding and cramping more. It was quite light and mucousy for the first 24 hrs or so (only really there when wiping) then increased to a medium flow. I miscarried on the Thursday. Sending big hugs and lots of love

XXforhubby
January 4th, 2016, 03:09 PM

20,000 something. They thought I was having multiples or my dates were wrong. None of which was true!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], DS3[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

maidentomother
January 4th, 2016, 03:14 PM
With my miscarriage, once I started spotting I began cramping severely/vety painfully almost immediately and within an hour was full out bleeding heavily with lots of clots, like an extreme AF. I never had any breaks in my bleeding or cramping until I finished miscarrying 4 days later. I didn't have betas done during it, but I hope my distinctly different experience means you might yet hold onto your baby. I was almost exactly 5w along when I began to miscarry.

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Thank you maiden. I get my bloods done in 24 hours so that will at least provide some closure I'm hoping. It sounds awful but I just want it over and done with. This waiting is the worst and still allows hope to sneak in but then there's more blood/more clots and hopes are dashed again.

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Yes it's not what we would want to see that's for sure. There are many of us though, me included who had even very heavy bleeding and cramps and did come out of it with a baby. :pray:

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 09:28 PM

Remember though you can't compare betas with other people - it matters what your levels were to start with, if you started off with HCG of 0 (totally normal) and then it doubles over time, you end up with a much lower level on the same day as someone who started off with HCG of 5 (also totally normal)

Example: 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 12, 24, 48 versus

5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320 and so on

Still both could be totally viable pregnancies

Pbn3
January 4th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Thank you Atomic. Tomorrow morning seems like it never going to get here. It's just so hard to imagine a positive outcome with the bleeding I'm having. Every time I go to the toilet (which is constant for whatever reason) I feel like I'm watching my baby being flushed away bit by bit. Sorry for the negative words and description but I just don't know how else to express it. 20 hours until blood test and will hopefully have results by lunchtime. I'll update then.

netti02
January 4th, 2016, 09:57 PM
Have everything crossed for you pbn xx

Mum to 4 Boys awaiting her Princess

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Not at all PB - we totally understand. Thinking of you and hoping for good news. :heart:

True Blue
January 5th, 2016, 12:39 AM
Pbn I had bleeding, some quite heavy from 7 weeks until 17 weeks this pregnancy & had a visible bleed (SCH) on U/S until 21 weeks.

Pbn3
January 5th, 2016, 01:31 AM
Wow True Blue I cant even imagine how stressful 10 weeks of bleeding must've been. I'm so happy its all worked out for you!

Thank you everyone for sharing and your kind messages.

pinkin2011
January 5th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Pbn , I am so so sorry I must of missed this thread yesterday! I hope you get good news tomorrow xoxo

jennypenny
January 5th, 2016, 04:12 AM
Hiya, so sorry to hear of the horrible situation you are going through.

I have miscarried before and it started of with light bleeding on and off and then built up to heavy.

However, I also had bleeding with both pregnancies of my boys, once really bad bleed over a couple of days with ds2. My sister also had a heavy bleed and cramping with her ds2 and we were all shocked when it turned out everything was OK.

Praying that you have a good outcome xx

Pbn3
January 5th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Hcg level dropped to 34 so miscarriage confirmed. I do one more blood test to rule out ectopic pregnancy next week but it's highly unlikely and just a precaution. Thank you again everyone for your support.

mammacass
January 5th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Oh Pn I'm so sorry [emoji17][emoji22]

netti02
January 5th, 2016, 07:09 PM
So sorry you are going through this pbn hugs xxx

Magical22
January 5th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Gentle hugs sweetie, I'm truly very sorry!

mommymachine
January 5th, 2016, 07:51 PM
PBN I'm so sorry.

essnce629
January 5th, 2016, 08:13 PM
So sorry Pbn3. I truly wish no women ever had to experience the pain and heartbreak of a miscarriage. I will keep you in my thoughts and sending healing vibes your way.

TaytumJ
January 5th, 2016, 08:20 PM
So sorry Pbn3. So many prayers and love heading your way - it's so heartbreaking and never easy. [emoji17]

XXforhubby
January 5th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Pbn3, my heart goes out to you! This is just plain unfair! Huge hugs!

maidentomother
January 5th, 2016, 08:35 PM
:( Take care of yourself and rainbow pink dust to you.

Pbn3
January 5th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Thank you ladies. Oddly I'm actually doing ok. I accepted this as a loss when I started bleeding and had no illusions it was going to turn out any differently so I think this really helped. I know I'll continue to grieve on the inside but unfortunately or maybe fortunately we don't have the luxury of falling apart at home with a family to take care of. I feel I dealt with the rawest of the grief at the hospital on Monday when all this unfolded and they were kind enough to leave me in a room by myself awaiting results so I could cry my eyes out privately.

covered in blue
January 5th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Oh I'm so sorry Pbn3 :(. Big hugs xx

djmommy
January 5th, 2016, 09:32 PM
I am so sorry to read this Pbn. I hate seeing posts like this because it is just not fair. I am sending you prayers and hugs.

Foxcubblue
January 6th, 2016, 03:02 AM
I'm so sorry PBN. sending hugs and prayers xx

True Blue
January 6th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Oh Pbn I'm so so sorry, lots of love & support headed your way :hugs:

jennypenny
January 6th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to read this! It's just so unfair :(

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Thinking of you Pbn. :heart:

Violet Winter
January 6th, 2016, 09:18 PM
I'm so sorry Pbn3. My heart goes out to you.

Pbn3
January 7th, 2016, 11:54 PM
I thought I should update even though I'm more confused than ever. I went in this morning (48 hours) since last test instead of waiting until next week. So my betas came back higher instead of lower this morning. So far Monday was 47, Wednesday was 34 and now Friday (this morning) was 57. The lady assured me that the pregnancy was not viable but still couldn't rule out ectopic pregnancy. I have to wait 5 freaking days to get my next blood test. Also I've had only very light bleeding and barely spotting since Wednesday night. I'm so confused :( Does this not mean baby is still growing if betas are higher (even though not quite doubled) or is it irrelevant because they dipped between tests? Why do I have to wait five days? Why has my bleeding basically stopped after 3 days? I know its unlikely anyone will have answers but did anyone have their betas fluctuate? I haven't had an appointment to ask any of these questions the lady I dealt with said I may need to make one pending next weeks results and she's just been ringing me with the results. All she said this morning was "sometimes they fluctuate". Looks like I'll be spending my afternoon trolling the internet although a good friend has already had a look and there's not much on there :(

netti02
January 8th, 2016, 12:01 AM
I don't have any personal experience with this but i do find it strange they have gone back up. The time frame may be to give it enough time to get a clearer picture rather than drawing bloods in 2 days in which may require another blood test after that. Thinking of you

atomic sagebrush
January 8th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Have they not suggested a scan to see if it's ectopic???

The rule of thumb with losses is, there is no rule of thumb. Yes, I've seen them go up and down. I agree the pregnancy isn't viable and your body is just holding on for some reason. I am VERY reluctant to have you do anything that might kickstart things due to the possibility of ectopic so I think we have to watch and wait. I am not trying to scare you at all, but if you feel funny or ill at ALL (even something seemingly unrelated like pain in your shoulders) I want you to run, not walk to the ER and explain the situation using the word "ectopic" a whole lot so they take it seriously.

BunnyGirl19
January 8th, 2016, 01:24 PM
I had a pregnancy between #3 and #4. When I started bleeding heavily my levels were dropping between 48-hour draw, so I was put in weekly testing to follow until 0. My levels were still dropping at the one-week test but at the two-week test they'd gone back up quite a bit. They scanned and found I'd miscarried one baby (there was still evidence of the sac), but I still had another baby developing in there. I ended up miscarrying a couple weeks later because there were other issues, but I've seen women bleed with dropping and then rising levels againand go on to continue the pregnancy. I've seen it go the other way as well.

Pbn3
January 8th, 2016, 02:36 PM
I had a internal u/s on Monday but the u/s tech said it was too early to see anything at 4w 6d. She was clearly annoyed as she made quite the point of telling me 'I told them there will be nothing to see' before firing questions about my bleeding at me. When I get a blood test next Wednesday I'll be 6w 1d. I know the pregnancy isn't viable I just hope there has been enough growth to be seen and I really really hope it's not ectopic. This limbo is quite terrifying :( I'm ringing my obs office on Monday to find out if she deals with these situations so I can hopefully start seeing her intead. I had a couple of glasses of wine last night so I won't have any more and I won't exercise if this is what you mean about unintentionally kickstarting something? My mind was in such a state after all the reading I had done I needed something to take the edge off. Needless to say it took forever to sleep.

Bunnygirl I read quite abit about the vanishing twin situation however I have lost all pregnancy symptoms. I aslo started temping yesterday and my two mornings temps are very low back down to between af and o temp range. I'm so sorry yours didn't work out at the time.

True Blue
January 8th, 2016, 03:01 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2016, 12:52 PM
I had a internal u/s on Monday but the u/s tech said it was too early to see anything at 4w 6d. She was clearly annoyed as she made quite the point of telling me 'I told them there will be nothing to see' before firing questions about my bleeding at me. When I get a blood test next Wednesday I'll be 6w 1d. I know the pregnancy isn't viable I just hope there has been enough growth to be seen and I really really hope it's not ectopic. This limbo is quite terrifying :( I'm ringing my obs office on Monday to find out if she deals with these situations so I can hopefully start seeing her intead. I had a couple of glasses of wine last night so I won't have any more and I won't exercise if this is what you mean about unintentionally kickstarting something? My mind was in such a state after all the reading I had done I needed something to take the edge off. Needless to say it took forever to sleep.

Bunnygirl I read quite abit about the vanishing twin situation however I have lost all pregnancy symptoms. I aslo started temping yesterday and my two mornings temps are very low back down to between af and o temp range. I'm so sorry yours didn't work out at the time.

I would register a complaint about the tech because s/he does not need to let her conflicts with coworkers spill over onto people who are undergoing losses.

The wine won't hurt anything, I'm talking about things to possibly get the uterus to cramp and make it a little easier for your lining to start to shed. That would be a bad idea to do that if there is a pregnancy in the tube so we won't do anything along those lines.

Pbn3
January 10th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Thanks atomic. And agree with comment about tech but I wont bother registering a complaint unless I get her again and she's rude once again. I contacted the lady I've been dealing with yesterday and explained I'm not coping very well with waiting and could I please come in and get blood tests today (monday) instead of waiting till Wednesday. She's agreed to see me at 12. Not sure if its for bloods or maybe a counselling type session but hopefully I'll have some clearer answers on where this is going and what the next course of action is by today. Just hope my boys behave themselves lol, unfortunately I have no choice but to drag them along. Might bribe them with McDonald's lol.

2xblue
January 10th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Pbn, I just saw this thread! I'm so sorry you're in a limbo. Hopefully you will get answers soon. I've been thinking about you. Hugs.

Pbn3
January 11th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Ok so today was not what I expected at all. Didn't even get to see the lady I've been dealing with. Waited for an hour with two very bored little boys only to see a man doctor who I think couldn't get me and my (by then) screaming youngster out of his office quick enough. Basically said I was to start weekly blood tests and my body 'should' take care of things naturally. Come in if I'm in pain or bleeding heavily. I wont even bother saying what he said about the 'm' shot or d&c it was laid out in a horrible and thoughtless way. No scan unless my levels reached 2000 as in his own words 'we've got no idea where it is it could be anywhere'. Needless to say I was very pissed off by this point and left. Rang my obs office and got to speak with the lovely head nurse. Pleaded my case and they've agreed to see me. Not only did she sort a referral out for me she's already organising paperwork for a scan to rule out ectopic and locate tissue (my ob believes I may have had an incomplete miscarriage). I am so very grateful I cant even put it into words. So hopefully fx I can book in for a scan on Wednesday and see my ob by Friday. Feel like the biggest weight has been lifted off my shoulders! Oh and while telling me about the 'm' shot (I call it that because its too hard to spell) he said I wouldn't be able to ttc for 18 months.....

netti02
January 11th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Geez pbn. That doctor is a douche. This is why im always skeptical of doctors and their opinions because that's all they are really. Glad you have a plan in place xx

netti02
January 11th, 2016, 02:44 AM
I think with the 'm' shot, i don't think it's as long as 18 months but im not 100%

Pbn3
January 11th, 2016, 02:46 AM
I thought it was 3 months netti but maybe that varies country to country? Not sure either. I just cant wait for the scan I think it will bring the closure I need to finally fully accept what has happened.

netti02
January 11th, 2016, 02:48 AM
I thought maybe 3 at most 6 months.
Thinking of you and wishing the time away for your scan xx

maidentomother
January 11th, 2016, 04:34 AM
It's 3 months with the metho shot. Dr was totally a douche! Good luck with your ob hun.

Pbn3
January 12th, 2016, 02:10 AM
Great news! I have a scan tomorrow and appointment with ob on Friday :) its bizarre feeling so happy about something so awful but I'm just so glad not to be in limbo (providing the scan goes well). I hope its ok to keep posting about this to the end I find it therapeutic I guess to be sharing my little beans story.

purple
January 12th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Good luck tomorrow Pbn! Sorry it hasn't been so straight forward for you!

netti02
January 12th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Best of luck pbn xx

Magical22
January 12th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Good luck pbn, definitely keep us updated, I keep thinking about you

ksmom
January 12th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Just now saw your update. I'm so sorry you're in this in-between stage. Good luck tomorrow Pbn and I hope you get some answers!

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Thinking of you!!!

Magical22
January 14th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Thinking of you I hope your well, do you see your ob today I hope you get some answers.

XXforhubby
January 14th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I'm hoping and praying that you get answers soon. Huge hugs!!

DS1[emoji125]🏼, DS2[emoji577], & DS3[emoji602] completes our family [emoji170]!

Pbn3
January 14th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Thank you magical and xx! Not long home from doctor and its looking good. What I thought was a blighted ovum/sac on my scan isn't, I guess thats why they say for doctors eyes only lol. My uterus is clear and at normal size as are ovaries. I have another blood test Monday to make sure hcg is still going down and if it does then I'm pretty much in the clear :) She cant completely rule out ectopic until those results but is fairly confident it isnt. Such a relief!!

BunnyGirl19
January 15th, 2016, 12:06 AM
That's good news then, not being left to just worry.

Pbn3
January 15th, 2016, 12:33 AM
It's a big relief Bunnygirl! I feel 90% relieved and just need hcg to drop again to feel 100% :)

purple
January 15th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Good to hear everything appears normal. Have you thought about what you plan to do now? Hope you are coping with the loss ok.

Pbn3
January 15th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Thanks Purple :) I'm doing ok. I'll take some time after I have 100% confirmation that it's over to get my head around what has happened if thats even achievable. My ob said no ttc until at least march so I have some time to decide what to do :)

purple
January 15th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Fair enough, it does take some time to get over it. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to try again for a while after my m/c. Ob's do tend to be cautious with their advice, I was also told 3 months after my m/c when trying for #2 but decided just to wait one month because of the d&c, I didn't get pregnant until about 6 months later but I wanted to try.

Magical22
January 16th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Glad things are looking like it wrapping up then you can put all this behind you and try again, I know focusing on that helped me deal with my miscarriages.

After my miscarriages I waited 6 weeks before ttc again, I actually conceived ds2 on that try after my d&c.

March is when my FET is, I just know we are meant to be pregnant together lol.