PDA

View Full Version : Increasing high Hcg but measuring 2wks behind and not fetal pole

signingmommyfor3
January 7th, 2016, 04:35 PM
HCG betas:

1/2 (Sat) 50,000
1/4 (Mon) 72,000
1/7 (Thur/today) 110,000

Went to ER on Saturday, which was 7wks based on LMP or 7w2d based on O', due to some pain and spotting. DX with 3 infections, dilated pelvic vessels, and cyst on right ovary. In ultrasound the ER dr said there was only a yolk sac and was measuring 6w0d. So they checked my betas and told me it was possible I was having miscarriage but was too early to tell and to get betas checked again on Monday.

Monday I went and betas increased. But Ob called and wanted to be cautious due to ERs finding and wanted me to come in on Thursday for scan and betas again. Today, Thursday, betas are still increasing and both the tech and dr said they were high. Today would be 7w5d based on LMP or 8w0d based on O'. But There was still only a yolk sac and no fetal pole still, yolk sac still measuring at 6w0d just like Saturday. There was second yolk sac in the same gestational sac right next to the first sac but it was lighter and looks like it is deteriorating (vanishing twin) which he said could be the reason my betas are high and that the other sac hasn't developed a fetal pole yet because my body was dealing with 2 yolk sacs. He said he can't say confirmed yet because no fetal pole and heart beat which again he said is weird because betas are high. Wants to do another scan in 2 weeks to see if I have progressed. If I have then all is good, if I haven't I have lost both babies and not just 1. I feel more discouraged now than before even though my Hcg levels are going up. Anyone know of a possible good outcome to measuring 2weeks behind and without fetal pole?

maidentomother
January 7th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Oh hun. I'm so sorry to hear this, what an awful limbo to be in. I'm not very knowledgeable in this arena but I do think (and feel) that it's quite possible the one twin will be just fine. I hope you get more definitive answers soon and I'll be praying for you.

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2016, 05:05 PM
If you are 7+ weeks and there is no change, that's a blighted ovum. I assume they checked your tubes? Could infection cause this?

signingmommyfor3
January 7th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Dr said that it is not a blighted ovum because there is a yolk sac and it is in the uterus. He acted like the one would be fine but he did talk about options if I'm miscarrying. He didn't seem as concerned as I am because he wasn't at the ER to see their measurements. No change in size but a new yolk sac and not fetal poles yet.

maidentomother
January 7th, 2016, 06:24 PM
What infections exactly, do you know? Where in the body was each?

signingmommyfor3
January 7th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Yeast infection, pelvic infection, and UTI

maidentomother
January 8th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Id be most concerned about the pelvic infection. Any idea how serious it is?

signingmommyfor3
January 8th, 2016, 08:54 AM
It's not very serious, they said it was slight. Only one full blown is the UTI. The Ob didn't want to believe I have a pelvic infection. I'm just tying I grasp at straw that I don't lose both of my babies.

maidentomother
January 8th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I'm so relieved to hear that. Fx for your bub and hoping you heal up quickly, UTIs are so awful.

atomic sagebrush
January 8th, 2016, 01:52 PM
I think you're in good hands with your doctor being proactive. FX for happy outcome! I also had a vanishing twin that ended with a happy healthy baby.

signingmommyfor3
January 8th, 2016, 03:56 PM
im honestly hoping for a misdiagnosed miscarriage since I have a slightly tilted uterus which makes it harder to see a fetal pole till later. Again grasping at straws.

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2016, 01:02 PM
They couldn't see my pregnancy at 13 weeks with my tilted uterus. FXFXFX

signingmommyfor3
January 16th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Well I went in for the private scan Thursday and they told me that my uterus isn't slightly tilted but it's really tilted and at this stage because babies are so small and having a tilted uterus it's hard to do a abdominal ultrasound and they don't do vaginal ultrasound there. They were able to confirm that the gestational sac is growing, in 7days measurements went from 6w0d to 7w3d, and there is blood flowing to the gestational sac. She didn't see a reason for concern and They said that I could come back in 2 to 3 weeks for another private ultrasound for free since they were able to do anything really See anything at this one. Have an appt with the Ob this Thursday and he will do a vaginal ultrasound but for now I feel that at least 1 baby is in there growing.

purple
January 17th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Sounds promising :) Hopefully it is just a case of it being hard to see with a tilted uterus. Did you have early scans with your boys?

signingmommyfor3
January 17th, 2016, 02:16 AM
Yes could see them by 7weeks, and I didn't have a tilted uterus until this one.

nuthinbutpink
January 17th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Are you 9 weeks with no heartbeat?

essnce629
January 17th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Sounds promising! Hoping everything is fine and it's just the tilted uterus causing problems. So odd that it was never tilted with your previous pregnancies! I wonder why that is?

signingmommyfor3
January 17th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Are you 9 weeks with no heartbeat?

Technically yes but it's because it was an abdominal scan and they couldn't see anything due to my tilted uterus.

nuthinbutpink
January 17th, 2016, 06:56 PM
They can still see a HB. If they saw a sac or something, they would have been able to see a HB. You should be able to have a NT scan in two weeks! I am not sure why they are doing this and not seeing if you HCG levels are dropping.

signingmommyfor3
January 17th, 2016, 08:54 PM
They did test my Hcg and its increasing and really high, as of Friday I was at 155,000. That is why the dr didn't seem concerned.

purple
January 17th, 2016, 09:47 PM
My hcg didn't get anywhere near that high when my baby was measuring a week to 10 days behind. It increased a little but I think the highest I got was 28,000 at around 8 weeks before the m/c at 9wks. I have my fingers crossed you will have a very different experience!

signingmommyfor3
January 18th, 2016, 03:22 PM
I was able to convince the Ob to see me today and I wish I hadn't. Baby never developed. I am scheduled for a D&C Wednesday. Ob will monitor my Hcg levels and then we will ttc again.

The Anchor
January 18th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Oh no signing I'm so sorry...

1moregirl
January 18th, 2016, 11:17 PM
I did respond elsewhere but I'm soooo sorry for your loss signing. I was really hoping and praying this one would work out for you. X

ksmom
January 19th, 2016, 12:37 PM
I'm so sorry Signing. :(

signingmommyfor3
January 24th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Well I was hoping to O by the end of Jan/beginning Feb following my D&C but it looks like that may not happen, back in the hospital with 103.2 temp with severe infection. Dr told us it was okay to try again right away after these antibiotics, now on IV antibiotics. I really want to get back to ttc and conceiving again.

netti02
January 25th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Ohhh no good signing. Fx you get better soon xx

Mum to 4 Boys awaiting her Princess

essnce629
January 25th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Oh no Signing, I'm so sorry. I hope the infection clears up quickly and you're back to ttc in no time. Sending lots of healing vibes your way!

mammacass
January 25th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Sorry this is happening signing, have been thinking of you. Hope you have the all clear soon x