PDA

View Full Version : Is IG 'dead'?

alice17
January 8th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Sorry if it is rude to post this here.. but I just tried to log on (to contact someone) and it is "service unavailable"..end of an era if true..so glad we have the new site(s) to find everybody:LotsofLove:

Pixiedoll
January 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
nope was on it a few minutes ago, but it's harder and harder to log on
x

Lillylolly
January 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM
It seems to be fine for us UK girls. Very strange.

Hollie86
January 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
it says service unavailable for me too :( But it is great that we now have this site to come to! I love it here :) Alice17, by any chance did you put anything in any of your posts about this site? Might just be me being paranoid, but since i made a whole post telling people to come check out this site, i havent been able to get to IG. Just keep getting that same message!

nuthinbutpink
January 8th, 2011, 03:55 PM
It is just not being maintained period. Unless Maureen cleans it up, it will not get better. I tried to post there but Tamara will probably delete it and the monkeys keep eating posts.

alice17
January 8th, 2011, 05:51 PM
The actual site no longer works but the forums can be accessed..but they don't work any more. IG is dead..
Hollie 86..I don't post on IG any more (it is no longer relevant for me, now that my family is complete), I participated in the Secret santa and my gift hasn't turned up yet, so I check in occasionally to see if she posts that she got it :-)

AnnaG1
January 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I cant get on at all- Service Unavailable- knew it was coming

ThinkPink
January 9th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Just tried to log on and worked but it wont let me search or anthing! I find each time I went on I was getting more and more of those monkey error messages and then more recently the service unavailable ones. I dont think its long!!

dramabird
March 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know the "dirt" behind the site's decline? I know that Maureen used to post like crazy and seemingly vanished. I was always a lurker and never went down the Gold Member path, but it looks like a lot of people got mistreated/neglected while trying to purchase that service.

I'm just curious as to why someone who was so dedicated to a site and topic would abandon it. But real life and online life can be very different and the former does have to trump the latter (although hopefully not to the point that you cheat people $12 at a time ...).

I wonder if Tamara will eventually come this direction? (Although we have Atomic, so we're in good hands! :)

lindi
March 23rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
It is just not being maintained period. Unless Maureen cleans it up, it will not get better. I tried to post there but Tamara will probably delete it and the monkeys keep eating posts.

why would Tamara delete your posts?

Typical_Jules
March 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
IG is dying for sure, i tried to log in the other day to no avail...will we ever find out what happend to IG, most likely not, im pretty sure there are some that know, but not telling...

3Pink1Blue
March 23rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Tamara had posted that Maureen had renewed the sight till 2013 but it still sucks, if no one is going to maintain it then good riddance.

nuthinbutpink
March 23rd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Really, a website renewal is never in question. It is setup to auto-renew so it required no action on her part to do so. There is just nobody maintaining it and it is not setup properly.

I understand at some point not wanting to deal with it but the Gold thing- taking people's money- there is no excuse for that. She could delete the paypal account if she wanted to and nobody would be able to even try to purchase it. It would take her all of 2 minutes to do that.

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 08:38 PM
I wonder if maybe they are doing some clean ups and it is down for that???? I can not get in either?

nuthinbutpink
March 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
It would not have to be down to clean it up. I am about to make a good number of changes and it should not go down at all. Fingers crossed!

In the past, if she was actually making changes, there was a different message- not the error type ones- that would tell you it would be down, and when it would be back up. That is definitely not what is going on.

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Weird.. oh well we have here now =)
IAH - I prefer it here ;)

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 08:50 AM
IG is working atm, I posted 3 times refering people to this site :bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know the "dirt" behind the site's decline? I know that Maureen used to post like crazy and seemingly vanished. I was always a lurker and never went down the Gold Member path, but it looks like a lot of people got mistreated/neglected while trying to purchase that service.

I'm just curious as to why someone who was so dedicated to a site and topic would abandon it. But real life and online life can be very different and the former does have to trump the latter (although hopefully not to the point that you cheat people $12 at a time ...).

I wonder if Tamara will eventually come this direction? (Although we have Atomic, so we're in good hands! :)

Tamara will never leave IG. She told me so. She is totally welcome here if she wants to join us though!

The weird thing is that not even the most inside of insiders know what happened. They are all as hurt and confused (actually quite a bit more so) as anyone else. I have no understanding of or explanation for what happened and I personally feel highly guilty because I encouraged people to buy Gold and they got ripped off. :( I do worry that something very very dire must have happened in Maureen's personal life to lead to this turn of events.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 09:39 AM
They will delete posts referring people to other sites as "spam" for reasons that are rather beyond me.

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Well, this site is the competition, so it is understandable. And it is thanks to Zivic Bubac that I am here.

Bella21
March 25th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I am here because someone mentioned it on FF. I'm so glad they did. Though I expect FF will delete the post if they come across it!

nuthinbutpink
March 25th, 2011, 07:25 AM
What is FF?

Wishing4Emma
March 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM
FF or FertilityFriend is a fertility charting website that has forums, etc. It's great for those who are just trying to get pg in general, but it does NOT cater to those who want to do GS. I used to be on there (before I went to IG and now I'm here :bigsmile:) and I remember someone posting about GS. The rest of the ladies on there "ate her alive." It was bad...

Jojogirl
March 25th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I have heard no one can get it to work properly. I don't even bother anymore!

carsuk
March 25th, 2011, 02:37 PM
ig is really bad today

Chicky
March 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I am so glad I found a post about this site on IG. I did all my research on there for my sway 2 years ago and planned to go back on to sway this time...if I hadn't found out about this site from a post on there recently I would've been lost on my sway for this time around!! There is not much activity over there anymore.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I got on IG earlier today.

Typical_Jules
March 25th, 2011, 11:19 PM
:sigh:yes i was on earlier fought with the monkeys, won some lost some

Yuzu
March 26th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I like it here a lot. I had purchased a Gold membership at IG and am more than a little peeved that I only got a couple of months use out of it. It's not right at all. But I'm so glad to be here!:happy:

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Well, this site is the competition, so it is understandable. And it is thanks to Zivic Bubac that I am here.

In a sense this is true and I could totally understand that thinking. But at the same time, no one is making any money off of either website and IG is barely functional. I don't understand their thought processes at all, it seems FAR more important at this point that we all can stick together somewhere instead of defending a site that is next to unusable. :(

Anyway, I am just glad that NBP gave us this place to hang out and that you guys are all here too!

TulleExplosion
March 27th, 2011, 12:24 AM
In a sense this is true and I could totally understand that thinking. But at the same time, no one is making any money off of either website and IG is barely functional. I don't understand their thought processes at all, it seems FAR more important at this point that we all can stick together somewhere instead of defending a site that is next to unusable.

I agree with you! Sticking together is more important, especially if the other site is barely functioning. It is sad that certain members will never make their way over here. I love the vibe here, very relaxed and helpful. Especially you!!!

Glittergirl
March 27th, 2011, 01:22 AM

Me too! I happened to see a posting of hers asking someone to try this site! i was so frustrated with monkey that I decided to try it:happy:! hey, I never went Gold because didn't tamara's avatar have something about "don't buy gold, it's broken"! I always assumed that's what it meant, so I never went GOLD!

Bella21
March 28th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Anyway, I am just glad that NBP gave us this place to hang out and that you guys are all here too!

Forgive my ignorance. But what is NBP?

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Nothingbutpink =) One of the mods here!!

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Forgive my ignorance. But what is NBP?

Nuthinbutpink! She is the lovely lady who started this site!

purplepoet20
March 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I liked IG because they had the "manuals" which I saved to my computer right away and I also liked that it was easy to see that someone responed to one of my post. I did have from 6-7am every morning to look at a lot of post so I could gather the info I needed. It is sad to think that they are going down hill but I have been wondering if someone put a virus on it because their swayed failed (a lot of people posted some rude comments about swaying) but I know my computers virus scanner went nuts after I opened up one post from someone who was expecting boy #4 after doing a partial girl sway. I stopped using IG around that time. I had already found this forum and I have looked at many other sites and forums.... This one and IG are very close to the same info provided and the support from people!!!

I will stay here for as long as I can even after my baby #3 just to offer what advice I can. When #3 goes off to school and I go off to work then I may no longer be here but that is about 6 years from now :)

Bella21
March 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Nothingbutpink =) One of the mods here!!

Thank you! She is lovely. I pm'd her a question and she was so sweet and quick to answer. I think the information here is much more detailed, informed by research, and also open, than ig. There were certain questions that would be asked on ig, and it seemed like brainwashed robots answered, always identically, as if no new thinking could ever be done, and to do so was like treason. Every time anyone asked about O+12, for instance...

iluvmyman
March 28th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thank you Zivic-Bubac for posting this onto IG so I could find you!

3Pink1Blue
March 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I liked IG because they had the "manuals" which I saved to my computer right away

I did the same thing with the manuals right after dd#3 was born but she's almost 4 and info hasn't been updated. Sure a few recipes were added but there is so much new info is out there and it's just not getting shared. It's sad she would devote so much time to it then let it fall to crap.

stephanie
March 28th, 2011, 08:58 PM
i also was a member of iG and everytime i read a post and went back there was those monkeys it took forever to to read a couple of post then i would be irrated and Go off. there was a post and said this site thank Goodness i wrote it down cause when i went back on it was Gone. i have 3 little boys and want some pink. so where do i bein on here? thanks so much!!!!

nuthinbutpink
March 28th, 2011, 09:01 PM
The gender swaying forum has a bunch of great stickies with a lot of info so you don't have to go digging through thousands of old posts! I'd start there and do some reading! Welcome, Stephanie!

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Thank you! She is lovely. I pm'd her a question and she was so sweet and quick to answer. I think the information here is much more detailed, informed by research, and also open, than ig. There were certain questions that would be asked on ig, and it seemed like brainwashed robots answered, always identically, as if no new thinking could ever be done, and to do so was like treason. Every time anyone asked about O+12, for instance...

She is lovely isn't she :)

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 10:02 PM
i also was a member of iG and everytime i read a post and went back there was those monkeys it took forever to to read a couple of post then i would be irrated and Go off. there was a post and said this site thank Goodness i wrote it down cause when i went back on it was Gone. i have 3 little boys and want some pink. so where do i bein on here? thanks so much!!!!

Welcome Stephanie!

Babushka
March 29th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Hi girls, I have to admit, I was one of those people that bought an IG membership a while back and never got it! I opened a dispute, but because there is no answer/reply from Maureen I never got my money back through Paypal. I HATE to think how much she is making from other girls just like me. It may only be $12 but it would quickly add up. I only wanted to become a member so I could support the site since I was getting so much information from it (much like this one!!). Thank goodness for Gender Dreaming! :)

Wanting a daughter
March 29th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I also got ripped off the $12. Sorry to hear you didn't get your money back Babushka. I was also going to open a dispute but didn't get around to it, obviously no point in trying from what you said. I know what you mean about it only be $12 but it's really the principle isn't it. I hate getting ripped off.
I gave up on IG a little while ago. The chimps also drove me too crazy. LOVE this site. So much info and warm supportive members.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Stephanie, here is a list of the most important info for TTC Pink http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1585-READ-ME-FIRST-Planning-Your-Pink-Sway

and for anyone else interested, here is the one for TTC Blue. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1586-READ-ME-FIRST-Planning-your-blue-sway!

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I liked IG because they had the "manuals" which I saved to my computer right away and I also liked that it was easy to see that someone responed to one of my post. I did have from 6-7am every morning to look at a lot of post so I could gather the info I needed. It is sad to think that they are going down hill but I have been wondering if someone put a virus on it because their swayed failed (a lot of people posted some rude comments about swaying) but I know my computers virus scanner went nuts after I opened up one post from someone who was expecting boy #4 after doing a partial girl sway. I stopped using IG around that time. I had already found this forum and I have looked at many other sites and forums.... This one and IG are very close to the same info provided and the support from people!!!

I will stay here for as long as I can even after my baby #3 just to offer what advice I can. When #3 goes off to school and I go off to work then I may no longer be here but that is about 6 years from now :)

Please let me know how I can organize the swaying info better to be more useful...I have just been doing what feels "instinctive" to me, which is having a lot of different posts on various subjects because I always had a hard time finding things in FAQ and wished it was broken up more, but if that doesn't work as well for people I can arrange it differently!

lindi
March 29th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Please let me know how I can organize the swaying info better to be more useful...I have just been doing what feels "instinctive" to me, which is having a lot of different posts on various subjects because I always had a hard time finding things in FAQ and wished it was broken up more, but if that doesn't work as well for people I can arrange it differently!

I lurked on IG for a while before I came here, and those "manuals" and not being added to the database unless you did 5 of 7 sway factors etc. feels dogmatic and inflexible and gives the impression that every woman will get the same results by doing xyz. I love how your information and ideas really help individuals chart a course that works for them.
I think a similar e-book or manual might be useful for reference off-line, but I think a sound explanation of WHY certain diets, lubes etc sway helps women choose for themselves and prioritize where to put their energies in a sway. You have done such an amazing job with those stickies. They are so well written and clear and awesome.
One question: if the site is not being maintained, who is deleting the posts?

nuthinbutpink
March 30th, 2011, 06:59 AM
FLs have the ability to delete posts if they have those "powers".

ELP
March 30th, 2011, 07:33 AM
IG's driving me nuts, the thoughts of all those ladies with swaying attempts coming up with out dated advice! (NBP, I'm needing an angry face here:wink:) I think it may need a mass spam attack for the good of all swayers! Name changes to Genderdreaming Genderdreaming. Genderdreaming.C or am I just a bit sad lol!(And maybe a cuckoo:bigsmile:)

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I've just posted twice on IG inviting people here:p

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 09:14 AM
FLs have the ability to delete posts if they have those "powers".

Several of the FL's can delete posts and a couple have "special" powers and can ban/block users. They don't all agree on what strategy is the right one, and a lot of them don't like that the references to this site were deleted. Unfortunately those poor gals are just as confused by what has happened as all the rest of us and are all just doing the best they can.

4BlueLooking4Pink
March 30th, 2011, 10:46 AM
The monkeys show up every time I click on links there. Thankfully someone posted to check out this place, I was getting frustrated with IG.

Out of the Blue
March 30th, 2011, 10:51 AM
The monkeys show up every time I click on links there. Thankfully someone posted to check out this place, I was getting frustrated with IG.

Ditto...I'd just discovered IG and found a wealth of info but the chimps just reaaaaaally frustrated me. So thankful I happened upon a post there pointing me in GD's direction. If not for GD, I'd be tearing my hair out trying to get bits and pieces of sway info amidst those darn chimps! WHEW!

tropicgal
March 31st, 2011, 07:25 AM

Yep agree, it is a wonderful resource for all of us swaying but just so frustrating with those monkeys. Thank you so much for all of those that created and contributed essays etc on this site, you ladies are awesome!

angel in a pink sky
March 31st, 2011, 09:43 AM
This was a glitch in the system of IG and I got billed twice for the gold membership at IG and only got a few months out of the membership. Oh well.

nuthinbutpink
March 31st, 2011, 09:52 AM
If you guys used credit cards, you should call and disupte the charges.

gizmo77
March 31st, 2011, 02:24 PM
maybe this is the site owners way of quitting.

ELP
March 31st, 2011, 03:51 PM
There's some shameless plugging of the site going on!!:rofl: Well done ladies:cheer:

Dark Angel
April 2nd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Yep agree, it is a wonderful resource for all of us swaying but just so frustrating with those monkeys. Thank you so much for all of those that created and contributed essays etc on this site, you ladies are awesome!

This exactly! Thank you ladies for giving me a wonderful place to go! :kiss: The Monkeys and the robotic answers were a bit much for me! :sigh:

Bambina
April 2nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
I've never mentioned this site on IG, and I still have full access to it. There's occasionally a monkey screen but no more than before. Sounds like some bitter people are controlling access to IG...not cool!

Glittergirl
April 2nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
I went on last night and posted after several chimp attempts but its getting harder!

queen-of-harts
April 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I am so glad this site is here! During the day i may have 30 minutes to go on ingender while baby sleeps and i spent 25 of it fighing stupid monkeys lol

Iris_star
April 4th, 2011, 04:39 AM
i can get on but soon get monkeys!! its so infuriating lol xxxx

Wanting a daughter
April 5th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I have to say it.... I can't help myself! Chimps are not monkeys, they are apes!!!!! There I said it. Yes, Anal I know...LOL

DoulaMama
April 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I have to say it.... I can't help myself! Chimps are not monkeys, they are apes!!!!! There I said it. Yes, Anal I know...LOL

LOL! I feel a tad bit embarrassed right now....:oops:

CeeCee
April 11th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I lurked around IG for a few months and saved the FAQ’s and cookbooks to my computer until the day I actually started to sway. Now that we are close, I kept getting the chimps, so I couldn’t even join. I stumbled across a thread where someone mentioned gender dreaming and I signed up right away. I like that there are lots of options here and that the mod’s seem to support everyone’s sway and offer great suggestions.

sunnyebsh
April 13th, 2011, 07:12 AM
CeeCee..that's EXACTLY what happened to me..Glad somebody referred my to this site

lovehugs
April 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
It's still there but VERY quiet!

lovemynugget
April 22nd, 2011, 09:12 PM

me too! :) so grateful to zivic bubac. :) xo

lovehugs
April 23rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
I wish we hadn't had to change as I was a member over there for years and years... :(

Bambina
April 23rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
No-one has to change, but I think you'll find it much more supportive here!

Zivic-Bubac
April 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
me too! :) so grateful to zivic bubac. :) xo

Oh, you are most welcome!:happy:

lovemynugget
April 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Oh, you are most welcome!:happy:

I just noticed on your ticker that you are 4 dpo...me too! We can wait together. :)

Zivic-Bubac
April 24th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I just noticed on your ticker that you are 4 dpo...me too! We can wait together. :)

We can definitely wait together:happy: but I'm at 7dpo, those tickers assume I always O at the same cycle day lol!

SugarSpice&EverythingNice
May 10th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I am very new to swaying, and ingender was the first forum I found....a few weeks ago. But you can't register as a new member and it is very hard to read stuff with the monkeys popping up. I was DYING to find the other website everybody was talking about, but it wasn't allowed to be posted on the IG site. I am so glad I stumbled upon the "other" website that people are actually on! (this website lol)