PDA

View Full Version : Can I talk to you about my BFP?

californiadreaming
January 12th, 2016, 11:17 AM
There's nobody around to talk to and I feel like I'm going to explode

I'm pregnant after a miscarriage before I even had my next period.

I began my girl sway all over again last week and then found I was pregnant 4 days into this new sway

My last sway was awesome and I was gutted when I miscarried - I stopped LE diet and cardio when I got my other BFP, then miscarried, then it was the holidays and seemingly I conceived at New Years (which was not the plan, as I worked so so hard on swaying)

So total time off sway (eating boy style in a big way for the holidays) was 5/6 weeks up to conception or 7-8 weeks from first BFP to second BFP if you want to look at it that way.

I'm going to have another boy, aren't I? :(

If it's relevant, we only DTD once in this whole time, so at least we only did one attempt, we were super relaxed on a mini-break and drinking cocktails (but not tons), J&D and I *think* close to ovulation.
However, our calories were through the roof (and I mean crazy through the roof) and I'd been a couch potato for 4-5 weeks

Although I'd lost around 22-24lbs last year, I put on 7lb in between the first BFP in late Nov and the miscarriage/new conception in late Dec, so my body obviously was getting lots of signs that food was in plentiful supply

I'm so happy to be pregnant as the miscarriage was so sad, but I'm gutted that I worked SO hard on my autumn sway and it didn't matter anyway :(

Anyone had a similar experience or want to chat? Any opinions very welcome x

essnce629
January 12th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Well miscarriage sways girl by a lot and since you got pregnant with one attempt immediately after your miscarriage, I think you still have a really good chance at hearing girl! My best friend had 3 miscarriages last year (after conceiving her boys easily) and gave up swaying completely and even gained weight and had completely stopped exercising. They BD almost every day so she had 3 attempts in her fertile window. Well, she is currently 24 weeks pregnant with a girl!!! FX for you!

maidentomother
January 12th, 2016, 12:10 PM
How long were you on the LE before your first BFP? How long did you do cardio?

Congrats on the BFP! It sounds like we Oed around the same time.

californiadreaming
January 12th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Thank you for the encouragement essnce :)

Maiden, I was on LE for around 13 weeks and before that I'd been on another diet for 3 months. I did 13 weeks of intense cardio at the same time as LE diet... but nothing since 1 December...
did you get a BFP too?x

maidentomother
January 12th, 2016, 12:45 PM
I think you have quite a good shot at a girl personally. I definitely think losses sway pink significantly.

I got a BFN when I tested 2 days ago...so probably not. I may test again tomorrow depending on my temp and symptoms. Otherwise I'll try to wait until 15DPO to test again. Since I had fertility drug injections I've no idea when to expect AF. I've had a lot of cramps though and I've never had them before when pregnant, plus my one attempt was badly timed so not too optimistic. I'd love to have a DD buddy though...

djmommy
January 12th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy first!! Well I can only comment on my experience but I was swaying a good 6-8 months with definite cheats along the way. I had been TTC for over a year already and it wasn't happening so I basically stopped swaying, would do LE here and there and exercised here and there as well for about 3 months before I conceived and I had a few attempts (at least 2) in my fertile window and I finally ended up with my BFP and Harmony says its a girl!! So please don"t rule your self out. It sounds like you made significant changes and your body I am sure will recognize that. Good Luck and prayers for a sticky pink bean!!

californiadreaming
January 12th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Maiden I was getting BFNs two days ago! Got BFP last night... you're definitely in with a chance for a few more days yet :)

Thank you DJ - I have no idea how I'm going to get to late-April/early-May to find out... and that's even if it sticks. The waiting is torturous

maidentomother
January 12th, 2016, 01:16 PM
My one attempt was 6 hours AFTER I Oed... not very good odds. But maybe I had better eggs (4 released) so at least one lived longer than usual?

So you think you are 12dpo? I'm 11dpo, makes me want to test now arghhhh!

californiadreaming
January 12th, 2016, 01:20 PM
I think maybe 12dpo +/- a day as I don't actually have a LMP to work off, only the miscarriage which started on 17/18 Dec

Worth mentioning that yesterday morning I got BFN on internet cheapie and a strong BFP on FRER later the same day...

maidentomother
January 12th, 2016, 07:38 PM
How many hours between your negative cheapie and BFP FRER? Was the cheapie a squinter or stark white?

Well I tested at 9dpo with a random German cheap strip, supposedly 20miu sensitivity (their OPKs are decent, so probably they aren't too bad) and a 10miu sensitivity SurePredict (the next best test after FRER) and neither had even an evap, completely stark white with no hint of a line wet or dry. Same urine.

I am a bad urine tester, I don't get positive OPKs etc. So just have to wait, sigh.

atomic sagebrush
January 12th, 2016, 07:45 PM
You ALWAYS have a chance of a girl. Please don't beat yourself up, you never know it may be the universe's way of HELPING you get a DD.

Remember, all these people out in the world, get boys and girls without even thinking about any of this stuff!! :)

californiadreaming
January 13th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Maiden, it was probably 12 hours or a little over between having stark white internet strip and a clear + on FRER (which I thought was weird!), hope that helps

maidentomother
January 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Thanks hun! I'll let you know. I'll be 13dpo in a few hours and still no hint of AF. I didn't sleep well so not sure about my temp, thus part of why I didn't test.

maidentomother
January 14th, 2016, 12:22 PM
BFN last night, haven't tested today. I will test again on Saturday if AF still hasn't come. If still BFN and no AF, I'll get a beta done Monday, 17dpo.

californiadreaming
January 18th, 2016, 11:27 AM
How's it going Maiden?

maidentomother
January 18th, 2016, 12:32 PM
3rd day of AF alas, just took my first clomid dose. Thanks for asking! How are you feeling?

californiadreaming
January 19th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Fingers crossed the climid does it's job this month - sending you lots of positive vibes

I'm OK, just so anxious to see if this pregnancy sticks and find out what I'm having. I'm not even 5 weeks, so have at least 11-12 weeks before I can go to a sexing scan - also I told a few people so that I had someone to talk to but nobody really seems to be very happy or excited for us... and my husband keeps forgetting that I'm pregnant...

maidentomother
January 19th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Thank you. <3

Those early weeks are the mosr difficult, so I'm extra sorry to hear your family isn't being as supportive as you need. I've never understood why people seem to celebrate each successive child less, as each is a unique miracle and deserves just as much attention & excitement. I hope once you pass into the 2nd tri and announce officially that everyone warms up and gives your newest baby its due. *I* am super excited for you! I'd love to hear anything you want to share about what you're experiencing, how you're feeling...I can be your virtual cheerleader hun. Love & light to you both.

Oh and men can be utterly daft about these things. They just don't get it.

Mrs_Bx
January 19th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Wow our experiences of getting bfp seem similar . I am sorry to here about your miscarriage . Me n my husband decided to put off ttc over Xmas so I could eat what I wanted , we also conceived New Years I don't no for sure but I must of ovulated that day or the day after because I got a very strong positive at only 11dpo. I'm gutted I could of ruined our last chance of a girly by not sticking to the diet over Xmas . Fingers crossed you hear pink we should have very similar due dates and sexing scans appts xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

californiadreaming
January 21st, 2016, 04:38 PM
Maiden thank you, that was a lovely message to read -like a sister! part of wanting a girl is that I have no sisters, or obviously daughters - just TONS of boys around me. thanks! crossing my fingers that january is your month - new year, new baby and all!

Mrs_Bx, ahh someone else in the same position! Yeah, it's maddening isn't it?? 3+ months of hard work and then bam, a few weeks off diet and BFP. I am so grateful and so anxious all at once. and then guilty on top... keep in touch x

maidentomother
January 21st, 2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks Cali, I totally understand, I always wanted a sister too. I never had a good let alone close relationship with my mom so I really want to experience that bond.

Fortunately I seem to be tolerating the Clomid and have been feeling more ovarian activity and having more CM much earlier than usual. I really hope to O in a timely manner!

oceancitymom
February 8th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Can I ask why miscarriage sways girl? I also had a recent miscarriage and was going to wait to TTC until I got 12 weeks of LE under my belt - but is it better to try sooner after the miscarriage (mine was in December). Sorry for the hijack. Wishing you a sweet baby girl, OP!

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2016, 11:36 AM
We don't know why it sways pink, we don't know how long the effects last (prob. different depending on circumstance, and you may already be out of the window anyway), and we don't know if one outweighs the other. We DO KNOW that diet longer than 12 weeks has been quite effective for several dozen people so I would stick with diet.

maidentomother
February 8th, 2016, 12:06 PM
To add to atomic's comment, I think most likely that how far along you were when you miscarried probably matters. I would guess conceiving immediately after a later loss would sway more than after a chemical, but it hasn't been studied so just guessing.

californiadreaming
February 10th, 2016, 10:40 AM
I'm now almost 8 weeks along and feeling disgustingly nauseous all hours of the day and night. I maybe had an hour or two of late-afternoon sickness with my first two boys.
I am desperately trying to do as we're told by Atomic (not read into different symptoms) but I can't stop hoping for pink.
I feel so gross, only want sweet foods and my usual pregnancy cravings (bacon, burgers, fries, cheese) make me feel worse. I have another 4 weeks to wait until I can guess at a 12 weeks scan and the days are *dragging*

If relevant, I conceived 14 days after my miscarriage and was almost 7 weeks along at the time... the miscarried pregnancy was conceived on 12 weeks of LE diet but the new pregnancy was during the holidays, with a fews weeks on a diet of meat, cheese, wine, snacking and little exercise. BD only once....I wish I had more clues!

maidentomother
February 10th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Fx for pink calidreaming! I take it you aren't getting an early blood test.

californiadreaming
February 12th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I don't think I can justify the cost, so no blood test for me :(

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I'm now almost 8 weeks along and feeling disgustingly nauseous all hours of the day and night. I maybe had an hour or two of late-afternoon sickness with my first two boys.
I am desperately trying to do as we're told by Atomic (not read into different symptoms) but I can't stop hoping for pink.
I feel so gross, only want sweet foods and my usual pregnancy cravings (bacon, burgers, fries, cheese) make me feel worse. I have another 4 weeks to wait until I can guess at a 12 weeks scan and the days are *dragging*

If relevant, I conceived 14 days after my miscarriage and was almost 7 weeks along at the time... the miscarried pregnancy was conceived on 12 weeks of LE diet but the new pregnancy was during the holidays, with a fews weeks on a diet of meat, cheese, wine, snacking and little exercise. BD only once....I wish I had more clues!

Symptoms don't predict gender. You knew I was going to say that!!!!

I had the least amount of sickness with my girl and my 2nd boy. My other three boys I was very sick. :/

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I know it sucks but I recommend waiting one extra week til 13 weeks because 12 is not reliable for gender and also usually harder for them to get a good shot.

californiadreaming
February 15th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Thanks Atomic - it's down to the NHS to assign my scan date so let's hope it's closer to 13 weeks than 12! And I'll book a private scan for 17 weeks :)

californiadreaming
February 20th, 2016, 11:17 AM
ARGH! They assigned me 11 weeks + 6 days.

I may have to tell a little white lie about being out of town for a few days until I'm at least 12+4/5...

Would 12+4 still be too early do you think? I really would like a good chance at a 12 weeks guess. Maybe I should just outright ask for 13 weeks...

maidentomother
February 20th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Maybe ask if they have an appointment on the days you are 12w6d-13w1d?

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Yes I'd have some emergency come up! 12 4 is def. better than 11 6 but not as good as 13th

californiadreaming
February 26th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Best I could get was late afternoon on 12+5... feels like a lifetime of waiting!

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2016, 10:43 PM
That's def. in the wheelhouse. :) Good luck!

californiadreaming
March 14th, 2016, 01:57 PM
IT'S TOMORROW! 12+4 today, and my scan is tomorrow at 12+5. I am SO nervous - I don't know whether to look as much as possible, not look, and just rely on the pictures, ask the tech/not ask the tech...

I got a pink manicure today as if it would actually sway my luck!!!

I'm going to be praying for a really clear image, and for lots of you to be online tomorrow to translate it for me. I think I will be too jumpy to really rely on my own guesswork

atomic sagebrush
March 14th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Good luck CD!!

sharon
March 14th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Oooh goodluck :baby::giggle:

californiadreaming
March 15th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Photos on the Ultrasound forum, now dated ahead at 13 weeks exactly! Please guess for me :) thank you all for the support xx