PDA

View Full Version : Ubiquinol - have I been taking enough?

1moregirl
January 18th, 2016, 11:00 PM
I have been taking 100mg of ubiquinol on capsule form per day. Is this enough Atomic? I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that 400mg was advised. Also, am I supposed to wean off this when/if I get a BFP? If so, how on earth do I do that with capsule thingies? Or do I just stop them when I get a BFP? Thanks so much. I thought I had posted these questions somewhere else Hun but I couldn't find where.

trifecta
January 19th, 2016, 01:14 AM
I can't answer your dosage question but I think you wean off by first going down to every other day, then every two days, etc, over several weeks. Good luck--I'm glad your husband agreed to one more shot!

1moregirl
January 19th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Thanks Trifecta. Yes it's good he's agreed to 'one more go'. I guess one shot at first OPK is all I can do and we'll give it our best shot. Thanks for letting me know about the ubiquinol weaning. :)

ever hopeful
January 19th, 2016, 04:27 AM
Unlike baby aspirin, I didn't wean off at all and I was taking 400 mg for about 4 months before HT and was absolutely fine, but not sure if this was sensible for not. Good luckx

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2016, 01:57 PM
RE's have people on 400-600 for HT rounds. I used to have people only do 100, sometimes of late I'm upping this to 200-400.

I have people wean off just because it seems sensible. Gradually spacing doses

If you ask these q's in just one thread it saves me a lot of time. I try to answer every q that is posted and when the same question is posted in several threads, that just eats time that I could be doing other things. Thank you.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2016, 01:58 PM
to wean off gradually space doses further and further apart till down to one per week, then drop.