PDA

View Full Version : Fibre - is it rec for older Mums?

1moregirl
January 19th, 2016, 04:36 AM
Is fibre recommended for older Mums swaying girl? I know there's stuff like mega fibre and Metamucil, etc. should you take one of these if doing the Atomic Fertility Diet? I think all of a sudden I've realised how close our attempt is and I am hitting panic mode a bit. I really want this to work, even if I have a sway opposite. I'm also worried I haven't been taking enough ubiquinol (100mg instead of 400mg like some others), and not sure which BD pattern to follow. When we last got our girl we had BD on O-6(unlikely to have contributed to BFP), O-3, O-1, O day and O+12 (or day after O). I had been thinking of repeating the pattern a bit by doing 3 days before O, day before O, day of O and day after O, but now I'm don't know. I know timing is the least important sway factor too so I don't know why I'm so fixated on that detail. I was going to do BD every 3 days (so a gap of 2 days in between BD days) using condom and one attempt at pos OPK without condom (as DH has agreed to). What should I do? All advice sooooo welcome.

maidentomother
January 19th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Timing doesn't sway, not at alll, not even a little bit! Just have your one attempt at positive OPK. Every 3 days with a condom is great, you should have nice healthy sperm.

I believe fibre is fine for older women, not completely sure about on the AFD...but I know of more than a few who use both tactics and one was 38+, so it has been done. I would do it personally...especially if you won't have been on the diet for 12+ weeks when you attempt.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2016, 04:06 PM
If you'd been on it months and months with BFN I might eventually have you phase it out, esp. if you were getting a really short LP. I think it's fine for you to take for now, although if you're only trying one month

I NEVER recommend that many attempts BUT since you are in a hurry to get pregnant, if that gives you peace of mind, it is of course up to you. If he's using a condom most of that time, then that still only counts as one attempt anyway.