PDA

View Full Version : Period late....?

1moregirl
January 20th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Usually I would have my period by now, as lately my cycles have shown I O on CD 17 and my period will start up 12 dats later. Today I am officially 14 DPO and no sign of period as yet. This is really odd. Yet I can't be pregnant as we always use condoms. Can being on antibiotics delay O? Maybe I Oed a day later than I thought? I don't know. Just when you think you have a consistent pattern going on it all goes and chsnges.

purple
January 21st, 2016, 05:19 AM
Did you chart with temps to know for sure you O'd on CD17? My guess is your O date might be wrong although condoms aren't 100% but unless it split or something it would be unlikely you are pregnant (I think, I'm not a condom expert as we don't really ever use them)

maidentomother
January 21st, 2016, 11:22 AM
If you've been sick that probably delayed O. 99% of the time it's why AF is late, bc you Oed later than you think.

1moregirl
January 22nd, 2016, 02:06 AM
I have been charting on FF but not taking BBTs. I got 2 days of pos OPKs on Cdays 15 and 16. I have usually been having AF arrive at 12 DPO but today is officially 14DPO and no sign. I have even worn a pad all day just in case. And I wasnt really sick as have had this bowel infection since 2011 - unless it was the Flagyl medication and delayed O. DH is scrupulous with condoms and I'm sure he'd notice if one was broken and/leaking. Oh well...time will tell.

maidentomother
January 22nd, 2016, 12:17 PM
I know you've had the bowel infection for a while but maybe it only recently started to be bad enough to affect your cycles? Or it's just an off month, no one is perfectly regular.

Most likely you Oed 3-5 days after that first positive OPK or you got a 2nd surge significantly later after you'd stopped using OPKs and Oed then. That could be any time.

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2016, 08:04 PM
yes, being on antibiotics and also being ill can delay O. FWIW I am finding that I am having mondo LP lately 15-16 days fairly regularly (I am 45)

Other possibility is also that you didn't O when you think you did.

1moregirl
January 22nd, 2016, 11:02 PM
Is it possible to O twice in the LP? I have had some wet EWCM again today which is most unusual. I thought I had the AF pains coming but then they totally went away. Really strange. I would be excited I was pregnant if we had had our try that last cycle, but we didn't. We usually BD for a while and then put a condom on to help prolong things as well because DH has a bit of PE. Thanks ladies. Will keep you posted. I guess it will show up soon.

1moregirl
January 23rd, 2016, 03:11 AM
Ah thank heavens. It's just arrived so was obviously just a bit delayed and probably because of the Flagyl. I'm super excited now too because now when I am due to O next it will be during a week of new moon, even though I'm still a bit of a skeptic about all that but every little bit helps doesn't it?

purple
January 23rd, 2016, 05:37 AM
I often get EWCM just before AF. I think it is due to progesterone dropping.

Good luck with this cycle!!

maidentomother
January 23rd, 2016, 09:40 AM
Actually fertile CM before AF or even mid LP is usually due to estrogen surging, but that's kinda what you meant. :) It happens to me some cycles too.

1moregirl, I do believe that Oing near the NM sways pink. Fx for you!

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2016, 04:46 PM
Is it possible to O twice in the LP? I have had some wet EWCM again today which is most unusual. I thought I had the AF pains coming but then they totally went away. Really strange. I would be excited I was pregnant if we had had our try that last cycle, but we didn't. We usually BD for a while and then put a condom on to help prolong things as well because DH has a bit of PE. Thanks ladies. Will keep you posted. I guess it will show up soon.

No. You can eitehr have a false ovulation with symptoms that never actually end in O, OR you can have EWCM 7 DPO when you have your secondary estrogen surge, OR many of us find we have 1-2 days of watery discharge or even a bit of EWCM a day or two before AF (and also a corresponding higher sex drive as well)

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2016, 04:49 PM
I often get EWCM just before AF. I think it is due to progesterone dropping.

Good luck with this cycle!!

Estrogen and progesterone are kind of "dance partners" who work together so when one is on the low side, it enables the other to take action and be more noticeable in terms of symptoms and temps. There's a teeny boost of estrogen sometimes at the end of the cycle and the combo of low P and higher E can make a bit of EWCM and increased sex drive for some of us.

1moregirl
January 23rd, 2016, 04:56 PM
Thanks sooo much ladies. Yes I finally got AF late yesterday afternoon so was happy about that, unusually. Lol! Getting ready for attempt and trying to stay positive, brave and level-headed all at the same time. I just worry how I will react if I have a repeat of last time.