PDA

View Full Version : Getting nervous....

1moregirl
January 22nd, 2016, 11:50 PM
I'm starting to feel nervous about this coming sway attempt. It's probably ridiculous, but I'm worried that either one attempt won't be enough, or, if it is and I get a BFP, that it will end the same way it did last time. Maybe I just have AF on its way (late) and I'm just feeling extremely emotional but I just have all different thoughts going through my mind. It's going to be really difficult for me to stay calm and relaxed if I get a BFP again and I am trying to prepare myself that if I do get BFP again and all goes well, it could be another boy and not a girl, which will be tough for me because I was convinced the baby I miscarried was a girl. My GP was very reassuring and said we could do weekly hcg blood tests to keep things checked. Is there anything else I could do to help reassure me, other than praying constantly? Thanks

sunnygirl
January 23rd, 2016, 01:13 AM
1moregirl my heart is with you! I'll pray for you too! I don't have any advice, but I'll be cheering you on. I'm sure atomic will have the best answer. Have you been doing atomic's fertility diet? Better for us later moms and has a pink sway version.

1moregirl
January 23rd, 2016, 02:05 AM
Thanks Sunnygirl. I have been trying to do the Atomic Fertility Diet but I don't know how good I've been. I've always been hopeless at diets. Do we still skip breakfast on that diet? I have been having a cup of tea with milk for breakfast and small bowl of a gluten free cereal (fibre?), for lunch I have a sandwich with smoked salmon in it and sometimes lettuce and tomato and for dinner whatever is on the menu at home. I've been having one (2 at the most serves of red meat) per week with salad or veggies. And I've been trying to have 3 pieces of fruit per day. I really struggle to eat any more than that. I just hope I'm doing enough. I have been eating wholemeal bread instead of white and if we have pasta I will eat gluten free pasta. I have been avoiding my weaknesses which are sweets, cake and chocolate. And doing a low fat, low sugar diet as per gastroenterologist suggestion. Does this sound ok or should I improve on it? I'm thinking maybe I should take a bit of calcium sup as I just find it hard to fit in yoghurt and I'm not a milk drinker either? Thanks so much for your kind words Sunnygirl and your prayers. I need all the help I can get. :) xx

sunnygirl
January 23rd, 2016, 04:51 AM
I think that the low fat low protein no snacking thing will work in your favour for pink sway. I'm not sure if you add in calcium now if your body will think conditions are improving and swing you back to boy. Did atomic suggest calcium? I'd be getting the mindset/thinking for this attempt (to take the pressure off yourself) that it will be a test run/unsuccessful attempt just so you are less stressed. If you don't get a bfp this month, ask atomic about whether your should take zinc and or Ubiquinol to improve egg quality before the attempt after (if there is one). I have only seen that talked about a little on here, but don't know much about it. Go for lots of long walks with friends, listen to beautiful music and treat yourself to some r & rwhere possible so you can go in relaxed and get to enjoy it. Praying for peace above everything for you xx (or totally get overwhelmed, think it has all failed in advance going in with a feeling of defeat which also sways pink :-) either is win win)

1moregirl
January 23rd, 2016, 05:00 PM
Thanks again Sunnygirl. Lots of great advice there. I have been taking ubiquinol and 2000mcg folic acid and Elevit 3 X per day. And yes, I have to just try to stay relaxed and positive and whatever will be will be. I do plan to exercise a bit more starting next week when 2 kids will be back at school. I have my one little girl starting school so bit emotional about it and the possibility that this year is the last year I will have a little one at home with me (he will be at kinder next year), but I guess we all get to that stage in life sooner or later. Do you think you'll be trying for a girl this year some time? Where in Australia are you Hun? We are in Melbourne.

sunnygirl
January 23rd, 2016, 11:15 PM
It sounds like you have so much on emotionally. All must be feeling a bit too much. I'm much further north...in the tropics :-)

1moregirl
January 24th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Oh the tropics. Lucky you. Yes I've lived in Victoria all my life yet I have never liked our Winters. I have a sister who lives up near Tweed Heads. I'm not sure if I could live any where North of Brisbane due to it being too hot but I'm sure you'd get used to it. :) I'm feeling better today about attempt coming up and I am going to look at it exactly like you suggested...as tho it's a test run and a practice. You give such wonderful advice - like another Atomic. :) xx

sunnygirl
January 24th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Oh the tropics. Lucky you. Yes I've lived in Victoria all my life yet I have never liked our Winters. I have a sister who lives up near Tweed Heads. I'm not sure if I could live any where North of Brisbane due to it being too hot but I'm sure you'd get used to it. :) I'm feeling better today about attempt coming up and I am going to look at it exactly like you suggested...as tho it's a test run and a practice. You give such wonderful advice - like another Atomic. :) xx

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better about it! Thanks for the compliment, but I'm nothing like atomic - she's a freakin genius with much more experience/ knowledge at this than me. I just regurgitate what she said lol. I've got some of my own theories, but they are just speculation and could also be wrong lol.

This time of year the weather here is unbearable. The humidity through the roof and you live with the a/c on or sit under a fan 24/7. I'm so sticky lol! I'd rather be where you are with the cooler, drier weather, awesome shopping, dinning and culture! Living in thongs ((flip-flops for all you non-Aussies ��), shorts and singlets gets old. Make-up melts off or your skin miraculously drinks it. You never feel like you can dress up. Looking fwd to May when the weather is decent, drier and cooler! I've been to the Tweed. It's nice down there.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Good luck, ladies!

It's totally normal to feel nervous!!! :cheer: