PDA

View Full Version : Baby Wearing Sling and Breastfeeding

Jany1025
January 23rd, 2016, 04:05 PM
So the newbie (3 weeks old) has entered the HOLD ME or I will scream all day phase, naturally having 3 other kids I need to get things done. Can anyone recommend (not sure if its even possible) a sling that I can wear and breastfeed while walking around etc...?? Thanks!

TRL
January 23rd, 2016, 05:14 PM
Does she have reflux? There is usually some reason why they get fussy.

Jany1025
January 23rd, 2016, 05:16 PM
Does she have reflux? There is usually some reason why they get fussy.

Hmm TRL, I thought the same, I think your Addison has reflux right? What were the symptoms?? I am thinking not because the minute I pick her up she is completely fine and falls back to sleep and at night thank goodness she is only getting up the usual 2 to 2 1/2 hours?

TRL
January 23rd, 2016, 05:49 PM
Addison had silent reflux, where she would spit up and swallow it again. So she would scream in pain. I could hear the reflux also. Lots of hiccups. Elevating is the best position. Maybe why she is fine while you are holding her. The swing is always a good option, or elevating her crib with some towels under the top half. So it's at an angle.

maidentomother
January 23rd, 2016, 05:58 PM
I think the ring type slings are generally best for BFing newborns, like the Maya Wrap? No personal experience obviously but that's what I've read/researched.

When I nannied newborns most strongly preferred to be held up until at least 3 months, and I've never had a reflux baby in my care (to my knowledge), so your DD2 sounds healthy and normal to me. If the parents had an easily adjustable sling I'd use it while cooking or if I had a toddler (or more) in addition to an infant. I *imagine* I could have BFed pretty easily in the front ones. I don't like the back ones anyway...

Please let us know what works for you as I think I have a very similar upper body to you and hopefully I can use the same one, one day. And tell us which ones didn't work too!

Good luck :)

Babygirlquest
January 24th, 2016, 05:39 AM

Hopefaithson
January 24th, 2016, 01:17 PM
My DD loved the baby bjorn, but I never BF in it... Not sure if it's possible. She also had a phase where she wanted to be held and nursed or would scream all day. She had reflux and we ended up eventually switching to enfamil AR formula (to all the moms who judge moms who use formula keep your criticism to yourself, I was advised to do it by her pedi, and felt bad enough I couldn't exclusively BF!) I have also heard wonderful things about the Ergo baby!

Babygirlquest
January 31st, 2016, 03:33 AM
Hopefaithson, I found the Bjorn put quite a lot of strain on my back and I don't think it's design would easily accommodate breastfeeding. My friend also loved the Bjorn but I found it so uncomfortable, maybe because I am small and she was very tall. The ergo just seems to attribute the weight more magically!!!

queen-of-harts
January 31st, 2016, 04:01 AM
I prefer a wrap like a Moby when they are tiny and then a Tula after about 12 pounds.

Little Lunasa
January 31st, 2016, 05:06 PM
Stretchy wraps like je porte mon bebe ones are brilliant to bf in. Or ring slings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk