PDA

View Full Version : TV show about family with 8 boys

Zivic-Bubac
September 10th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Last year it was on our television, the Gavrilovic family with 8 sons. Father is the one who wants a daughter and they will try one last time for baby girl daddy wants. Father is 38, mother 33.

They live in extreme poverty with no water in the house, but they are very nice and modest people and boys are clean and well behaved and grateful for everything. Mother is making bread each morning not bcos they are too fancy to buy it somewhere but because it is the cheapest way. Most of the time they eat beans, sometimes eggs, meat rarely'n'barely.

Show has 10 (or more?) episodes and during that time sponsors helped the family to stand on their own feet and get beds for boys etc. They are NOT on well fair.

Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c_UJOXIH3Q 1st episode, it's in Serbian and I would love to translate it for you, if someone has idea how, please tell me :)

Note: At the beginning, mom is crying out of happiness bcos someone came to help. She repeated few times she wants nothing for herself, only for her children. From swaying point of view, she drinks lots of black coffee, works alot, eats home made bread...:think:

ELP
September 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I bet she is a strong woman, like lean muscle. Add this to the protein from the occasional eggs, hmm I wonder if they have fish on occasion? This does sound good to watch! It wouldn't matter for me if its in Serbian as my computer doesn't have sound lol:oops: If you see anything else on there ZB let us know!

And its nice that they are helping them out, hopefully they will follow them in the future!

swish
September 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
The fact that they are poor and eat bread and little meat would all be girl sway factors. Maybe it's to do with the father???

Zivic-Bubac
September 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I think ELP might be right, that she is strong woman since she works very hard physically 24/7 they don't have washing machine so she washes all the laundry by hands.
But I agree with swish, it all sounds like girls only. Father is a smoker :sigh:

I was watching the show occasionally mostly to see what she was eating (:oops: yes, I know I'm obsessed) BTW, having only boys wasn't the focus of that show, but need to help large family with practically nothing. It was my focus to see what swayed so powerful LOL!

I think they ended up with :xy: # 9, but I'll have to check that.

swish
September 10th, 2011, 01:02 PM
That is crazy! Be interesting to study them, I obsessively watch want all girl mums put in the shopping trollies!! We've all gone sway crazy!!

Zivic-Bubac
September 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
We've all gone sway crazy!! :rofl: you bet we did! :rofl:
They are expecting #9 but they don't know the gender yet!

queen-of-harts
September 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I would love to be able to understand what they are saying,im super interested in the show even if they had mixed genders but the fact that they have soo many of one gender makes it even more interesting to me.Plus it is rare to see a family with more boys than I have ;)

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Gender ratio is SO complicated, I just read a study about the Dutch famine in WW2 and they ended up having slightly more boys than girls even though they had no food. I think there HAVE to be other things that can affect/undo the diet aspects, like testosterone. That woman may NEED massive amounts of testosterone just to get through her day to day life, KWIM??

ETA - the boys are so cute though!! OMG what I wouldn't give for just one or two more during those long years when I thought we were done!!!

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
That is crazy! Be interesting to study them, I obsessively watch want all girl mums put in the shopping trollies!! We've all gone sway crazy!!

I have def. noticed that girl moms seem to shop at different stores than boy moms do! I always see boy moms at Costco (buying huge packages of macaroni and cheese) and girl moms at Target (buying glitter and hairbows)!! Cause, or effect??

zanacal
September 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I'm just waiting for the day when somebody asks me what I'm staring out - um, I was looking in your trolley to see what you eat and then checking how fat or thin it's made you and then I'm looking to see what sex your children are!

swish
September 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Lol, me too, z, i look in the trolley first then often turn o watch them walk off, either thet think I'm mad or very rude!

Zivic-Bubac
September 12th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I would love to be able to understand what they are saying, Here it is, just for you ;)
At the beginning , mother says she would love to finish the house and to provide better life for her children. Then the boys are introducing themselves: Mario 5yo, Sasha 6yo, Milan 9yo, Svetislav 10yo, he would love to have a scooter, Daniel 11yo, he would love a bicycle, Aleksandar 12yo, he wants new snickers, Srecko 14 yo, he wants a computer just like his friends, Sladjan is the oldest 16 yo and he goes to the high school.

Then parents: Zoran 38yo and Daniela 33 yo. Zoran says he originally wanted 2 kids and when they had boy first, he assumed the 2nd would be a girl, and then 3rd would be a girl and so on. ( isn't that a mistake we all make ? :rofl:)

Daniela says they have no regrets for having so many children, boys are everything they have and their treasure. She would like to give her husband a daughter he wants. They got married in 1997, without wedding gown, wedding cake or reception after the ceremony.

They go 3km for water, they drink spring water ( I immediately thought of you, maybe it's something in the water, who knows? :think:) When the wheather is OK they go by tractor, but if the snow is too big, they walk. Boys also walk every day to the school few km which represents the problem during the winter since they were attacked twice by wolves (!!!!!)

Daniela cooks each day, mostly beans and cabbage, and makes 5 breads every day. They go to the village to get grocery, mostly onion, cabbage, carrot from 2 people who often give them for free or wait until Zoran and Daniela make enough money to pay back.

This is the short version of episode 1 :)

Zivic-Bubac
September 12th, 2011, 04:49 AM
That woman may NEED massive amounts of testosterone just to get through her day to day life, KWIM??
That's very good point! :agree: I would be probably found dead after 1 day of her life :rofl:

swish
September 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Lol, zb, you make me laugh!!!!

queen-of-harts
September 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Here it is, just for you ;)
At the beginning , mother says she would love to finish the house and to provide better life for her children. Then the boys are introducing themselves: Mario 5yo, Sasha 6yo, Milan 9yo, Svetislav 10yo, he would love to have a scooter, Daniel 11yo, he would love a bicycle, Aleksandar 12yo, he wants new snickers, Srecko 14 yo, he wants a computer just like his friends, Sladjan is the oldest 16 yo and he goes to the high school.

Then parents: Zoran 38yo and Daniela 33 yo. Zoran says he originally wanted 2 kids and when they had boy first, he assumed the 2nd would be a girl, and then 3rd would be a girl and so on. ( isn't that a mistake we all make ? :rofl:)

Daniela says they have no regrets for having so many children, boys are everything they have and their treasure. She would like to give her husband a daughter he wants. They got married in 1997, without wedding gown, wedding cake or reception after the ceremony.

They go 3km for water, they drink spring water ( I immediately thought of you, maybe it's something in the water, who knows? :think:) When the wheather is OK they go by tractor, but if the snow is too big, they walk. Boys also walk every day to the school few km which represents the problem during the winter since they were attacked twice by wolves (!!!!!)

Daniela cooks each day, mostly beans and cabbage, and makes 5 breads every day. They go to the village to get grocery, mostly onion, cabbage, carrot from 2 people who often give them for free or wait until Zoran and Daniela make enough money to pay back.

This is the short version of episode 1 :)

Thank you for doing that Zivic that really helped! I always wondered if it was something in the water since we have well water but i did only drink RO water 6 weeks before i ttc my youngest but i got boy but it may still be a small part of the swaying puzzle.Also i tend to never drink enough to begin with so it likely had no effect on me.I wish this show could be made with some english subtitles lol

TTC5
September 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I'm just waiting for the day when somebody asks me what I'm staring out - um, I was looking in your trolley to see what you eat and then checking how fat or thin it's made you and then I'm looking to see what sex your children are!

LMAO!!

My Fabulous Children
September 24th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Wow 8 boys!!!

awi3rd
October 4th, 2011, 03:46 PM
obsessively watch want all girl mums put in the shopping trollies!!

What a great idea! I've never thought of that. LOL Thing is, I RARELY see any families with all girls where I live. It's usually all boys. Must be something in the water, I say. :) I will have to check out the link/show.